Hop To
Page 36 of 43 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 42 43
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Is it too soon to ask if anyone has admitted that maybe they were just being stubborn?

hint

You gone and done it now! As big Jim would say, "Fill your hand!"

There’s just nothing better than starting a fight on Christmas Eve. 😉
Merry Christmas everyone!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

#13389603 12/24/18
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Can the moderators do anything about the horrendous pop up ads on the forum lately.. sometimes I can’t click two pages without getting bombarded with ads. Please.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
iPhone 8S and iPad Air with ad block and always get the horse chit redirects to prizes and such. Sometimes like right now I am using Firefox and it’s not giving me trouble but sometimes Firefox does it too. It’s been like this for years, sometimes it’s unusable and sometimes I can go through several threads before it happens. Pretty frustrating for sure as this is the only forum that this happens to me on.

Have you turned/enabled Adblock Plus in your iPhone settings?

Thanks skeen...

I had previously installed adblock but still experienced the pop-ups. Didn't realize it had to be turned on in settings.

No ads or pop-ups now...

When using a windows based device and you add an ad blocker to Firefox it becomes active automatically. Live and learn

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You and me both! We should have a survey to see how many members this affects and then post ways to avoid the ads broken down by device and browser. I can avoid them on my laptop and desktop but I just can't get around them on my Samsung S6 Active using Chrome.

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Same here on my iPhone. Pop up blocker is on.

Still a problem.

DF

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
GREAT STUFF! Skeen you the man!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm new here but have been on 4-5 other forums for over a decade and this is by far the worst I've experienced. The Chevy add alone is pretty awful when using my phone. When I get the others that redirect me, I have to close out the window so i normally just move on to another site at that point. Fwiw, I've got a 2 week old galaxy S9

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best fix for this is to use a real device, not an apple smile

Merry Christmas to all

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
All this started out on android devices. It hit me a couple times on my iPhone but thought I had outwitted it. After some time it hit me with a vengeance. Seemed to be just on weekends but hammered me today. Installed Adblock and so far seems good. Carry on.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

It's the same way for me!! Stinking ads pop up all the time. Especially the Chevy ad. IMO, it's a darn good way to lose members.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If I’m using data instead of WiFi on an iPhone or iPad I can’t even click on anything on this site without a redirect . For whatever reason I don’t have any issues if I’m on WiFi.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Old Tim Cook, when he took over as CEO of Apple, told me that If I didn't want to support the LBGQT and Man Made Climate Change movements, I should not buy Apple devices or stocks. I have done my best to follow his advice on that, because I support neither.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by rosco1
If I’m using data instead of WiFi on an iPhone or iPad I can’t even click on anything on this site without a redirect . For whatever reason I don’t have any issues if I’m on WiFi.

Weird. Renegade50 was kinda having similar issues.... Have you tried to install and activate an adblocker? Hopefully you can get it going.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Best fix for this is to use a real device, not an apple smile

Merry Christmas to all

[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Go download Norton Ad Block from the apple store - once you turn it on, it worked for me.

It’s free dang it..

DO NOT download the other popular on 20K downloads - it doesn’t work... at least for this site’s issue.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 12/24/18.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'm skeptical that the Gunwriters are the answer. You can hope someone does something on the boss's end or do what's in your control and get the right software to work around it. Several guys got their stuff working in the past couple of days to much JOY. Many, likely thousands suffer zero problems here.... Only takes a few minutes and a bit of effort. No need to explain how FUBAR it is, or how silly it is to have to do something for problems that are only here, BTDT. If you want to get it working, it's in your hands. With adblockers running you're better off everywhere.

Some Apple info here. If you install the adblocker you also have to turn it on.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...pple-devices-fix-this-bleep#Post13384678

For the PC and Android. Here's what works (among others) to have ZERO ads, freeze ups, pop-ups, or redirects.

PC Win 7 64bit, Google Chrome Browser with the add-on Adblock Plus (not just any adblocker)

Android phone and tablet. Firefox Browser with the add-on uBlock Origin (not just any adblocker)

Good luck. Join in on the fun if you know how to help... Merry Christmas!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Go download Norton Ad Block from the apple store - once you turn it on, it worked for me.

It’s free dang it..

DO NOT download the other popular on 20K downloads - it doesn’t work... at least for this site’s issue.

Good golly even a Norton product will fix it! OMG LOL WTF FUBAR

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boomer,

just FYI and for others too,

My Win 7 64bit runs fine with Firefox and AB+. Never an issue.

I'm no fan of anything owned by the big "G" and refuse to use their stuff if at all possible. Fuggers wanna take over the world.

OH, I don't do the 'fire thing on my phone. Not enthusiastic enough about your fine folks to be on it all day!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not terribly fond of blocking ads, ads helps pay for the site. But there is an annoyance limit and the ad racket passed that long ago. So I use an ad blocker, currently AdBlocker Ultimate, on my Windows 7 desktop. The latest AdBlocker has always worked over the years. From the discussions on the Hunter's Campfire forum blocking ads on various phones is more difficult but doable but I wouldn't know. see there.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I don’tmind The Chevy ads.

It’s those that pirate my phone saying I’ve won something. AT&T, WalMart and Amazon are the main ones. Ad blocker doesn’t seem to block these.

I have to go out, delete and start over.

PITA.

DF

Page 36 of 43 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,259
Posts18,486,403
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.