Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Springcove
Elklayer I have learned something. You’re just another troll. FG is right. You guys are wasting your time conversing with this individual. Carry on though. It’s somewhat entertaining. Not much but some.

No, you haven't learned anything. I posted a link to twitter showing trump just lied about amnesty, and your I.Q. is so low, you were incapable of "learning" from facts.

That makes you stupid.

No, when a leader fights for something he promised to do, but cannot achieve his stated goal because of leftard open border idiots..well, that doesn't make the leader a liar in my book, Not trying, that would make him a liar.
Leftards are good at that game, they fought and fought Bush Sr. threatened to shut down the government, so Bush finally gave in on his "no new taxes" pledge. Then what did leftards do ib next election? They ran adds telling the public, "look, your guy lied to you".

Both Bushes were northeast libtards, masquerading as Republicans. Anyone with a brain knows it, and anyone with a brain knows they both violated the Constitutional rights of the citizens.

A real Constitutionalist patriot wouldn't compromise our rights, especially when they already have 100+ year old law on the books at their fingers to use to solve many of our problems. No permission or compromise needed with Congress.

41 talked about the NWO in his State of the Union. said, "We'll get there"....Treason

43 gave us NSA and Patriot ACT....Treason

You really want to go there?

Makes me sick I voted for them both, but what other choice did we have.

Did I say I was a fan of the Bush’s, dipshit?
What I said was leftards forced him to raise taxes, then used it against him, and to that you completely ignored and went off on a tangent in another direction.
Instead of addressing leftard dishonesty, you ran.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The public is being played, again, by a professional con artist, and they will never catch on…even though their government blatantly allows them to be financially stripped, through higher taxes, in the support of criminals…again

Reagan Amesty 2 incoming.

Making Amigos Great Again ™

Year after year. Presidential election after Presidential election…the American public swallows the lies from the biggest puppet show on the planet, produced and choreographed by the White House, and directed by the deep state.

No laws have to be passed…only existing laws enforced…Presidents take an oath to defend the country from invasion.

Allowing Mexico to enable this invasion is an Act Of War against the USA, unanswered and allowing them through into the U.S.A. is TREASON.

Treason skills, huh? Fuggg OFF!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
You learn all this over at democraticunderground? Why do you [bleep] keep coming here?

Because you all keep feeding him exactly what he wants.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
What rock did this bundle of pent up animosity jump out from under?

Rick's already banned him before.

Trumpster is who he is. No doubt.

Liberal troll. He hates Cruz and Trump both.

His poison is exactly the same. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/68487/trumpster

Shame he had to defile a good member's name here to spread his cancer.

Hope Rick whacks him again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What rock did this bundle of pent up animosity jump out from under?

Rick's already banned him before.

Trumpster is who he is. No doubt.

Liberal troll.

Shame he had to defile a good member's name here to spread his cancer.

Don't know anything about the OP, and really couldn't make a lot of sense about what he was getting at. The only thing I could agree with was that Trump hasn't gotten anything done on the issue of illegal immigration. You can point the finger at whoever you want to......Democrats, RINO's, Pelosi, McConnell, Ryan, Senate, House, Trump, doesn't make any difference, because he was the one who made it the focal point of his presidential campaign.

Yes, a federal judge may have ruled against him, yes, the Swamp might have rose up and revolted.......but action on illegal immigration should have been something he did as soon as he came in to office. Sure, he tried to put restrictions on people from certain countries, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Southern border with Mexico. That is where all these new Democrat voters and cheap Republican labor are coming from.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
trumps plan is just part of the 'art of the deal' he didn't offer anything permanent for daca just a 3 yr delay.

after that they may still go home. he's just tryin to use the government shutdown as leverage against the dems.

everything he gets in this deal is permanent ,everything they get is temporary .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
surprised I have not previously added elkslayer to the ignore list , Corrected that today

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
. The only thing I could agree with was that Trump hasn't gotten anything done on the issue of illegal immigration. You can point the finger at whoever you want to......Democrats, RINO's, Pelosi, McConnell, Ryan, Senate, House, Trump, doesn't make any difference, because he was the one who made it the focal point of his presidential campaign.

Yes, a federal judge may have ruled against him, yes, the Swamp might have rose up and revolted.......but action on illegal immigration should have been something he did as soon as he came in to office. Sure, he tried to put restrictions on people from certain countries, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Southern border with Mexico. That is where all these new Democrat voters and cheap Republican labor are coming from.

JJ,

Let me throw out an honest question or two. If you were Trump's shoes, what would you have done differently and how would you get it through Congress, either in the first 2 years or now? Next, let me point out he has not abandoned his fight. Just because he hasn't got the action he wants wants yet, doesn't mean he won't get it. We elect President's for a 4 year term. Are they "failures if they don't get 100% of what they campaigned on in the first 100 days?

Point is, a President isn't a dictator. In these times, it's not two to tango, but four. Yep, President has to dance with the House, the Senate, AND the courts. That makes things more complicated. So, what could he has done differently to get immigration agenda passed before now? Tell me how he was going to maneuver around Paul Ryan, John McCain, Jeff Flake, John Corker et. al.? Not to mention Schumer, Durbin, Pelosi, Harris, Schiff etc. I asking seriously because I don't see that there was a clear and clean path to it so far. "but action on illegal immigration should have been something he did as soon as he came in to office." Please tell me what and how. Thanks.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
. The only thing I could agree with was that Trump hasn't gotten anything done on the issue of illegal immigration. You can point the finger at whoever you want to......Democrats, RINO's, Pelosi, McConnell, Ryan, Senate, House, Trump, doesn't make any difference, because he was the one who made it the focal point of his presidential campaign.

JJ,

Let me throw out an honest question or two. If you were Trump's shoes, what would you have done differently and how would you get it through Congress, either in the first 2 years or now? Next, let me point out he has not abandoned his fight. Just because he hasn't got the action he wants wants yet, doesn't mean he won't get it. We elect President's for a 4 year term. Are they "failures if they don't get 100% of what they campaigned on in the first 100 days?

Point is, a President isn't a dictator. In these times, it's not two to tango, but four. Yep, President has to dance with the House, the Senate, AND the courts. That makes things more complicated. So, what could he has done differently to get immigration agenda passed before now? Tell me how he was going to maneuver around Paul Ryan, John McCain, Jeff Flake, John Corker et. al.? Not to mention Schumer, Durbin, Pelosi, Harris, Schiff etc. I asking seriously because I don't see that there was a clear and clean path to it so far. "but action on illegal immigration should have been something he did as soon as he came in to office." Please tell me what and how. Thanks.

Hatari i agree 100 %, people bitch`n about our President are just idiots !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

JJ,

Hatari, I'll answer you this way.......you are one of a select group of posters on here who do now want Trump criticized in way, shape, form, or fashion. A person cannot agree with Trump 99% of the time, they must do so 100% of the time, or else you don't like it. Y'all have set Trump apart from other presidents, about whom we could say what we wanted to, and it didn't matter. Not so with "The Donald," as he get's treated differently by you Trumpkins.

I have made myself perfectly clear on this, and will do so again........he made the campaign promise that he was going to do something about illegal immigration on the Mexican border and he has not. As far as I'm concerned, a man is only as good as his word.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JJ,

First of all, you have the wrong take on any support I give to Trump. My position is that Trump is the only thing between you and I, and total Leftist control. There is no one else in any position of power that coould keep Hillary, Nancy, Chuck and all their buddies from fundamentally making the US a Eurostyle socilaist state 100% by now. With that realization, and the fact that he is a target from the Right and the Left, I show some appreciation for what we have gotten out of him, and push back against the grumbling NeverNever Landers.

Your stance that .."he made the campaign promise that he was going to do something about illegal immigration on the Mexican border and he has not. As far as I'm concerned, a man is only as good as his word." doesn't tell me chitt. He's been working on it, is not getting any cooperation, but has not given up. That is not good enough for you. So, since you have labeled me a Trumpkin, I suppose that makes you a never satisified and unrealistic NeverTrumper, right?

All I want to know is where is the better the path to reach these objectives and then I can hammer Trump for not taking it. Show me the way.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[quote=JamesJr]. The only thing I could agree with was that Trump hasn't gotten anything done on the issue of illegal immigration. You can point the finger at whoever you want to......Democrats, RINO's, Pelosi, McConnell, Ryan, Senate, House, Trump, doesn't make any difference, because he was the one who made it the focal point of his presidential campaign.

JJ,

Hatari, I'll answer you this way.......you are one of a select group of posters on here who do now want Trump criticized in way, shape, form, or fashion. A person cannot agree with Trump 99% of the time, they must do so 100% of the time, or else you don't like it. Y'all have set Trump apart from other presidents, about whom we could say what we wanted to, and it didn't matter. Not so with "The Donald," as he get's treated differently by you Trumpkins.

I have made myself perfectly clear on this, and will do so again........he made the campaign promise that he was going to do something about illegal immigration on the Mexican border and he has not. As far as I'm concerned, a man is only as good as his word.
[/quote

I am going to go with james on this one...….what about fines for those who employ iilegals ?...….if he can shut down the border now...why not when we had the house? ……..I think he thought we would keep the house.....wrong move......don't get me wrong....I will vote for him again.....but just calling how I see it.....bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first 2 years of his presidency, he had a GOP majority in BOTH the House and the Senate. While it can be argued that some of those Republicans would never have supported him in any way, blame must also be put on him for going out of his way to pick fights with the ones he didn't like. I will repeat what I said.........he made it a campaign promise that he would fix the border, and he has not.......not until now, when he knows he's probably not going to get a wall funded.

Some of you evidently don't place as much emphasis on stopping illegal immigration as I do. But, when the day comes, and it surely will unless we get off our asses and do something about it, that the Hispanic voting base is what decides the outcome of national elections........voting for the Democrats, maybe you'll see the error of your ways then.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everything Hatari said about the difficulties Trump has with Congress, the Courts,etc is true.

So, what I questioned at the time he was making his promises, during the R primaries, was HOW was he going to overcome those difficulties. Either he was too ignorant to know what he would face, too arrogant to know his limitations, or believed we were naive enough to believe anything that sounded good.

The answers I got from this forum, and from him, was .....The Art of the Deal. He was supposed to be this great deal maker.

I have not read his book but if he claims you can insult a man into liking you.... he is mistaken. If you need something from someone, like he needs Congress, it is not good business to piss them off UNECCESSARILY just to feed your ego with applause from the bleacher seats.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are some things concerning Trump we will just have to agree to disagree about. Otherwise, I fully support most of his agenda, and am thankful that he is president and not Hillary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are some things concerning Trump we will just have to agree to disagree about. Otherwise, I fully support most of his agenda, and am thankful that he is president and not Hillary.

I do not have a problem with that at all. I appreciate that you think out your position. There are plenty of things that Trump does that make roll me eyes from time to time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Big Lie that Trump pulled off was that he was the only one who could beat Clinton. The brilliance of THAT lie was that if he didn’t get the R nomination, but the R candidate won the election, nobody would remember his lie. If another R got the nomination and lost the election, Trump could point to his Big Lie as being prophetic. If he got the nomination, regardless of whether he won the election, the Big Lie could never be proven wrong.

Now that he is being shown up as a mere mortal, not the Savior they were hoping for, people take comfort in his Big Lie as if they never had a choice except either him or Hillary.

Watching adults practicing self deception on a daily basis is not pleasant.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Everything Hatari said about the difficulties Trump has with Congress, the Courts,etc is true.

So, what I questioned at the time he was making his promises, during the R primaries, was HOW was he going to overcome those difficulties. Either he was too ignorant to know what he would face, too arrogant to know his limitations, or believed we were naive enough to believe anything that sounded good.

The answers I got from this forum, and from him, was .....The Art of the Deal. He was supposed to be this great deal maker.

I have not read his book but if he claims you can insult a man into liking you.... he is mistaken. If you need something from someone, like he needs Congress, it is not good business to piss them off UNECCESSARILY just to feed your ego with applause from the bleacher seats.

I think the answer to that question is multifaceted. In ANY election, the campaign promises all come with the understood caveat "that this is what I want to do if I get the support." We don't have dictators, and you need cooperation.

To go further on your question, it would have been logical to assume that if Trump was able to defeat Hillary and put the GOP in a majority position in the House and the Senate, that they would close ranks and follow his agenda. After all, that is what usually happens. Dems are good at that. As soon as they assume power, they dusk off their agenda that they have on the shelf and start pushing as much of it as they can. It was logical to assume that Ryan and McConnell would have all the votes and Trump could power out things like the border in a short time.

Next, no one saw the level of resistance and obstruction that the Dems were willing to mount immediately. Usually, the opposition Party will give the new President a grace period, and try to work out some horse trades and compromises to save a little of their face and agenda while the new Prez gets a good portion of what he wants. Because of the fight on the SCOTUS, the Dems started this Resist and Obstruct stuff BEFORE Trump was even inaugurated. This is unprecedented. There is no way Trump could have seen this coming, and then there is the #NEVERTRUMPERS in his own Party. Who would have believed that McCain, Corker, Flake would be outright hostile to the new President? Who would have believed that Ryan would refuse to work earnestly with the new President on common goals. After all, how many Obamacare repeals did Ryan oversee in the previous Congress?

So to boil this down:

- Campaign promises come with the understanding that this is what the agenda will be IF they get cooperation. If you won't accept that, then you will never really understand the realities of politics.
- Nobody could have predicted the hostility and obstructionism that not only the Dems, but member of his own party would throw up against him.

As far as working with Congress, I'd say he has better Senate now with McCain, Flake and Corker gone, He has a Senate that he can count on better to support his agenda. IN THE LONG RUN, he may make the House better. By printout 43± GOP candidates that didn't run for re-election, he has the chance to retake the House in 2020 with number that will back his agenda, and Ryan/McCain GOP Lite candidates. The Dems won the house by taking these District with a slim 1-2 victory margin with their 100% max effort of time, money, and voter mobilization in an off year election which always favors the Party out of power. It is not a stretch of the imagination to see enough of those Districts swing back in 2020 to regain control. I know my District is one of those. My District went to Tom Price (R) by 21 points in 2016, and just went to an unknown Dem by 2%. There are other such seats out there that will be retaken, and likely not by RINOS.

Last, who says the fight is over? What if it takes Trump 6 years to get his wall? That's not a failure, that's persistence. What if we on the Right have to allow the Dems to go berserk and show their asses for the next two years to retake the House and then have another, BETTER shot at pushing Trump's agenda. Failure? Not hardly. Think strategically and longer term sometimes.

Same as looking at the electoral college. Some are convinced as soon as Florida turns Red, the GOP will never win another Presidential election. What if the GOP trades Florida for the entire Rust Belt? It can happen. I watched the Deep South go from 100% Dem for 100+ years to solidily GOP in a decade. Same can happen in the Rust Belt. It will take some work and the right candidates, but we saw it in 2016.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I think the answer to that question is multifaceted. In ANY election, the campaign promises all come with the understood caveat "that this is what I want to do if I get the support." We don't have dictators, and you need cooperation.

To go further on your question, it would have been logical to assume that if Trump was able to defeat Hillary and put the GOP in a majority position in the House and the Senate, that they would close ranks and follow his agenda. After all, that is what usually happens. Dems are good at that. As soon as they assume power, they dusk off their agenda that they have on the shelf and start pushing as much of it as they can. It was logical to assume that Ryan and McConnell would have all the votes and Trump could power out things like the border in a short time.

Next, no one saw the level of resistance and obstruction that the Dems were willing to mount immediately. Usually, the opposition Party will give the new President a grace period, and try to work out some horse trades and compromises to save a little of their face and agenda while the new Prez gets a good portion of what he wants. Because of the fight on the SCOTUS, the Dems started this Resist and Obstruct stuff BEFORE Trump was even inaugurated. This is unprecedented. There is no way Trump could have seen this coming, and then there is the #NEVERTRUMPERS in his own Party. Who would have believed that McCain, Corker, Flake would be outright hostile to the new President? Who would have believed that Ryan would refuse to work earnestly with the new President on common goals. After all, how many Obamacare repeals did Ryan oversee in the previous Congress?

So to boil this down:

- Campaign promises come with the understanding that this is what the agenda will be IF they get cooperation. If you won't accept that, then you will never really understand the realities of politics.
- Nobody could have predicted the hostility and obstructionism that not only the Dems, but member of his own party would throw up against him.

As far as working with Congress, I'd say he has better Senate now with McCain, Flake and Corker gone, He has a Senate that he can count on better to support his agenda. IN THE LONG RUN, he may make the House better. By printout 43± GOP candidates that didn't run for re-election, he has the chance to retake the House in 2020 with number that will back his agenda, and Ryan/McCain GOP Lite candidates. The Dems won the house by taking these District with a slim 1-2 victory margin with their 100% max effort of time, money, and voter mobilization in an off year election which always favors the Party out of power. It is not a stretch of the imagination to see enough of those Districts swing back in 2020 to regain control. I know my District is one of those. My District went to Tom Price (R) by 21 points in 2016, and just went to an unknown Dem by 2%. There are other such seats out there that will be retaken, and likely not by RINOS.

Last, who says the fight is over? What if it takes Trump 6 years to get his wall? That's not a failure, that's persistence. What if we on the Right have to allow the Dems to go berserk and show their asses for the next two years to retake the House and then have another, BETTER shot at pushing Trump's agenda. Failure? Not hardly. Think strategically and longer term sometimes.

Same as looking at the electoral college. Some are convinced as soon as Florida turns Red, the GOP will never win another Presidential election. What if the GOP trades Florida for the entire Rust Belt? It can happen. I watched the Deep South go from 100% Dem for 100+ years to solidily GOP in a decade. Same can happen in the Rust Belt. It will take some work and the right candidates, but we saw it in 2016.

^^^^^^^^^^^
grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks to whoever said he was Trumpsters sock puppet. It all makes sense now. What a nut.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 345dl, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.