Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I need a lighter CCW piece.

Because of where I work, I can’t carry a weapon to or from the office, nor keep it in my vehicle.  So the vast majority of my carry time is in casual attire.  And living on the gulf coast means that “casual attire” 9 months of the year is shorts and a t-shirt.

So I was looking for “LIGHT” when I stopped by my FFL two days ago (requirement #2 is no manual safety).  I was going with the intention of picking up a Glock 42 or 43.  I want pocket carry as an option and felt the 42 would better fill this possibility which is why I am still leaving it on the table. And a LCP is just too small for my large hands.

While looking at these two pieces, my dealer hands me a Sig P365 that he says just came in.  I was blown away.  10+1 in a smaller package than the Glock 43 for the same weight. The sights and trigger were great…the capacity and size were awesome.  I knew nothing of the gun though.  I put a deposit on it to give me time to research and think before I committed.  Getting home to research, my Google-fu has returned all kinds of hate and disdain for this gun due to snapped firing pins, dead triggers, primer swipe and RTB issues. 

Has Sig fixed this gun now that it has been in production for a year?  Or would I be better off sticking with my previous options?

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P365 for the reason you state. To avoid any potential issues go with a born on date of July '18 or later (listed on the box). FWIW, the G42 had far more problems when introduced.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many of the complaints are about the earlier guns, as indicated by JOG. The only complaint I hear with more recent guns involves dead or very dim front sights. You can check that in the store if you can go into a dark area. I have been very pleased. I shoot it better than my Glock 43. If you want something smaller and lighter than the P365, the Glock 42 is the next step down.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Search YouTube for Military Arms Channel and watch all three of his videos on it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Amazing pistols. Don't believe half the crap you read on the internet, several stories getting recycled over and over. Buy it and even if it turns out you didn't like it, it'd be an easy resale.

I keep wondering where all the supposed problematic P365's are, because I certainly haven't seen them on the used market. In fact, I've seen exactly one P365 in person, the one I bought. They're hard to find around here and get swooped up as soon as they hit the counter.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, they have so many problems that the gun stores are putting people on waiting lists to buy them (sarcasm font).
The P365 is the closest thing to a perfect CCW pistol that has ever been produced.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have two of them 1100 rounds in one, the other maybe 100. Range gun at Bullseye indoor range has one, no problems thousands of rounds fired.... No problems, No problems, No Problems....but watch the videos that glockboy found on the internets as he along with many others are deeply butt hurt that sig made a pistol that outperforms a glock 26, glock 43, glock 48 and glock 43X. I am not biased, I am still about 90% sure that I am going to buy a Glock 19X as in my hands the larger glocks out shoot the sig p320...just my experience, on the other hand the P365 is more accurate, is thinner more comfortable to carry, has a much better trigger, and 12 round sig mag holds 13 rounds unlike the glocks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Took my new P365 to an indoor range last week and shot it side by side with my Glocks 43 and 19. The groups from the Sig were easily half to one-third the size compared to the Glocks, and it shot right to point of aim. I will say I find the sights a little easier to acquire on the Glocks, and my Glocks have after market triggers, so its a wash there. But having 12 +1 rounds in an accurate handgun of that size is nice.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TimZ
Took my new P365 to an indoor range last week and shot it side by side with my Glocks 43 and 19. The groups from the Sig were easily half to one-third the size compared to the Glocks, and it shot right to point of aim. I will say I find the sights a little easier to acquire on the Glocks, and my Glocks have after market triggers, so its a wash there. But having 12 +1 rounds in an accurate handgun of that size is nice.....
This 1/2 to 1/3 size groups

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My P365 outshot my Glock 42 and 43 out of the box, but it does not beat my 19. It is close to the 26, but I can't say the Sig beats it at this point. The sights are different, and I have to get used to the P365 shooting low and the 26 shooting high at 50 feet if I use the same point of aim without adjusting. The 19, 26 and 42 are faster back on target than the P365. The 43 is about a tie, although it recoils in a different direction than the P365. YMMV.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Sig P365 really intrigues me. However, another 9mm pistol that is smaller than the 365 is the Kahr CM9/PM9. I have one of these and it has impressed me for its conceal ability. It doesn't have the mag capacity of the 365. However, it is smaller. Just another option if you aren't sure on the 365.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shot a 365 rental a few weeks ago and shot it better than my G26 and G19 at 7 yards, my initial impression was I liked it but the grip seems a bit small even with my short fingers.

A week ago some college kids showed up at the range with a Glock 23 and a 365, I wanted to shoot the 365 so I handed them my G20 and G26 and told them to shoot as many as they wanted. Neither wanted to shoot more than one mag through the G20 running fully boogey 200 HAP's.

I shot a mag through the 365 and only hit the paper plate twice at ~12 yards with Monarch ball offhand, and I was hitting about 85-90% with the 26, 19 and 20.

Before the kid left the range I asked to shoot another mag with my ammo, 125gr HAP's at 1050, I hit the plate twice with my forearms and wrist resting on a sandbag on the table. It didn't inspire confidence at all. Again, it seems a bit small in the grip but in my opinion a nice handgun. The accuracy could have been me or my ammo but it didn't shoot the Monarch any better. And the brass was showing some serious primer swipe. I read about this but have no idea what cause is but it was really a gouge vs a swipe.

I decided to buy a 43X and will pick it up today.

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Search YouTube for Military Arms Channel and watch all three of his videos on it.

Sig has since addressed the issues he and many others expereinced. I would feel comfortable carrying one of the current productions, or an older one that has gone back to sig for a tune up.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A couple of weeks ago at our action pistol match, we had a guy show up with the 365. We were all impressed with the 12 rd mags in the thing and he didn't do too bad with it.

Last week we had a Steel Challenge match and a lady showed up with one. It ran fine the whole match and it was the first time she had shot it. 3 of us shot it after the match and it was very easy to hit with in spite of only having 2 fingers on the tiny grip. I don't need one but it's got me thinking about one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sucked last month shooting the P365 in an IDPA match (BUG Division, using the 10 round flat base magazines downloaded to 6). The gun was accurate enough but slooooowwww, especially reloads with the funky magazine release button and with difficulty getting the magazines to drop free. I have done much better with the Glock 43 and 26 with the flat base magazines.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I sucked last month shooting the P365 in an IDPA match...

Cheyenne, are you shooting with the folks at Otto Rd? If so, I'll start going there again when we get back to Wyoming in May......I never quite felt at home with those folks.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by TimZ
......my Glocks have after market triggers...

....I talked to Phil Strader of Sig at the SHOT show and he said that Bruce Gray is making a replacement for the 365 trigger-----Gray is the go-to guy for Sig upgrades---I put one of his triggers in a 320 and it really helped. His 365 trigger has a wait list: https://grayguns.com/product/p365-straight-trigger/
---may have to try one----Strader said that they smooth with movement without lightening the pull.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gmoats
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I sucked last month shooting the P365 in an IDPA match...

Cheyenne, are you shooting with the folks at Otto Rd? If so, I'll start going there again when we get back to Wyoming in May......I never quite felt at home with those folks.

Yes, but it is now on the first Sunday of every month. Defensive Pistol is now on the second Saturday. But, we tend to hit the cabin and woods as soon as we are able, so I miss most of the matches from then through hunting season.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't dispute the reports I've seen--both good and bad. Where I became suspicious of the 365 was Sig's way of handling the matter. Their gun had issues yet Sig claimed everything was fine, right up to the point where they stopped production in order to fix them. Then they later made additional changes but denied it until confronted by folks who did videos of the parts that were different based on the born-on date.

But...the P365 appears to run as well as any other micro 9mm now. I probably won't be getting one since my co-workers and I all agreed a few years ago to carry the same model gun. We chose 9mm Glocks. I carry my G19 on evenings and weekends too. I used to carry a Kahr PM9 9mm; I still have the Kahr and occasionally carry it, but not often--if I found myself in need of my pistol, I would like more ammo and a longer sight radius than what the Kahr gives me. But, for anyone considering a Kahr CM or PM, mine has been solid. I have 100% confidence in it.

Back to the P365, though, it sounds like the perfect 'tweener gun for those who don't want to carry a G19-sized gun but want more ammo than the common 6 or 7 rounds that many micro's provide.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Waders

.... I probably won't be getting one since my co-workers and I all agreed a few years ago to carry the same model gun. ...

Militia!!!! You have joined the watch list....grin....

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (ar33c9, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 44automag, 7 invisible), 811 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,387
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.