Campfire Outfitter
J
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I am. It’s called math.

Would you consider it a recoiless Death Ray?

I don’t know. I mean puzzies think that a 30-06 recoils a lot, so I suppose it is all subjective based on the tenderness of your vagina.

You must have a raw one then.

You sure said that a .270 leaves you black and blue, but a 30-06 had no recoil.

LOL.

Actually, I said the 700 ADL in a wood stock. But yes, you are correct, the 30-06 has neglie recoil.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Math can’t compensate for lack of experience.

But feel free to spend your money on it.

You’re right. I never saw the need for a .300 Blackout.

.300 Blackout was another round developed to get around another stupid law requiring .240 or .250 caliber minimums...

Just remember 24/7/365... THE GOVERNMENT LOVES YOU... and keeps you safe with all these vitally important laws.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm not sure about all the butt hurt about things. Lashing out at everyone that uses something you don't seems pretty damned adolescent to me. The 350 legend wouldn't be my cup o tea but if it helps someone then good. Companies have to make money and new loadings has always been good for business. If it helps those brothers that hunt in states that only allow stuff like that then its really good. The AR is a good platform and is wildly popular. At present they can be made to shoot very well for those that know how to drive them.

To my way of thinking there really isn't any viable reason to put down anyone that shoots. Some people like to hunt with cartridges that were obsolete with the advent of smokeless powder but they are still as deadly as they were when they were popular so good on them. We're all in the same boat so why fight amongst ourselves. The enemy isn't us or at least shouldn't be.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's go back in time to the original question or problem, if you will.

Ohio and Michigan.. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
The enemy isn't us or at least shouldn't be.

You're very correct.

I'm all for anything someone wants to use. It's called freedom.

Ignorant Fudds will throw anyone under the bus that doesn't think like they do. There are definite traitors among our own ranks.

Their very utterances can and will be used against us. The Anti's peruse this, and all other sites to find just the right cherries to pick. They use our posts against us, they use our pictures against us. They use anything they can to push their own cart down the road.

It's time we understood that and showed some unity.

It's better now than it used to be, but we still have work to do.

Another area of idiocy is some state Game Dept's or Commissions. They regulate the hell out of hunting.

You would think that some Einstein would click to the fact that to keep hunting alive and interesting to upcoming generations, they should be encouraging them instead of restricting them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
. . . Umm...

Not trying to be confrontational here, but you did indeed offer the abridged version of what he said.

I reposted what he wrote just for the convenience of others who may never have heard of him or his (highlighted) ignorant personal opinions. Like I said, none of that applies to me. My exposure and use of ARs is strictly limited to the Marine Corps and for me, they are useful today only as a personal defense weapon, not a hunting rifle I would carry to the field. I would simply feel a little bit like an important, self conscious "Barney Fife" carrying a military rifle out in the woods. Just my personal opinion. To each his own.

What do you feel is acceptable and fashionable to take hunting?

Well skinny jeans, t-shirt with the tribal art, monster energy flatbilled hat... and my uncle joe double barreled shotgun..

Last edited by 79S; 01/23/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Just what the shooting/hunting world needs😚.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally a cartridge adequate enough for the zombie invasion.. can't wait to get my hands on hornady zombie killing ammo..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rainshot
The enemy isn't us or at least shouldn't be.

You're very correct.

I'm all for anything someone wants to use. It's called freedom.

Ignorant Fudds will throw anyone under the bus that doesn't think like they do. There are definite traitors among our own ranks.

Their very utterances can and will be used against us. The Anti's peruse this, and all other sites to find just the right cherries to pick. They use our posts against us, they use our pictures against us. They use anything they can to push their own cart down the road.

It's time we understood that and showed some unity.

It's better now than it used to be, but we still have work to do.

Another area of idiocy is some state Game Dept's or Commissions. They regulate the hell out of hunting.

You would think that some Einstein would click to the fact that to keep hunting alive and interesting to upcoming generations, they should be encouraging them instead of restricting them.

Indeed correct... 350 Legend or our version (.358 Macho (that was a joke BTW))... are a fantastic idea for certain new shooters (that have not learned recoil management yet), as well as ladies and teens etc.

I swear... some days this site is nothing but menopausal mother-in-law nags... pretending to love guns

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/23/19. Reason: Typos... as always

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
DOA.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

And Iowa, damn it! Don't forget Iowa!
laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Jeez Jeff, you gonna beat that dead horse till it's mummified?
The old man was, just that an old man. He was wrong to advocate magazine limits.
Not everyone gets it completely.

He did a whole lot of good for our sport by inventing and producing durable reliable affordable guns to the public.

I'll step off my soap box now

I enjoy myself. Even if I did buy a new Ruger about 2 years ago. LOL. Everytime I think of that old plucker I get pissed off.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Delaware is a straight case state too

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

How many of you would like this new round if it were chambered in the AR platform?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

How many of you would like this new round if it were chambered in the AR platform?

All I'd use it for would be to rig up Wife with another little house gun, .355" 180gr gas check hard cast.

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jwp475

I'm sure there will be barreled uppers out by summer. I'll get one. I've always liked this power range for Whitetails in Georgia. Swamp bottom, pine thickets and oak grove shooting inside 200 yards.

Always kept a .357 Mag carbine for this purpose, whether a Marlin, Henry or H&R single shot. Been wanting to try a .357 Rem Maximum for years in a T/C Carbine.

Well now hear it is...

I'd even get a Winchester XPR Hunter Compact 20" barrel, should be a sweet little deer rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. . .
But, I bet if you came down here for a weekend, I could change your mind about them. smile

I pretty much hunt exclusively with an AR now.

Their accuracy got my attention first. So I bought one, and learned how to use it. Still accurate as any bolt rifle I have... But, when calling coyotes and you have 8 or more coyotes coming in at one time on a stand, it's nice to concentrate on just shooting as many as you can (with aimed fire just like a bolt rifle), but without working the bolt, removing the rifle from your shoulder, and reloading.

Pretty nice to have when hog hunting as well. wink

Granted, 95% of my hunting resulting in dead animals only takes one shot. But the extras in the mag are nice to have just in case.

Not to mention having a rifle for self defense that you are used to shooting, know where it hits, and are familiar with.

I can see your point with varmints. Makes sense.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As far as a defense round, I wonder what a 158 grain xtp would do at that velocity.

Last edited by Armednfree; 01/23/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by local_dirt

And Iowa, damn it! Don't forget Iowa!
laugh

smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Jeez Jeff, you gonna beat that dead horse till it's mummified?
The old man was, just that an old man. He was wrong to advocate magazine limits.
Not everyone gets it completely.

He did a whole lot of good for our sport by inventing and producing durable reliable affordable guns to the public.

I'll step off my soap box now

I enjoy myself. Even if I did buy a new Ruger about 2 years ago. LOL. Everytime I think of that old plucker I get pissed off.

Well, just miss yer toes when yer pissin' and you'll be fine.
Old Bill pissed me off too, but I can't take it out on the current company.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 160user, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 27 invisible), 1,854 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.