Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 46 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 45 46
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
It was 75 today....made my armpits sweaty......turned the AC on for the ride home.

CA boys are sissys....

Ha ha.. geez, it probably wasnt even windy either. Ask 79s what its like here in the gorge. They dont call it the wind surfing capitol for nothing. laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
It was 75 today....made my armpits sweaty......turned the AC on for the ride home.

CA boys are sissys....

Ha ha.. geez, it probably wasnt even windy either. Ask 79s what its like here in the gorge. They dont call it the wind surfers capitol for nothing. laugh

Oh damn I remember driving from boardman to the Dalles that wind was horrible. This was in a old square nose Chevy too.. probably got 2 mpg that night lol...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

CA boys are sissys....

Ha ha.. geez, it probably wasnt even windy either. Ask 79s what its like here in the gorge. They dont call it the wind surfers capitol for nothing. laugh

Oh damn I remember driving from boardman to the Dalles that wind was horrible. This was in a old square nose Chevy too.. probably got 2 mpg that night lol...

Ha ha. Right. I believe it. I remember having to drop down 2 gears in my 83 4x4 yota, fighting the headwind on 84. Theres a reason i write "windy" on my targets. I have a general rule though. When the wind blows my 35 pound target stand over for the 3rd time, i pack it up and go home sick . I know everyone else has to deal with the wind too, but its maddening here sometimes.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

We get our fair share of the elements.

Entire crew got sick. Had to head back to port early.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

We get our fair share of the elements.

Entire crew got sick. Had to head back to port early.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Still tryin to scrub the ghey offa the boat

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha. Looks like fun.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'm a little embarrassed my groups were so off center too, I moved the scope four clicks left after the first group was fired, didn't want to be off paper for the second, after season, I had the rifle out of the stock for cleaning and a few scope screws were removed, cleaned and reinstalled because of rust, I got that rifle really wet a few times last year, all metal is cerakoted though, guess 'Smith didn't want to do the scope screws. blush

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good shooting nonetheless gunner. My remarks about m1919 were not pointed toward you my friend. I have a lot of groups off the bullseye. Especially as of lately working with load development on some of my new rifles. I'm getting ready to head out and shoot with a buddy. I loaded up some 7WSM and 7mm08 last night. I sure like that big game powder for just dropping loads from the powder measure. It makes loading so much faster. After prepping and priming 160 pcs of brass from the other day of shooting both my creeds, my 22-250 and my 7WSM, I was getting a little tired of loading... sick

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good luck bsa....keep on shooting. You've posted up some very respectable groups with a variety of wares. Keep the thread going!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nice job Gunner. Centered or not, those were great groups!

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No offense taken Buddy, should have checked it first, blasted the two foulers off in the pond bank the day before, guess I got too many guns ; ] and Thanks m1919, same to you, beautiful shooting.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good luck bsa....keep on shooting. You've posted up some very respectable groups with a variety of wares. Keep the thread going!

Thanks my friend!! I'm not submitting this target, but just showing how consistent the Tikka is shooting and finally worked up a load for it today.
It was foggy as fu ck, and I could barely see the orange dot on the first group on the left, by the way, the target stand you see to the left is not mine. My buddy was dialing in his new scope on his new 204 Ruger. That target stand was set at 50 yards, you can't see mine through all the fog in the pic:

[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Rifle, that you've all seen before:
[Linked Image]
That pic was taken after firing off the first 10 shots. 10 more to go in the green box...

Now to show you guys what first time load development with H4350 looks like for this rifle. Keep in mind, I've been shooting my Savage 12fv load and some good loads thrown together with Big game powder. I cheated and used some BR2 prmers for the load development with H4350 powder. It appears to like 1 gran less powder than the Savage, and my a big margin. I hope to shoot some of these loads again in this challenge. I have a feeling it will get me into the sub moa range:
[Linked Image]

I also let my buddy Mark shoot 5 shots to confirm it is a good load:
[Linked Image]

This Tikka looks damn promising.. I'll keep at it and post an official target next weekend. I hope!!!!!!

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks my friend!! I'm not submitting this target, but just showing how consistent the Tikka is shooting and finally worked up a load for it today.
It was foggy as fu ck, and I could barely see the orange dot on the first group on the left, by the way, the target stand you see to the left is not mine. My buddy was dialing in his new scope on his new 204 Ruger. That target stand was set at 50 yards, you can't see mine through all the fog in the pic:

[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Rifle, that you've all seen before:
[Linked Image]
That pic was taken after firing off the first 10 shots. 10 more to go in the green box...

Now to show you guys what first time load development with H4350 looks like for this rifle. Keep in mind, I've been shooting my Savage 12fv load and some good loads thrown together with Big game powder. I cheated and used some BR2 prmers for the load development with H4350 powder. It appears to like 1 gran less powder than the Savage, and my a big margin. I hope to shoot some of these loads again in this challenge. I have a feeling it will get me into the sub moa range:
[Linked Image]

I also let my buddy Mark shoot 5 shots to confirm it is a good load:
[Linked Image]

This Tikka looks damn promising.. I'll keep at it and post an official target next weekend. I hope!!!!!!

Try imr4350, when I had a 6.5 cm I tried all the 4350's and Imr was the winner. Not saying your h4350 load is not a winner. Believe it or not I never had much luck with biggame.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sounds like a good suggestion. IMR 4350 is one of my go to powders in some rifles.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Really good shooting, despite those chit conditions BSA, well done! smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'd get that 16X boxed up and sent off, bet those hands an get her squared up and back to ya in a couple weeks.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'd get that 16X boxed up and sent off, bet those hands an get her squared up and back to ya in a couple weeks.

That would be awesome. I really like that damn scope. Just checked my email and Skyler said they can promptly address that under warranty. Excellent!! Im going to pull my zero stop shims and send it in. Ill just shoot my Tikka in the meantime. grin, while the savage is out of commission..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
GREAT news, and ya, aint like you don't have 30 other scopes to peer through in the meantime. laugh

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
GREAT news, and ya, aint like you don't have 30 other scopes to peer through in the meantime. laugh

grin whistle

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Alright Wareagle, BSA and TWR, you guys need to think up some more contest challenges we can shoot. smile

Trump Won!
Page 19 of 46 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,378
Posts18,506,636
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.