Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy once, cry once.

Get the Barrett Fieldcraft and never look back.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Buy once, cry once.

Have one coming should be here Thursday. Can't wait

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Buy once, cry once.

If I was set on a 6.5 long term, and I was only gonna hunt with it, I might have. I tend to trade around until I figure out what I want, THEN I get THE one. I wanted this one to be a hunting or range work gun. I’m still pondering 243AIs or 7-08s for the same purpose. Creed seems to be the lazy way out and the Bergara about where I’d want to go with a 700-type action, anyway. I’m not gonna get hurt too bad if I don’t like it.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
[Linked Image]

The Bergara shows serious potential. Just barely enough time to dial it in with some factory stuff. It seems to like the Hornady stuff a touch more than the Winchester factory loads I had on hand. I believe I’ll hang on to this one and throw a better scope on it soon. The outlier was on me, called....the pills wanted to all be touching.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 01/19/19.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very nice.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
The Sauer 100 is a great value and shoots very well.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe I'm getting the Ruger American Left Hand in the Creed.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by moosemike

cool

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
BSA, I have the American in a Creed, and even when i am going to take another rifle, some guys in our camp ask me to make sure that i bring it and they use it. its become the camp go to gun. It gets around more than my ex wife!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
And THAT is saying something.....

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K

I recently saw they dropped all LH American models except the predator. Strange

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi

I recently saw they dropped all LH American models except the predator. Strange

That sucks. I hope I like the Predator then.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by admin100
BSA, I have the American in a Creed, and even when i am going to take another rifle, some guys in our camp ask me to make sure that i bring it and they use it. its become the camp go to gun. It gets around more than my ex wife!

Ha ha.. grin The American's are a damn good gun for the money. As are the TC compass and Ventures... We are lucky in todays age where there are a lot of "budget" rifles that can damn near compete with customs in terms of accuracy... My hat goes off to these manufactures that are producing such rifles that easily shoot sub moa groups. The Bergara the OP bought is a $700.00 rifle, as is the Tikka T3X Superlite I just bought and damn nice rifles for the money. Yesterday, I was shooting my stevens 200 22-250 (that cost me $300.00) and my superlite side by side and damn if the Stevens is more accurate. I knew that was going to happen,as it's hard for any rifle to compete with the accuracy a good Savage rifle provides. Yet, I still really like the Tikka and appreciate it for what it is.. I'm not really the betting type, but I'd lay a $50.00 bill on the table and say an out of the box Savage trophy hunter with a good scope and mounting system would lay waste to the Tikka in terms of real world accuracy, and those are $489.00 (package deal with scope) at my LGS. If one is really looking for "best bang for the buck", I'd look there or maybe at the RAR or Compass. With that being said, I look forward to hearing more about the OP's Bergara, as that was one of the rifles on my list, when I was looking for a lighter 6.5 cm hunting rifle.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Wait, I was in Pittsburgh a few years ago. Tell your ex wife I said Hi... shocked laugh

[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Hahahaha.. will do!!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
BSA, Get this, she is actually the reason that i bought an American. I had some higher end guns, but had to sell some because of the divorce. Once i was on my feet again i couldn't afford the higher priced rifles anymore, and ended up purchasing the American. So as far as affordable accuracy, it really worked out for me.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BSA, Get this, she is actually the reason that i bought an American. I had some higher end guns, but had to sell some because of the divorce. Once i was on my feet again i couldn't afford the higher priced rifles anymore, and ended up purchasing the American. So as far as affordable accuracy, it really worked out for me.

One of my buddies shoots the RAR's religiously. He's tickled pink with them. It is also cool they offer a left handed version. Sorry to hear about your divorce. Glad to see you are back on your feet!!! Last month a LGS was advertising the Ruger American predator for $299.99. I damn near bought one in 6.5 cm...

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Thanks BSA, Things happen for a reason. If you get one, They shoot about every bullet that i have loaded for it. But i or the guys at camp have not had a deer move very far if at all, when they are hit with a 129 grain SST out of the Creed.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 57 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,984
Posts18,480,969
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.