Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I wish everyone posted pics

Wish granted..... There’s a pile of pics of different Tikka mounting systems in this very thread...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by 16bore
Do the Leupold DD's hang over the dovetail?

I bought 2 sets of standard Leupold bases with the windage rear base but used both of the dovetails

I'm assuming the hole spacing is the same front and back? Is there a height difference between the front and back mount? Everything lined up properly? Thanks.. Pics would be cool..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I just ordered 2 sets of Sportsmatch rings after Chet sent me a few pictures of his set up with them. I’ve been using the Warnes without issues but I like the lower mounting of the SM rings. Every little bit helps.

I’m liking the looks of the Backcountry rings as well.

I’ve got a couple McM EDGES coming for my 22-250 and 6.5. More for the Length of pull and a little additional face support. The plain old factory stocks aren’t too bad in my book if they work for you.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
I just ordered 2 sets of Sportsmatch rings after Chet sent me a few pictures of his set up with them. I’ve been using the Warnes without issues but I like the lower mounting of the SM rings. Every little bit helps.

I’m liking the looks of the Backcountry rings as well.

I’ve got a couple McM EDGES coming for my 22-250 and 6.5. More for the Length of pull and a little additional face support. The plain old factory stocks aren’t too bad in my book if they work for you.

Yeah, I like the factory stock. They aren't bad from what little use I've done with them... They feel good when packing around and mitigate recoil well enough...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone have experience with the Hawkins Precision Direct Mount rings that Bertram Brass is selling? I like the 25MOA built into them and lower, lighter mounting than my current setup- 20MOA rail and Burris XTR Sigs. Be nice if they used the dovetail like Sportsmatch though.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
David, I am not taking any serialized parts.... Occasionally do a full thing before selling or trading. Mainly stock stuff though. More to come and as time allows.

More, uhhh, Sportsmatch pics. If it has a rail, use the rail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 01/11/19. Reason: added words

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by David_Walter
MtnBoomer,

Are you stock painting for a fee? And/or ceracoating for a fee?

I like your work!!!

MtnBoomer has done a lot of work for me and quite frankly his work is just outstanding and very reasonable. Best kept secret out there. Unfortunately for me, he is getting more and more busy as people are beginning to recognize the quality of his work. Highly recommended!

R

Judges 21:25
“Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”

Liberal=liberated from God...How's that working out?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
David, I am not taking any serialized parts.... Occasionally do a full thing before selling or trading. Mainly stock stuff though. More to come and as time allows.

More, uhhh, Sportsmatch pics. If it has a rail, use the rail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those look great..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I bought 2 sets of standard Leupold bases with the windage rear base but used both of the dovetails

I'm assuming the hole spacing is the same front and back? Is there a height difference between the front and back mount? Everything lined up properly? Thanks.. Pics would be cool..

Hole spacing is the same as is height of each mount. Bsa send me your phone number and I will text some pics for you to post. Have a couple Tikkas with scopes mounted this way

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
For the guys running the Sportsmatch rings - what torque settings are you using? Thanks

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Hole spacing is the same as is height of each mount. Bsa send me your phone number and I will text some pics for you to post. Have a couple Tikkas with scopes mounted this way

Cool. Thanks, I'll get on that. I may just go the DD route as well. They have leupold standard mounts at Cabela's and I already have rings. I'll send a PM. Thanks!

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DG1969
For the guys running the Sportsmatch rings - what torque settings are you using? Thanks

I lube the screws and run them real tight, and use a recoil stud for the back base, either a 3mm steel pin, or a screw with the head ground down depending on where the rear base has to sit.[Linked Image][Linked Image]
The sportsmatch lows will handle some 50 mm scopes
This is a 4-30x50 Bushnell
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 01/12/19.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ChetAF
I have the Sportsmatch T084, and they do work very well. One side note, they are not tall enough to clear a 50mm scope, so get the taller ones if that is your plan.

Another new option is the Leupold Backcountry mounts. I have a set on the way from Brownell's and plan to give them a try.

https://www.leupold.com/scope-mounts/backcountry-tikka-t-3-t3x-hunter-2-pc-30mm-med-matte

See the 50 mm scope mounted above

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Great idea adding another pin.

I torque the base screws farmer tight. Run them in to stretch, back out, then back in snug. Clean, no lube. The washers on the SM are not beautiful but seem real effective, all business. The Warnes also clamp to the rail and have the standard Torx head screw. Have not seen anything sitting "atop" the rail I'd be even slightly interested in... Then the ring screws, torque to 16-18 ish. Perfect cheeckweld and eye alignment is the goal, not "as low as possible" like, I suspect, we got used to shooting for when working with drop-comb stocks. I used Warne lows with a 56mm and it almost cleared, and I made it clear.... .

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I didn't mention it but I line all my scope rings with Sellotape, been doing that for over 30 years, my scopes never move.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by ChetAF
I have the Sportsmatch T084, and they do work very well. One side note, they are not tall enough to clear a 50mm scope, so get the taller ones if that is your plan.

Another new option is the Leupold Backcountry mounts. I have a set on the way from Brownell's and plan to give them a try.

https://www.leupold.com/scope-mounts/backcountry-tikka-t-3-t3x-hunter-2-pc-30mm-med-matte

See the 50 mm scope mounted above

That's good to know! My 50mm Nightforce would not clear, but the objective bell on it is pretty large. Do you know the outside diameter of the bell on your scope? I suppose it also depends on eye relief and how far forward you can go down the barrel taper.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Great information here.. I like that pin idea on the sportmatch rings. They look great too..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Great information here.. I like that pin idea on the sportmatch rings. They look great too..

They come equipped with one, as do the Warnes. Designed for the front ringmount. IIRC which is highly suspect....

What matters more than bell or objective diameter is the location in relation to the barrel contour....

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Here's some pics 338rcm sent me to post. As he said in his post, he used 2 sets of Leupold standard mounts and then just used the DD mount and tossed the useless windage mount (well, those are my words there):

This is with the Meopra 4.5-14x44 scope in extra low DD's:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Next up is the Burris E1 4.5-14X42 in low DD's:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here is a pic of the underside of the bases:
[Linked Image]

Although there is a number on the bottom, which is specific to Leupold, I believe the mounts you need to look for are the 54447 leupold standard mounts. I know this may be a good option for guys wanting to get their scope on without having to order online somewhere, as most places carry Leupold standard mounts for some damn reason. I dont' like them, but Cabela's really pushes them. It's hard to find dual dovetail mounts around here. Hope this helps some of you guys and gives another option. Thanks again to 338rcm for sending the pics! Where's that damn Leupold rep at?

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have a set of the modified Talley's on a 7-08 and they work great. I've come to wonder why though, that folks dont' mount directly to the dovetail? It's a much better situation IMHO.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JGRaider; 01/12/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,558
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.