J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DarlaG
jahrs,

Tell your lady to PM me & I'll give her a KILLER recipe for cornbread that is at least 150 years old, out of Mississippi. - It's been made in my husband's family since before the 1860s.

Sincerely, DarlaG

Thank you kindly Darla - Tex

my wife doesn’t PM but ill gladly give her the recipe if you will PM me.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Seasoning aside isn't the proper cleaning just a wet towel?

I use a very coarse SS scour pad and running water. Then coat with some grape seed oil and heat tiil it just starts to smoke. My eggs slide right out. I'm not saying its the beast way, but it works for me. If stuff gets burned on, a simmer with water loosens it up and I scour with the same pad using tongs to hold it into the hot water.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Stripped clean, apply very thin coats of flaxseed oil. Place pan upside down in oven for 45 minutes at 450. Let cool off without opening door. Do this 5-7 times.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You have to add to the season with each use. After initial seasoning, you have to add to it each time you cook. Wash it lightly with hot water and a brush (no soap, of course), then rinse with cool water. Then wipe. Now apply about a quarter teaspoon of bacon grease to a paper towel and wipe the whole cooking surface down with it. Now onto the stove at max flame for a little over two minutes, till it starts to smoke. Now take it off. Do this every time and you will not lose season.

Gonna give these a shot, could just be the ticket.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Grab some Pop Corn and get comfortable.....there's no shortage of self proclaimed experts on the fire'.

Including you?

Nope...I ain't saying a word even though I have a pile of CI and have zero problems with any of it.

All Good FG. I know you know CI.

smile Mama wasn't an expert at anything but whipping your ass with a thong but she did mention Lard a time or two. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grab some Pop Corn and get comfortable.....there's no shortage of self proclaimed experts on the fire'.

Including you?

Nope...I ain't saying a word even though I have a pile of CI and have zero problems with any of it.

All Good FG. I know you know CI.

smile Mama wasn't an expert at anything but whipping your ass with a thong but she did mention Lard a time or two. wink

I think your momma and my momma may have been friends? Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lards good too. I just like flaxseed now..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Frying pan fight LOL.
It must be A full moon?

Worked with a guy that claimed his wife had knocked him out with a frying pan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never seasoned any iron or steel pans or woks. Just cook in it, and that's it. If it needs cleaning, tepid water with a brush or a bronze wool scrubby thingy (the redhead uses them, and they have kind of grown on me). Then dried with a paper towel, a little oil rubbed in to prevent rust, and put away.

This turn three times to the left, six times in the oven during the third new moon of the lunar year, using albino dolphin oil mixed with virgin squirrel nuts stuff is cool and stuff, but well, stupid.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven’t tried it yet but it was recommended by a friend to use Avocado oil. It has a smoking temp of 520.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
Never seasoned any iron or steel pans or woks. Just cook in it, and that's it. If it needs cleaning, tepid water with a brush or a bronze wool scrubby thingy (the redhead uses them, and they have kind of grown on me). Then dried with a paper towel, a little oil rubbed in to prevent rust, and put away.

This turn three times to the left, six times in the oven during the third new moon of the lunar year, using albino dolphin oil mixed with virgin squirrel nuts stuff is cool and stuff, but well, stupid.

You should try Teflon.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Avocados are for pussies.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thought you farmed 🥑?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
We raise the northern variety.

Its called kidney fat.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You should try Teflon.

F&*# teflon. Fried eggs and omelets slide out of the steel pan slicker than snot every morning. The ex always bought the latest greatest non stick advertised, none of it lasts or works worth a fig. A $8 mild steel frying pan, taken care of, works better. Even when you don't season it chanting Armenian traditional tribal ballads at 357.345 degrees for precisely 12 minutes and 13 seconds in a wood oven burning hickory dried for two and half seasons....

But you can if it makes you feel special.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You should try Teflon.

F&*# teflon. Fried eggs and omelets slide out of the steel pan slicker than snot every morning. The ex always bought the latest greatest non stick advertised, none of it lasts or works worth a fig. A $8 mild steel frying pan, taken care of, works better. Even when you don't season it chanting Armenian traditional tribal ballads at 357.345 degrees for precisely 12 minutes and 13 seconds in a wood oven burning hickory dried for two and half seasons....

But you can if it makes you feel special.....

HAHAHAHA! You’re FOS. But that’s ok. You’re not alone here...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ceramic pans for fried eggs, nothing compares.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The seasoning is the carbon build up with use... wash, I never wash mine unless I have to. Just wipe clean, spray with PAM and put it away ( I keep what I use often in the oven). If you cook something in it that removes the seasoning finish (and there is a lot that will), put the rubber gloves on and scrub with one of those green nylon type Scotch-Brite pads with water just as hot as you can get it, immediately wiping off and put on a full blown flame on top the stove. When good and hot (making sure it is good and dry) wipe down with a slab of bacon or spray with a can of PAM, put in a hot oven for 1/2 hour. Let cool and put away (in my case just turning off the oven)..

Never use soap, and always pre-heat before use.

Not a speck of rust on any of mine... and unlike what some say as to not using cast iron to cook certain foods, that's bunk.

Phil

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
We clean ours with a balled up piece of foil, wipe out the cornbread crumbs with a dry cloth and put it away

Never any stickage

Hah,

now I know why you are like you is.

It's not just that TN water

It be the 'loom'num residoos y'all gettin in your grub.

that loom'num be sum bad joojoo I tells ya.

ol' dry corncobs, or a piney cone works best fer scrubbin' out the burnt stuff.

an ya don't get no loom'num particles goin' to your junk and brain neether.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah but he layed off the antiperspirant to even things out.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.