M
Immoderate moderating?

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thank you slumlord I am glad you enjoy my stories about log building.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by IZH27
Accurate reloading is a joke now.

But it's the premier place to buy a piece of overpriced Elephant hide stitched on to a 2 dollar wallet or 10 dollar sling. And there is also the jackass with the constant ads for holsters.

Lol. Yep. That classified section used to rock.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I used to like it. Good bunch of participants, back at least four years or so. Classifieds were a good place full of reasonable deals on bullets, brass and the like. Then it changed and got all picky. At one point I was notified that my account was ‘suspended’ because I had some bullets listed on two boards. I mean I get it that listing in two places might not be a good thing, but it was a ‘first offense’ and the punishment didn’t fit the crime. Maybe I overreacted, but I thought that was an @sshole move; so I deleted my account.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Like a lot of people I was there four or five years ago to learn what they knew about Handi rifles and fitting the barrels. Never had any problems but didn't post much. When I sold the Handi's there was nothing of interest there for me.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The moderating is just as bad if not worse on TnDeer.com and most of the members are trailer park, white trash imbeciles. 15 mods and none of them deer hunt.

The site owner drills 3 holes into a lawn mower deck at a factory, calls himself a tool and die maker for that. Made 1/2 his coworkers and neighbors moderators. hahaha

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been a member that for a long time. But I forgot all about it!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I joined GBO about 25 years ago. Back then there was a wealth of good information and plenty of informed posters. Yeah, GB was a tyrant and he spanked me a couple times, but he did keep the trolls, pottymouths and spam under control. Around 2005 I stopped visiting regularly, but sporratic visits since have shown the site in decline to the current condition when nearly 50% of posts are not even firearms related. I didn’t even know GB sold the site until last year.

If you want to know a little about the current owner and the list of sites it owns:

https://www.canadalandshow.com/torstar-owned-verticalscope-runs-dozens-of-gun-forums/

Last edited by DoubleRadius; 01/12/19.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
was banned from GB back in the day. was ripped off in the buy-sell. i complained mightily on the forum. he dumped me. good riddance for them and me both.

that was long before i found this site.

it's been sold? do tell.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a nice target rifle there 20 years ago. The guy gave me a deal, and threw in some match 22s because it was my birthday. I think his name was Brown from Alabama. I was just starting out in life and that really helped.
I shot silhouette a lot then and the GB board was very active, then they got heavy handed and everyone split. I did too.

IC B3

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Rick300 may remember me from the forum. My handle there is nw_hunter, and I was a moderator for many years on the political forum and others. Back when Bill was owner of the site,we kept a close watch on things as moderators.Not so much anymore, and I don't moderate or post there as often as I use to.It was a dedicated outdoor family place to go, and flame wars and trolling was not allowed.A very informative site IMO and I don't think we will see another like it in the near future.I can see the youth today not liking it as much as us old geezers. This is the WWW and there is room for all.:-)

"NOTE" I do have to admit, since Bill sold it, things have gone down hill.He is still an Adm there, and visits often. I never saw Bill as a tyrant as some here have mentioned. I think he started the best outdoor site on the web, and for years keep it at the top.

Last edited by loggerbrad; 03/01/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Try the S&W forum.

I can't, after I told the site owner to go phuc himself...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Gaybeard - bill can KMA , predator masters sucks bigtime -fatass michael j. mcCasslin and stu [the fairy] fairish are two queermo's who ruined the site- pensacola fishing forum super sucks - say one word in disagreement with a moderator and you're out .
longrangehunting -len - sucks too .
24hrcampfire is hands down the best site on the web , where folks can be themselves - although Rick needs to dump some liberals IMO . If the fire evolved into a heavily moderated site - I'd be done with forums .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I still look. mostly at Handi forum. As for moderation, at least people there are usually polite. Can it be said 24 hr. is UNDER moderated?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by loggerbrad
Rick300 may remember me from the forum. My handle there is nw_hunter, and I was a moderator for many years on the political forum and others. Back when Bill was owner of the site,we kept a close watch on things as moderators.Not so much anymore, and I don't moderate or post there as often as I use to.It was a dedicated outdoor family place to go, and flame wars and trolling was not allowed.A very informative site IMO and I don't think we will see another like it in the near future.I can see the youth today not liking it as much as us old geezers. This is the WWW and there is room for all.:-)

"NOTE" I do have to admit, since Bill sold it, things have gone down hill.He is still an Adm there, and visits often. I never saw Bill as a tyrant as some here have mentioned. I think he started the best outdoor site on the web, and for years keep it at the top.

I still visit the site almost daily, still some good people on the forum. But the gun technocrats seem to have moved on and it seems the political/conversation forum have taken over which is ok. I like to check the classifieds there for Contender stuff and occasionally argue with one of the leftists that post there same as here. Bill has never given me a bad time though we have had a few words at times. The forum seemed a bit heavily moderated but so what it is their forum! What I am seeing is that in general hunting and fishing forums are losing members steadily. This is a fine forum and the lack of moderation doesn't bother me any. I figure I will visit Graybeard outdoors til it's over periodically with no complaints. I have been a member there long enough that I have changed my ways from the old days so maybe a bit of moderation was good for me.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 219DW, 222Sako, 1badf350, 21, 50 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,680
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.