-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have zero sympathy for the Oswald family. Wife and kid should have gone back to mother russia. Screw 'em

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Setup...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Shot a Kennedy?

I call that being ahead of your time!

(joke font. Please don't arrest me)

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Things sure went to hell for several years after Kennedy was shot. Not that I'm a big fan of his.

But I wonder if the Vietnam war escalation and the resultant turmoil of the 60's would have occurred if he hadn't been.

Seems to me that there's a big possibility that his death changed the course of the nation pretty significantly.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Too bad idiots poisoned the kids dogs and taunted them.

Sickening to say the least.

The wife and kids should have had more help than they knew what to do with.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Her life has been interesting to say the least. Every year more and more people die that remember his tragic death. He had just passed where I was standing with the other straight A students that got to see the parade. We were on the way to the bus when word spread through the crowd. It seems like yesterday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Shot a Kennedy?

I call that being ahead of your time!

(joke font. Please don't arrest me)

No, that's not funny.

The truth usually isn't.

I bet the JFK of 1963 would blow a gasket over his party today.
But that begs a question,
If he had lived, would he have devolved into what the Dems are now,
Or would he have been an influence that kept them on track?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Things sure went to hell for several years after Kennedy was shot. Not that I'm a big fan of his.

But I wonder if the Vietnam war escalation and the resultant turmoil of the 60's would have occurred if he hadn't been.

Seems to me that there's a big possibility that his death changed the course of the nation pretty significantly.

This.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I don't know the truth, and neither will any of us. I will say after visiting the book depository and taking the tour, you could have thrown a [bleep] bag of flower out the window and killed the president. The car was stopped. Right under the window. Making the left. Could have thrown a rock and killed him. Shot him with a 38 special. Why anyone waiting for a very tough shot is beyond me.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
I don't know the truth, and neither will any of us. I will say after visiting the book depository and taking the tour, you could have thrown a [bleep] bag of flower out the window and killed the president. The car was stopped. Right under the window. Making the left. Could have thrown a rock and killed him. Shot him with a 38 special. Why anyone waiting for a very tough shot is beyond me.

Because he would have to lean halfway out the window to shoot straight down and have been visible to all the secret service and cops. It was an 88 yard shot. It was not “very tough”.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Was just in Dallas Saturday. Went to the exact spot. An X painted on the roadway. Whole area much closer and smaller than I thought it would be.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

No, that's not funny.

The truth usually isn't.

I bet the JFK of 1963 would blow a gasket over his party today.
But that begs a question,
If he had lived, would he have devolved into what the Dems are now,
Or would he have been an influence that kept them on track?

Well, it's pretty well documented he opposed integration until his brother and others gave their analysis.

He also didn't want MLK anywhere near him or his staff, until the size of the crowds were affirmed.

What does that tell us?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for posting.
When I worked that movie job, I came to know the gal the movie was written about pretty well, being we were both from the same town. Hollywood is so [bleep] up, they always think the audience would rather have their embellishments than the real truth. She was supposed to have a say in the final script, but in the end they screwed her and did what they wanted..much like Oswald explains, they just make schitt up that never happened, and do what they want regardless of what the real subject wants

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
His own guard shot him by accident.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Which is another reason that to this day I still can't believe the president of the U.S. was allowed to ride through a city, any city, in an open convertible. Seems as if the rest of the world learned their lesson on that back in 1914 with Archduke Ferdinand.

A secret serviceman was supposed to be standing on rear of the car (bumper or step) but allegedly Kennedy waved him off as he wanted to be seen by as many as possible.

That one little decision.......

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by scottf270
Was just in Dallas Saturday. Went to the exact spot. An X painted on the roadway. Whole area much closer and smaller than I thought it would be.

The closeness of everything and the lack of acreage in the plaza makes a lot of these theories ludicrous.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by scottf270

The closeness of everything and the lack of acreage in the plaza makes a lot of these theories ludicrous.

Oh yeah? wait till jaguartx finds this thread.....

Juat drove by it on the way to the airport on Sunday. I was in the back seat with my wife and I ducked as we passed the window. She slugged me and called me insensitive..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Which is another reason that to this day I still can't believe the president of the U.S. was allowed to ride through a city, any city, in an open convertible. Seems as if the rest of the world learned their lesson on that back in 1914 with Archduke Ferdinand.

A secret serviceman was supposed to be standing on rear of the car (bumper or step) but allegedly Kennedy waved him off as he wanted to be seen by as many as possible.

That one little decision.......

kenjs1,

"------ for the want of a nail, "

yours, tex

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From m the history I have read, it was Kenedy’s call to ride with the top down, kind of works against a consificy theory.??
If there was a conspiracy, how could they have planned for the top down? I think Oswald just got lucky

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Barkoff
From m the history I have read, it was Kenedy’s call to ride with the top down, kind of works against a consificy theory.??
If there was a conspiracy, how could they have planned for the top down? I think Oswald just got lucky

That’s a myth.

There wasn’t an ounce of protection on that vehicle. They were built for show and nothing else.

The transparent tops were for inclement weather. JFK wouldn’t have been asked schit that morning. It was a beautiful day.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (16penny, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 163bc, 54 invisible), 1,885 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,869
Posts18,497,528
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.