Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Very few people in the office today, but some who are here are laying low in hopes things are forgotten and blow over in the next week or so. I've received a couple of apology texts and emails so far.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Very few people in the office today, but some who are here are laying low in hopes things are forgotten and blow over in the next week or so. I've received a couple of apology texts and emails so far.

The last Christmas party my boss had was almost 10 years ago. Two of my colleagues announced their relationship to everyone. It was very awkward for all attending. My boss never had another Christmas party after that one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You lead a much more exciting life than I do.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

LMFAO......you know you fucked up bad when you have to send out a group text to your co-workers with an apology for your behavior at the Christmas party. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Last few Christmas parties I attended, everyone was given two drink tickets. I suppose some were given to the heavy drinkers by the non drinkers. But people stayed sober.
I do recall 20 years ago people passed out or should have but instead they made an ass of themselves.
And some marriage vows were broken
Those of us that stayed sober fared much better career wise.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by barm

The last Christmas party my boss had was almost 10 years ago. Two of my colleagues announced their relationship to everyone. It was very awkward for all attending. My boss never had another Christmas party after that one.

Two guys? That would be awkward....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard the horror stories from our corporate parties from many years ago. This was long before I started with Wal Mart. The one that led to discontinuing the parties was pretty epic. One of the big wigs got caught in his office bumping uglies with his secretary, which probably wouldn't have been so bad, except that it was his wife that caught him. An inebriated shop manager walked off the end of a loading dock and broke his shoulder. Two guys decided they were too drunk to drive them selves home, so made the classic decision to "follow" each other home. They made it less than a mile down the road before they ran into each other. Another guy left the party and passed out at a train crossing waiting for a train to pass. He had the window open with his head hanging out the window, and the whole side of his head was covered with snow when the cop rolled up on him. 'Scared the crap out of the cop as he thought someone had shot him in the head and blew his brains out. So in one night they had one serious injury in the shop, three DUI's and a messy divorce case. So much for corporate parties at that company.

Last edited by gophergunner; 12/24/18.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by fester

Sometimes being complete sober watching drinkers get tanked is funny!

I normally eschew the complete sobriety thing at social events, but always have remembered what my old man said to me during a cocktail party at their place in Boston long ago after I asked why he didn't loosen up a bit and enjoy one or two more than his usual beers. He said, "first off, I make it a point to always be in control, especially so anywhere that your mother is present. That's something that might not be possible if I have too much to drink. Second, over the years I've found more pleasure at these types of social gatherings can be had watching people. Some normally pretentious, prim and proper old sea biscuit falling down with her dress over her head, some loudmouth getting slapped by his wife in front of everyone, and occasionally getting a chance to confront some hayseed for pilfering things like shrimp, lobster tails and crab claws. 'Hey there fella, I note that your pet crab in your sport coat pocket is needing you to take him for a walk or something; he keeps reaching up trying to get your attention...' wink

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.