Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 43 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 42 43
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=Riverhawk]Was having the same issues...downloaded free Adblocker for iphone and activated it per their instructions....not a single ad or redirect since. Took about 2 minutes and I was back up and running. Try it. It works. Still using Safari. [/quote/]

This^^^

Last edited by m_stevenson; 12/23/18.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
We're moving right along now. Anyone want to try to get set up but just not sure exactly ? Just ask, no harm no foul. Together we can! grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cleared my website data and very first time I came back....pop up congratulations bullshit. It's very frustrating. Not sure what I can do about it on my iPhone.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll see if the ad blocker "stopad" works.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Well I tried one of the Ad blockers and it did not work

I’m referring to the most popular IPAD “ADBLOCK” that had 20k+ downloads - It didn’t fix it...

I’m now trying Norton Adblock...

on some IOS you have to enable it in your settings.

Link.

This, I use safari so I had to go into Settings /Safari/Content Blockers and then turn it on. Bingo then it worked. No more headaches. Occassionally I have to turn it off if I am filling out a form but it works great.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Go to the app store and download the adblock plus for the safari. I have a iPhone, iPad and MacBook pro and they all run clean of ads and popups with this software.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It has to be torture to be a ford fanboy and have that Chevy ad popup in front of you every time you turn a page on this site. LOL

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I downloaded add blocker pro and followed there instructions. So far so good. Both my iPad and phone seem to be working just fine. We shall see if it lasts.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ChanceD
I have both I pad and iPhone and have been having lots of issues with both. This is the only site I have issues with.

Yep. I can't log in for more than 20 or 30 seconds without being redirected to some bullschit.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Springcove
I downloaded add blocker pro and followed there instructions. So far so good. Both my iPad and phone seem to be working just fine. We shall see if it lasts.

I'm not putting schit on my phone just to use this site. Because this is the ONLY site I ever have issues with.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

I'm not putting schit on my phone just to use this site. Because this is the ONLY site I ever have issues with.

The only ad that hits my tablet is that dang chevy truck ad every single page it has to be x'ed out. But the phone gets hammered.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tzone I completely understand. Was just sharing what seems to to be working on my devices. This site as much as I enjoy it has some real issues and they need to be addressed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The problem is javascript but the site is not usable without it

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Horrible on my ipad

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thats the problem. You dont understand that you DO have issues with all websites, and why you need an adblocker of some sort. You may not see ads and such, but theres so much happening in the background. Years ago when first adblockers came out I had the same reaction you did. Until one of the hackers showed me how much data was being used in the background. At the time I was on cell plan only. After installing the adblocker I lowered my plan, the background BS was using that much data. Maybe you dont give a schit how much data you use. But you should give a schit how much info of yours these companies are sending back and marketing to others.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Well I tried one of the Ad blockers and it did not work

I’m referring to the most popular IPAD “ADBLOCK” that had 20k+ downloads - It didn’t fix it...

I’m now trying Norton Adblock...

on some IOS you have to enable it in your settings.

Link.

This, I use safari so I had to go into Settings /Safari/Content Blockers and then turn it on. Bingo then it worked. No more headaches. Occassionally I have to turn it off if I am filling out a form but it works great.

Good deal. Can't imagine suffering it without at least taking a few minutes to get set up and try it out. It works and the headache is gone!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I'm not putting schit on my phone just to use this site.

Then your problem is solved.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pat85
It has to be torture to be a ford fanboy.......LOL

Fixt grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Good point. Ablockers are basic tools along with the browser. Take a step to fix what is in your control, enjoy the site without BS, and boldly go where no man has gone before.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just did a test on the site from my PC. Now I dont see the schit the test pulled up because im running chrome with abp and ghostery, but click on the link. Look at performance review. Check out domains. Itll give you an idea just how phugged up this site is.

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/181224_NW_03330acd05b70cb6c35d023ec4c7c17c/

I posted these types of tests before. But he continues with this subpar BS.

Page 34 of 43 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 257man, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.