Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've all ways thought Henry's theory to have relevance on whether the actual assination happen the way we've been told all our lives. " one would have to have brain cancer to have picked a 6.5 Carcano with a cheap scope to hit moving targets at that distance" fast work with a good bolt and scope moving at that distance maybe but a cheap clunker? With the precision of a world class marksman? Still don't believe it went down the way they said it did, lying bastards. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I've all ways thought Henry's theory to have relevance on whether the actual assination happen the way we've been told all our lives. " one would have to have brain cancer to have picked a 6.5 Carcano with a cheap scope to hit moving targets at that distance" fast work with a good bolt and scope moving at that distance maybe but a cheap clunker? With the precision of a world class marksman? Still don't believe it went down the way they said it did, lying bastards. MB

Hitting a target a little bigger than a cantaloupe one out of three tries at 88 yards is world class precision?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Which is another reason that to this day I still can't believe the president of the U.S. was allowed to ride through a city, any city, in an open convertible. Seems as if the rest of the world learned their lesson on that back in 1914 with Archduke Ferdinand.

A secret serviceman was supposed to be standing on rear of the car (bumper or step) but allegedly Kennedy waved him off as he wanted to be seen by as many as possible.

That one little decision.......

That is also a myth. Agents stayed on or off the steps as speed and crowds dictated.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Not widely known but "Carcano" is Italian for "Creedmore". Kennedy never stood a chance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by scottf270
Was just in Dallas Saturday. Went to the exact spot. An X painted on the roadway. Whole area much closer and smaller than I thought it would be.

My sister lives in Dallas, and she took me there. The museum is pretty nice, and like Scott said, it is pretty amazing how close the shot was. The whole area is a lot smaller standing there as compared to watching it on TV. I went again with a guy from work a few years after that because we were at a conference and needed something to see. Again a was impressed how small it was.

If I was Oswald and wanted to gun down an important official, I would have bought the M1 Garand shown in the same ad he bought the Carcano. He was a Marine, and the M1 was his soulmate. Anyway the Garand thing was always fishy to me, but I think he was a nut so I guess he did not make the obvious choice.

The killing did alter history a lot. I'm guessing Johnson does not get a chance to play into VN, and Nixon's future would not be watergate. No Carter, no Ford.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Moving Joe Bob, he hit Texas Governor Connally also. In damn short time period at the last moment a shot was possible before the car was out of his sight. I'll stand on what I first said. I've handled Carcano's and they are a POS. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
If LHO was the lone shooter, what possible reason would the Warren Commission have to lock up their findings for 50 years? And now that 50 years have passed, why hasn't DJT released the findings? Because LHO was nothing more than a feckless patsy.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Moving Joe Bob, he hit Texas Governor Connally also. In damn short time period at the last moment a shot was possible before the car was out of his sight. I'll stand on what I first said. I've handled Carcano's and they are a POS. MB

I own a couple and they ain’t that bad. They’re pretty comparable to everything else for the era.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Terryk
Originally Posted by scottf270
Was just in Dallas Saturday. Went to the exact spot. An X painted on the roadway. Whole area much closer and smaller than I thought it would be.

My sister lives in Dallas, and she took me there. The museum is pretty nice, and like Scott said, it is pretty amazing how close the shot was. The whole area is a lot smaller standing there as compared to watching it on TV. I went again with a guy from work a few years after that because we were at a conference and needed something to see. Again a was impressed how small it was.

If I was Oswald and wanted to gun down an important official, I would have bought the M1 Garand shown in the same ad he bought the Carcano. He was a Marine, and the M1 was his soulmate. Anyway the Garand thing was always fishy to me, but I think he was a nut so I guess he did not make the obvious choice.

The killing did alter history a lot. I'm guessing Johnson does not get a chance to play into VN, and Nixon's future would not be watergate. No Carter, no Ford.

Oswald was dirt poor and the Carcano was about the cheapest thing you could get.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Making that shot with a WWII Carcano--under 100 yards, slow moving vehicle--would have been duck soup.

We know Oswald did it. Anyone who thinks there was some conspiracy would have to explain why any conspirators would have let a nut flake like Oswald in on it at all, not even arranging for him to escape after the deed.

Oswald did it alone.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
What if Oswald was a patsy?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well, since to detractors a Carcano is so inferior as to make the shot improbable if not impossible, then the first thing they could have done with a patsy is arm him with a more believable rifle.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know that Oswald wasn't part of a conspiracy but the non-stop hand wringing over distance, difficulty, and inferiority of a chose weapon is absolute fugking nonsense.

Not only is it feasible, it's not even difficult for anyone that shoots much.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Back and to the left."

That head shot wasn't from the book repository. There was more than one shooter.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Morewood
"Back and to the left."

That head shot wasn't from the book repository. There was more than one shooter.

Have you been there?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Back and to the left."

Oh brother.

Go kill some schit and get back to us.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Could someone please list the evidence against Mr Oswald?

To include who actually provided said evidence.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did Oswald get his job at the book depository before or after they announced the motorcade route?
If it’s true the route was only announced days before, that was a pretty good hunch by the conspirators.
What about the shot Oswald took at the General, why would they allow him to do that?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
No

It’s too small. If there had been a [bleep] from somewhere else, there would be no doubt.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,937
Posts18,498,866
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.