Hop To
Page 35 of 43 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 42 43
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Springcove
I downloaded add blocker pro and followed there instructions. So far so good. Both my iPad and phone seem to be working just fine. We shall see if it lasts.

I'm not putting schit on my phone just to use this site. Because this is the ONLY site I ever have issues with.

Well, if you decide that you would like to try to use this site without problems, we're showing you the way. Merry Christmas

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I get the amazon/walmart/sweepstakes popups on my iPhone and it drives me crazy. I've tried adblockers with limited success.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Callum Davey can vouch for the authenticity of the gift cards.
Hahahaha!!!!!

Really would like to see the retro spinning wheel of doom come back.
Alot of ya didnt get to experience that one from 18- 24 months ago.

It was really cool!!!!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I get the amazon/walmart/sweepstakes popups on my iPhone and it drives me crazy. I've tried adblockers with limited success.

There's specific steps to take to activate your adblocker as well as specific Adblockers that work. Also folks have used Dolphin browser with success.

So, exactly what browser do you use? Folks have been able to go 100% redirect free and it'll work for you too if we get the right set up.

I'm Android though, still zero ads, pop-ups or redirects. These other guys will help. Got a few minutes to give it a try?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
After the install of any of the blockers:

1: Do a shutdown and then restart the device.
2: Go to settings and check if the blocker is turned on.

Adblocker plus works here. But one of my vehicles is a Chevy, so I no doubt get preferential perks laugh

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Springcove
I downloaded add blocker pro and followed there instructions. So far so good. Both my iPad and phone seem to be working just fine. We shall see if it lasts.

I'm not putting schit on my phone just to use this site. Because this is the ONLY site I ever have issues with.

As they say, hint:

The fact you ever visited this site means you have a pile of schit on your device.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As much as we enjoy them, websites are not our friends.
Websites cost money to set up and operate.
Every click is monitored and every bit of data about you is sold.
That is how they pay for the site and servers and make a profit.
As marketing intensive as this site is, you can bet .gov has their hooks in here as well, mining our data and archiving our comments, whether the owners realize that or not.
We all need to protect our sanity and protect our data.
Adblockers and more are necessary, if we want to surf the web.

I do believe sites are reaching a point of overwhelming viewers with disruptive ads which will end in decreased revenue. The campfire seems to be at that point.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What ads?

LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Callum Davey can vouch for the authenticity of the gift cards.
Hahahaha!!!!!

Really would like to see the retro spinning wheel of doom come back.
Alot of ya didnt get to experience that one from 18- 24 months ago.

It was really cool!!!!!

Hey - you were supposed to go get help from the hot girl at the mall to install some good software! Come on - she's there till 5pm! grin

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Regular AdBlock for Chrome on my MacBooks and iMacs. NeverAds on my iPhone. I don't have any issues with the site and don't see any ads. Heck, I don't see the Chevy ad either. Not sure why you are having the issues.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Woodhits

I got rid of it by changing settings on my phone. Its no more

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
We shouldnt have to go to these lengths when the problem is the site ...

GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR!!

Yep, however, a man can only control what is in his control.... If you don't want to use the site without issue, you're all set.

The fix only takes a few minutes and a bit of effort. Many thousands think it's worth it.

Merry Christmas

--- Kid Rock 2022

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The $1.99 adblock fixes the problem on the site and others. I bought it a couple days ago. No issues since

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
The $1.99 adblock fixes the problem on the site and others. I bought it a couple days ago. No issues since

Cool! Way to hang in there for the WIN!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Is it too soon to ask if anyone has admitted that maybe they were just being stubborn?

hint

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Is it too soon to ask if anyone has admitted that maybe they were just being stubborn?

hint

You gone and done it now! As big Jim would say, "Fill your hand!"

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
“Yep, however, a man can only control what is in his control.... If you don't want to use the site without issue, you're all set.

The fix only takes a few minutes and a bit of effort. Many thousands think it's worth it.“

MtnBoomer,

That’s not the point. I’ve been a member here for 17 years. This is the only site I’ve ever been on that has this problem. I shouldn’t have to pay to escape ads and pop-ups that make it impossible to even read the site. That’s being held hostage in a sense.

And Merry Christmas back at ‘cha!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I used Addblock Pro and it was free. Download of the app was quick. Then it’s just going into the settings and setting it up was easy.

Merry Christmas

N
ned Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I switched to Firefox for my iPhone and iPad browser. Never easy to change but it solved the problem and it is very fast.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
“Yep, however, a man can only control what is in his control.... If you don't want to use the site without issue, you're all set.

The fix only takes a few minutes and a bit of effort. Many thousands think it's worth it.“

MtnBoomer,

That’s not the point. I’ve been a member here for 17 years. This is the only site I’ve ever been on that has this problem. I shouldn’t have to pay to escape ads and pop-ups that make it impossible to even read the site. That’s being held hostage in a sense.

And Merry Christmas back at ‘cha!

I appreciate the Merry Christmas but totally disagree what the point is in this situation.

There's plenty of free adblockers. It's silly not to use what works if you wish to use the site without issue. Or, a guy can continue to suffer waiting for Rick to fix it. But, chit's been going on for years as you know. It's a simple fix on the user's end and the only thing we have any control over.

When someone told me that on Android I could use Firefox browser with the add-on uBlock Origin and then IT WORKED 100% I was rather pleased, have not paid a dime and have had zero ads, pop-ups, nor redirects since. NO PROBLEMS for over 2 years.... Several guys made some changes recently and are now problem free. That's the point... Adblocking software is good in many other ways too.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 35 of 43 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 1,764 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,308
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.