Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Valsdad; All,

I type to suit me & nobody else. - As far as I know, nobody here has been appointed as "the official monitor" of any other member's posts.
Everyone might also consider the old saying that, "If you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all."

Fyi, my dissertation committee said that my writing style was "somewhat eccentric but perfectly acceptable", so I'd guess that my writing is "OK".
(If you are actually bothered by my "admittedly odd" style & also fail to comment solely "on content", I suggest that you just "scroll on by". - I promise that I wont be offended by you not reading anything that I write.)

Fyi, it's been my experience that old grad school prof was 100% correct, when he said, "Those who seem to be led to make comments on "form", fail to make cogent comments on "content" generally have little of merit to contribute to the conversation. If their comments also fail to illustrate "critical thought", intelligent & educated persons would do well to ignore their inane complaints."

just my opinions, tex

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Have you ever jogged up and down the Grand Canyon with Boy scouts?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by SandBilly
JaguarTX is kind of a “dark phase” Jag

grin

I've HEARD there was one in his woodpile somewhere... laugh

Lol, you two fuqkers are in trouble now!!

Ok, clowns. I was pretty dayomned nervous opening the envelope from 23 And Moi.

Ha, PTL, not even a smidgeon of a speck. Hahaha. Screw you bastids. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
DarlaG your writing style is less than desirable. I think it’s more like what my low incidence kids would write. All anyone has asked you for is proof to your outlandish statements and stop deflecting answering questions.

I have had a friend in the military as well. He can show proof of his statements...even classified stuff to a point.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DarlaG
"admittedly odd"

No frigging chit?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Have you ever jogged up and down the Grand Canyon with Boy scouts?

...before smokeless powder....

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Are darla and tex and elkslayer the same person/s ?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
lvmiker,

NO. I'm a 72YO man, my Darla is my wife & a completely lovely lady (in the very BEST sense of the word, "lady").
I don't know "elkslayer".

yours, tex

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dear NMLady,

First, I'm DarlaG's husband, & am using her separate account, as for some reason my "screen-name" & password aren't working..

Also, pardon my curiosity, what exactly are, "My low incidence kids"?

Also, what statements have I made that you have enough knowledge of to deem them, "outlandish"? - Fyi.I signed a "blanket non-disclosure agreement" when I left Latin America & thereafter retired from the military, which is binding upon me for my lifetime.
I take that NDA seriously.

ADDENDA: Ma'am, I'm curious, do you have even one minute of service in the Armed Forces or in police work in Latin America? - The cultural social, law enforcement, crime situation & virtually everything else in those nations is far from any US citizen's experience, who has not been in that culture/environment.
OR
For that matter, do you have any LE experience in the USA or elsewhere? - Law enforcement is far different than any TV show and/or even what you see on the TV news.

If you don't have such experiences, you have no "frame of reference" to make any comment whatever, from a position of knowledge and experience.

yours, tex

Last edited by DarlaG; 01/28/19. Reason: addenda
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
huntsman22,

Are you yet another "clueless person" who seemingly cannot comment on "content", so instead you make a mostly useless comment on "style". = As I asked another member, "Would you like a 'do over'?"

Then, should you do that, you can make a comment that demonstrates your ability to think clearly & post something that's worth answering.

yours, tex

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Valsdad; All,

I type to suit me & nobody else. - As far as I know, nobody here has been appointed as "the official monitor" of any other member's posts.
Everyone might also consider the old saying that, "If you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all."

Fyi, my dissertation committee said that my writing style was "somewhat eccentric but perfectly acceptable", so I'd guess that my writing is "OK".
(If you are actually bothered by my "admittedly odd" style & also fail to comment solely "on content", I suggest that you just "scroll on by". - I promise that I wont be offended by you not reading anything that I write.)

Fyi, it's been my experience that old grad school prof was 100% correct, when he said, "Those who seem to be led to make comments on "form", fail to make cogent comments on "content" generally have little of merit to contribute to the conversation. If their comments also fail to illustrate "critical thought", intelligent & educated persons would do well to ignore their inane complaints."

just my opinions, tex

tex, please note above text in bold.

Now, please reread this from my post:

"tex/darla/ whoever, Some readers here, myself included, are quite put off by arcane acronyms and abbreviations. I understood LA to mean Louisiana as I was pretty sure there haven't been any jaguar sightings in Los Angeles (LA). And many of us also abhor statements and references to "facts" that are not corroborated in the post and when questioned we are directed to look it up ourselves. I've enjoyed some of your posts in the past, the ones in this thread not so much."

My comments in that paragraph are specifically related to the CONTENT in your posts. And I'd be willing to bet a goodly number of the readers here would consider my comments to be quite "cogent".

example the first: " arcane acronyms and abbreviations." said in regards to your use of the acronym for Latin America. That is CONTENT in your posts, no? I certainly don't know where you went to school, but going back as far as I can remember, even back to parochial grade school English, one is taught not to use acronyms and abbreviations prior to having used the complete word or phrase first in the document lest your reader is not aware of to what you are referring. By the time I was in college ANY paper I had turned in without first having used the word or exact phrase the abbreviation was meant to imply would have been returned to me with red marks for EVERY instance I used said acronym/abbreviation.

example the second: "And many of us also abhor statements and references to "facts" that are not corroborated in the post " said in regards to your statements regarding events that supposedly happened without providing references/information (a web link, a bank name and address, the name of the officer you said you know and believe). Again, I certainly hope that if you indeed did go to college (or even high school), you learned to at least provide said references when requested by someone reading/reviewing your writing.

I understand this is a public forum and as such not a scientific journal, but at times the nature of your statements has a number of the readers here shaking their heads and asking for clarification. If you cannot/will not (Secret Squirrel stuff, non-disclosure agreements excepted) provide the clarification, as in a weblink or a contact person's name, you will likely continue to be called out on it. You could opt to PM the requester with the info if you think it is of such a private nature that the rest of us here should not view it.

Your continued deflections and reluctance to back up certain statements reminds me of the folks here who make blanket statements, such as one I've been trying to get to back up his statement with evidence on another thread.

If you wrote in college (you mentioned a dissertation) as you do now, then your professors/committee did you and society a disservice for allowing you to pass with such CONTENT in your documents. And apparently from your statement above your committee allowed such writing to pass scrutiny. I am betting you DID NOT write your dissertation in the ANNOYING style of using ALL CAPS as often as you do in many of your posts. If it suits you to write that way, go write ahead (intended misspelling?, you guess, perhaps, it, pleases, me)

For your information ( FYI ), there are times when I do "scroll on by" your posts. They are difficult to read at times and some only seem to please you.

Enjoy your evening,

Geno

PS, I took notice that in your reply to me there was an astonishing (for you) lack of over capitalization of words. What's up with that? If you can write that way in that reply, why not most posts? crazy

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Valsdad,

Your comment is at least (unlike the vast majority of other member's comments) basically literate & shows that 3rd grade wasn't your best 5 years of "gubmint apruvd public screwl". - Nonetheless, you still focused on how I wrote my comments rather than commenting on the information that my own comments contain.
(Sorry that you evidently have neither the "in the field" experience nor the subject matter knowledge/expertise to comment on the facts presented.)

NO, I am not going to tread any closer to revealing any sensitive & classified data than I have already, as I know of no person, who has commented here, "who has the need to know" more information than I have provided.

yours, tex

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As far as I can remember, no one has made any comments or has taken issue with anything related to your military service or law enforcement career. If fact, I don't remember any of your posts that mentioned that you had ever been in law enforcement. And, anyway, neither your military service nor your career in law enforcement nor the opinions of your graduate committee are relevant to the topic of this thread.

With respect to my interest, you have made some statements about recent sightings of jaguars in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. These alleged sightings, if true, would potentially be something that would need to be considered by both state and federal natural resources agencies who are under a court order to draft a recovery plan for that species.

When I asked for your sources, you gave me an unnamed state police officer that you have known for a long time and an unnamed Texas Parks and Wildlife biologist who made some offhand comments at what I took to be a meeting of your "Master Naturalists." Rather than giving me any names and contact information for your sources, you suggested that I contact "headquarters" at Texas Parks and Wildlife. I did so first thing this morning. I emailed the biologist who maintains the state data base that deals with verified occurrences of rare, threatened and endangered species. I copied his response to my email and conveyed it to you in a PM to which you have not responded.

You also suggested that I contact a biologist in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. I emailed the TPWD technical service biologist in Hidalgo County (the county in which Mercedes is located) and I will share his response with you if and whenI get it.

The rest of this thread has turned into an ego trip for you, and you have obviously enjoyed it. However, you really need to relax. The cheese looks to be slipping off the cracker.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mudhen
As far as I can remember, no one has made any comments or has taken issue with anything related to your military service or law enforcement career. If fact, I don't remember any of your posts that mentioned that you had ever been in law enforcement. And, anyway, neither your military service nor your career in law enforcement nor the opinions of your graduate committee are relevant to the topic of this thread.

With respect to my interest, you have made some statements about recent sightings of jaguars in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. These alleged sightings, if true, would potentially be something that would need to be considered by both state and federal natural resources agencies who are under a court order to draft a recovery plan for that species.

When I asked for your sources, you gave me an unnamed state police officer that you have known for a long time and an unnamed Texas Parks and Wildlife biologist who made some offhand comments at what I took to be a meeting of your "Master Naturalists." Rather than giving me any names and contact information for your sources, you suggested that I contact "headquarters" at Texas Parks and Wildlife. I did so first thing this morning. I emailed the biologist who maintains the state data base that deals with verified occurrences of rare, threatened and endangered species. I copied his response to my email and conveyed it to you in a PM to which you have not responded.

You also suggested that I contact a biologist in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. I emailed the TPWD technical service biologist in Hidalgo County (the county in which Mercedes is located) and I will share his response with you if and whenI get it.

The rest of this thread has turned into an ego trip for you, and you have obviously enjoyed it. However, you really need to relax. The cheese looks to be slipping off the cracker.

Exactly,

thanks Ben,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
mudhen,

So you haven't read the totality of this thread??

As early as post 13501097, I mentioned my military service in Latin America, as well in posts, 14501191 & 13501230. - That was a lot of posts ago.
Further, numerous other members commented on my military/LE service in Latin America, so I have grave difficulty believing that you believe that nobody talked about that service/period in my life OR that you didn't know, unless you ignored or slept through most of the comments,.

yours, tex

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Our very own mall ninja.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy Cow balls...I just read this entire thread hoping for a confirmation on a Pink Panther sighting. Maybe next year DarlaG. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Dear NMLady,

First, I'm DarlaG's husband, & am using her separate account, as for some reason my "screen-name" & password aren't working..

Also, pardon my curiosity, what exactly are, "My low incidence kids"?

Also, what statements have I made that you have enough knowledge of to deem them, "outlandish"? - Fyi.I signed a "blanket non-disclosure agreement" when I left Latin America & thereafter retired from the military, which is binding upon me for my lifetime.
I take that NDA seriously.

ADDENDA: Ma'am, I'm curious, do you have even one minute of service in the Armed Forces or in police work in Latin America? - The cultural social, law enforcement, crime situation & virtually everything else in those nations is far from any US citizen's experience, who has not been in that culture/environment.
OR
For that matter, do you have any LE experience in the USA or elsewhere? - Law enforcement is far different than any TV show and/or even what you see on the TV news.

If you don't have such experiences, you have no "frame of reference" to make any comment whatever, from a position of knowledge and experience.

yours, tex

Low incidence kids are kids with low IQ’s.

I can’t pass the physical for the military as I have an autoimmune disease.

I also noticed your writing style changed upon responding to my statement.

I know what a NDA is, still waiting on prooof. I’m seeing a lot of lip service and no results.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Miss Judy, it is good to see you!

We are all still praying for your family.

You are a rock!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I seen a black cat one time.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.