Home
Posted By: War_Eagle The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
I need a lighter CCW piece.

Because of where I work, I can’t carry a weapon to or from the office, nor keep it in my vehicle.  So the vast majority of my carry time is in casual attire.  And living on the gulf coast means that “casual attire” 9 months of the year is shorts and a t-shirt.

So I was looking for “LIGHT” when I stopped by my FFL two days ago (requirement #2 is no manual safety).  I was going with the intention of picking up a Glock 42 or 43.  I want pocket carry as an option and felt the 42 would better fill this possibility which is why I am still leaving it on the table. And a LCP is just too small for my large hands.

While looking at these two pieces, my dealer hands me a Sig P365 that he says just came in.  I was blown away.  10+1 in a smaller package than the Glock 43 for the same weight. The sights and trigger were great…the capacity and size were awesome.  I knew nothing of the gun though.  I put a deposit on it to give me time to research and think before I committed.  Getting home to research, my Google-fu has returned all kinds of hate and disdain for this gun due to snapped firing pins, dead triggers, primer swipe and RTB issues. 

Has Sig fixed this gun now that it has been in production for a year?  Or would I be better off sticking with my previous options?

Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
P365 for the reason you state. To avoid any potential issues go with a born on date of July '18 or later (listed on the box). FWIW, the G42 had far more problems when introduced.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
Many of the complaints are about the earlier guns, as indicated by JOG. The only complaint I hear with more recent guns involves dead or very dim front sights. You can check that in the store if you can go into a dark area. I have been very pleased. I shoot it better than my Glock 43. If you want something smaller and lighter than the P365, the Glock 42 is the next step down.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
Search YouTube for Military Arms Channel and watch all three of his videos on it.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
Amazing pistols. Don't believe half the crap you read on the internet, several stories getting recycled over and over. Buy it and even if it turns out you didn't like it, it'd be an easy resale.

I keep wondering where all the supposed problematic P365's are, because I certainly haven't seen them on the used market. In fact, I've seen exactly one P365 in person, the one I bought. They're hard to find around here and get swooped up as soon as they hit the counter.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
Yeah, they have so many problems that the gun stores are putting people on waiting lists to buy them (sarcasm font).
The P365 is the closest thing to a perfect CCW pistol that has ever been produced.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
I have two of them 1100 rounds in one, the other maybe 100. Range gun at Bullseye indoor range has one, no problems thousands of rounds fired.... No problems, No problems, No Problems....but watch the videos that glockboy found on the internets as he along with many others are deeply butt hurt that sig made a pistol that outperforms a glock 26, glock 43, glock 48 and glock 43X. I am not biased, I am still about 90% sure that I am going to buy a Glock 19X as in my hands the larger glocks out shoot the sig p320...just my experience, on the other hand the P365 is more accurate, is thinner more comfortable to carry, has a much better trigger, and 12 round sig mag holds 13 rounds unlike the glocks.
Posted By: TimZ Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
Took my new P365 to an indoor range last week and shot it side by side with my Glocks 43 and 19. The groups from the Sig were easily half to one-third the size compared to the Glocks, and it shot right to point of aim. I will say I find the sights a little easier to acquire on the Glocks, and my Glocks have after market triggers, so its a wash there. But having 12 +1 rounds in an accurate handgun of that size is nice.....
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
Originally Posted by TimZ
Took my new P365 to an indoor range last week and shot it side by side with my Glocks 43 and 19. The groups from the Sig were easily half to one-third the size compared to the Glocks, and it shot right to point of aim. I will say I find the sights a little easier to acquire on the Glocks, and my Glocks have after market triggers, so its a wash there. But having 12 +1 rounds in an accurate handgun of that size is nice.....
This 1/2 to 1/3 size groups
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 01/31/19
My P365 outshot my Glock 42 and 43 out of the box, but it does not beat my 19. It is close to the 26, but I can't say the Sig beats it at this point. The sights are different, and I have to get used to the P365 shooting low and the 26 shooting high at 50 feet if I use the same point of aim without adjusting. The 19, 26 and 42 are faster back on target than the P365. The 43 is about a tie, although it recoils in a different direction than the P365. YMMV.
Posted By: devnull Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
The Sig P365 really intrigues me. However, another 9mm pistol that is smaller than the 365 is the Kahr CM9/PM9. I have one of these and it has impressed me for its conceal ability. It doesn't have the mag capacity of the 365. However, it is smaller. Just another option if you aren't sure on the 365.
Posted By: RDW Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
I shot a 365 rental a few weeks ago and shot it better than my G26 and G19 at 7 yards, my initial impression was I liked it but the grip seems a bit small even with my short fingers.

A week ago some college kids showed up at the range with a Glock 23 and a 365, I wanted to shoot the 365 so I handed them my G20 and G26 and told them to shoot as many as they wanted. Neither wanted to shoot more than one mag through the G20 running fully boogey 200 HAP's.

I shot a mag through the 365 and only hit the paper plate twice at ~12 yards with Monarch ball offhand, and I was hitting about 85-90% with the 26, 19 and 20.

Before the kid left the range I asked to shoot another mag with my ammo, 125gr HAP's at 1050, I hit the plate twice with my forearms and wrist resting on a sandbag on the table. It didn't inspire confidence at all. Again, it seems a bit small in the grip but in my opinion a nice handgun. The accuracy could have been me or my ammo but it didn't shoot the Monarch any better. And the brass was showing some serious primer swipe. I read about this but have no idea what cause is but it was really a gouge vs a swipe.

I decided to buy a 43X and will pick it up today.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Search YouTube for Military Arms Channel and watch all three of his videos on it.

Sig has since addressed the issues he and many others expereinced. I would feel comfortable carrying one of the current productions, or an older one that has gone back to sig for a tune up.
Posted By: TWR Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
A couple of weeks ago at our action pistol match, we had a guy show up with the 365. We were all impressed with the 12 rd mags in the thing and he didn't do too bad with it.

Last week we had a Steel Challenge match and a lady showed up with one. It ran fine the whole match and it was the first time she had shot it. 3 of us shot it after the match and it was very easy to hit with in spite of only having 2 fingers on the tiny grip. I don't need one but it's got me thinking about one.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
I sucked last month shooting the P365 in an IDPA match (BUG Division, using the 10 round flat base magazines downloaded to 6). The gun was accurate enough but slooooowwww, especially reloads with the funky magazine release button and with difficulty getting the magazines to drop free. I have done much better with the Glock 43 and 26 with the flat base magazines.
Posted By: gmoats Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I sucked last month shooting the P365 in an IDPA match...

Cheyenne, are you shooting with the folks at Otto Rd? If so, I'll start going there again when we get back to Wyoming in May......I never quite felt at home with those folks.
Posted By: gmoats Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
......my Glocks have after market triggers...

....I talked to Phil Strader of Sig at the SHOT show and he said that Bruce Gray is making a replacement for the 365 trigger-----Gray is the go-to guy for Sig upgrades---I put one of his triggers in a 320 and it really helped. His 365 trigger has a wait list: https://grayguns.com/product/p365-straight-trigger/
---may have to try one----Strader said that they smooth with movement without lightening the pull.
Originally Posted by gmoats
I sucked last month shooting the P365 in an IDPA match...

Cheyenne, are you shooting with the folks at Otto Rd? If so, I'll start going there again when we get back to Wyoming in May......I never quite felt at home with those folks.

Yes, but it is now on the first Sunday of every month. Defensive Pistol is now on the second Saturday. But, we tend to hit the cabin and woods as soon as we are able, so I miss most of the matches from then through hunting season.
Posted By: Waders Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
I don't dispute the reports I've seen--both good and bad. Where I became suspicious of the 365 was Sig's way of handling the matter. Their gun had issues yet Sig claimed everything was fine, right up to the point where they stopped production in order to fix them. Then they later made additional changes but denied it until confronted by folks who did videos of the parts that were different based on the born-on date.

But...the P365 appears to run as well as any other micro 9mm now. I probably won't be getting one since my co-workers and I all agreed a few years ago to carry the same model gun. We chose 9mm Glocks. I carry my G19 on evenings and weekends too. I used to carry a Kahr PM9 9mm; I still have the Kahr and occasionally carry it, but not often--if I found myself in need of my pistol, I would like more ammo and a longer sight radius than what the Kahr gives me. But, for anyone considering a Kahr CM or PM, mine has been solid. I have 100% confidence in it.

Back to the P365, though, it sounds like the perfect 'tweener gun for those who don't want to carry a G19-sized gun but want more ammo than the common 6 or 7 rounds that many micro's provide.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Originally Posted by Waders

.... I probably won't be getting one since my co-workers and I all agreed a few years ago to carry the same model gun. ...

Militia!!!! You have joined the watch list....grin....
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Where I became suspicious of the 365 was Sig's way of handling the matter. Their gun had issues yet Sig claimed everything was fine, right up to the point where they stopped production in order to fix them.

So you settled on Glock...for their honesty?
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Originally Posted by JOG
Where I became suspicious of the 365 was Sig's way of handling the matter. Their gun had issues yet Sig claimed everything was fine, right up to the point where they stopped production in order to fix them.

lol....they all the the same chiit when there are problems, Remington did it for years too. I'm a big Sig fan, but even the comments in this thread has pushed me further away from the 365.
Posted By: Waders Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Originally Posted by JOG

LOL! NO! We settled on Glocks, because at the time of our decision they functioned well.

Sig's handling of the P365 was bad--nobody I know disputes that. That caused me to be leery. Some consumer reports were good and some bad. Who knew what to believe. In the midst of that, when the manufacturer is lying about what's going on, that causes me concern. I just don't like it when somebody pees on my leg and tells me it's raining.

At one point, I wanted a 365 just because--I had the cabbage in my pocket and thought it'd be fun. However, given the issues, coupled with Sig's response, I decided to wait. That's all. If I ever decided to replace my Kahr, the 365 is now at the top of the list. I just don't see myself buying one any time soon. (Of course, my "want list" changes daily...)
Posted By: TimZ Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Quite a few complaints here about the size of the grip on the P365 using the standard 10 round mags, but if you use the 12 round mags (which admittedly are not cheap) there is no problem getting a full three fingers on the grip.....
I generally don't buy small guns with the intention of making them bigger with longer magazines and pinky extensions.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
guns are personal decisions, the ability to produce the weapon and shoot it reasonably well makes more difference than anything you find on the internets, as everybody is always selling something and everybody is always smarter than the next guy. Like my hunting buddy says the first liars always lose as the night progresses and the whiskey flows. I can produce the P365 pretty quickly from a cooks holster and fire reasonably with it, better than a G43, or shield, or g27 of which I recently sold. At distance I can hit a softball at 20 yards pretty easy. It has not locked back a few times due to my grip, it has a LS striker in it, and it is my go to carry gun.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
I generally don't buy small guns with the intention of making them bigger with longer magazines and pinky extensions.

+1

I carry mine with the flush 10 round mag in the pistol and a 12 round spare.
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19

I'm all for the flexibility in modifying the grip length or reach to suit my whims.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
there are just too many things wrong with the gun! First it holds 13 rounds, second it has the darn High Bore Axis disease, then the darngrip angle is wrong! The 20 year old glock 19 pictured is where technology stopped as it had been perfected.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
I think Sig improved their bore axis issue with the P365 by a significant degree vs the the P320 or any of their service sized, hammer fired, pistols.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/01/19
Bore axis.............drink!
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Thanks everyone.

I went ahead and picked the pistol up today. I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options. I picked up a Sticky holster to get me started but already know that won't be a long term situation.

I appreciate everyone's comments and opinions.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
I think Sig improved their bore axis issue with the P365 by a significant degree vs the the P320 or any of their service sized, hammer fired, pistols.

Issue for you, not others.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Thanks everyone.

I went ahead and picked the pistol up today. I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options. I picked up a Sticky holster to get me started but already know that won't be a long term situation.

Good choice. I know of 9 P365s being carried without problems.

Best ergonomics other than a 1911 I've experienced in a CCW pistol. No question it's a significant tactical advantage combining great concealability, high capacity and an effective SD cartridge. Trigger, sights and accuracy work well for the purpose the pistol is intended.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Every weapon platform is a tool. Just as a Big Hammer is not the only tool in the toolbox, neither are handguns.

I typically carry handguns for the situation I will be in. In the field, I have S&W Mountain guns that serve me well. For random CCW usage I carry several, but find myself gravitating to either a Les Baer 1911, or a G19.

For work in an office environment, where maximum discretion is desired, I carry a Sig P365. A role it fills very well!
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Thanks everyone.

Will be interested in how you like it after shooting a bit. I'll either be getting one of these or a G43 soon. Have owned a Shield for several years and it has been reliable but there's something about it I just don't care much for....

Specs and #'s seem to favor the 365, but specs and #'s aren't shooting. Really need to find a place where I can shoot both the 43 and 365.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by jwp475

Issue for you, not others.

That's pretty silly. It's a commonly discussed observation on gun forums, and it's not just me by thousands of different handles making that observation. I can't count how many times a YouTuber who's used to shooting Glocks, but tries a Sig, makes the comment, almost word for word, "Hmm, I notice that the recoil on this Sig flips while the recoil on my Glock is more of a straight push back."

But, again, the P365, based on looking at it, doesn't appear to be as bad in this regard.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
I would definitely try and rent one and shoot it against your shield. I still have my 45 acp shield but sold my 9mm shield, my G27, and my G43. I would buy another shield as a backpack gun in 40SW if I find someone in a bind that wanted to dump one cheap as it was a good reliable gun and while the G27 was also a good gun it is thick. I just could not shoot any of them as well as I can the sig.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by NH K9
Bore axis.............drink!

I laughed
Posted By: SargeMO Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Not much to add other than the fact I finally got to handle a P365. Damn they are little bitty. I do see it as a short step up from the pocket 380s while being marginally harder to conceal. Given the chambering, I can't imagine problems controlling it, even with the shorter mag.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Sarge your forgetting that dangerously high bore axis.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Dangerous? How? Just less than ideal and not preferable when better options exist.

But, once again, the P365 seems to have the issue to a lesser degree than their standard, service sized, handguns.
Dangerous? How? Just less than ideal and not preferable when better options exist.

But, once again, the P365 seems to have the issue to a lesser degree than their standard, service sized, handguns.

Sarcasm, look it up
I have not fingered a 365 yet but that will change. I know I don't like the Shield.
And for conversation, I currently carry a LC9 in my front pocket.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by Steelhead
And for conversation, I currently carry a LC9 in my front pocket.

In all honesty, my ‘primary’ concealed piece is the same 642 that I’ve had ‘forever’.

I probably won’t pick up a 365 simply because I have an ‘extra’ 320 that I can dump in a compact module. That could conceals well for me and all my mags work.

George
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options.

Holster opinions might be more varied than the pistol itself, but such a small and light pistol has the P365 doesn't need much. My first choice would be to cheap out with Kydex at Concealment Express.
Posted By: RDW Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Picked it up last night and had thirty minutes to stop by the indoor range before taking my parents to dinner.

I like the grip much better than the G26 with the Pierce extension or X-Grip, flatter on the back, no fingergrooves and I can drop the mag without changing my grip and that is not the case with the 26, 19 and 20. Sights suck and those need to be replaced for sure. The trigger felt fine but I am going to do the .25 cent trigger job and for now shoot it.

[Linked Image]

21' on top, 10' in the center and 45' on the bottom, 10 rounds except for the bottom that are 9 rounds.

[Linked Image]
Thanks everyone.

It should certainly be easier to carry than the 43X, and I hope the accuracy meets your expectations.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Picked up a 365 today. November born on date. LGS has em for $499 amd the 12 rd mags for $40 so got that also.

So far 50 rounds through it.

My initial take..

1. Mags are hard to load.
2. Shoots good
3. 10 rd mag it too small for my hands.
4. Had some loading issues. Though this may be attributed to cheap a$s steel ammo

I wanna like it.

Size is nice. I’ll compare it to the 42,43, shield, cw9, cm9 i have.

I have broken in 2 kahr cw9 and a cm9 with the steel case ammo, so that ammo works in those.

Nice Dave, if you have time snap a picture of family, are using the 43 with an extension?

Loading as in rounds fitting the mag?
Originally Posted by JOG
I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options.

Holster opinions might be more varied than the pistol itself, but such a small and light pistol has the P365 doesn't need much. My first choice would be to cheap out with Kydex at Concealment Express.

I am a bit intrigued by a front pocket kydex holster from Alabama Holster. Seeing Hickock using them got me curious. They're just a few miles over from me so I might stop by their shop and check them out.

Playing with that Sticky holster and a pair of my commonly worn shorts is showing promise. It disappears in my pocket well and doing some yardwork with it has shown it is NOT burdensome or annoying. Forgot it was there often. I do think a kydex holster would cut down on some of the bulk that this padded holster adds which would be another win.

Shot a box of 50 through it this afternoon. Very manageable recoil. Although, even with the pinky extension mag, my big hands still make this a 2-finger grip. But, its manageable. No intention of going with the 12 round mags right now. Adding size is the opposite of my intentions with this one.

I have not checked accuracy on paper and not sure I will. Mostly screwing around with resilient rubber targets and a few steel plates. Accuracy is plenty fine for my purposes with this gun.
Dave, I definitely agree with the difficulty loading mags. Especially those last couple. I might look into one of those Uplulas (or whatever they are called).
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
I have an Alabama pocket holster for a Glock 42. My P365 fits in it, but stretches it slightly. It is a good holster. My only complaint is that the curvature at the bottom could be made more shallow, which would increase concealment. I also prefer to free the gun from the holster by using my grip fingers to push off the base rather than use the thumb push-off. I could live without the thumb part.

I also have a Boraii Eagle for the P365 which works fine. It has no curve at the bottom, which conceals it better in a pocket. A smidgen of curve might be better.

Many will take a hair dryer to these types of holsters to deal with curvature issues.
Loading, i meant as in cycling.

50 more rounds. No trouble with those.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
All I use are Uplula speed loaders, I jack my thumbs up enough working in cold weather....and they're waaay faster.
Cw9, cm9, 365
[Linked Image]

Cm9 and 365. Cm9 is smaller.

[Linked Image]y
Posted By: NVhntr Re: The Sig P365 - 02/02/19
Check out the Fusion holsters. I picked up an IWB for my 365 and I like it. They have an innovative clip they call the Utiliclip system rather than a standard belt clip. It clips to your pants like a suspender clip would so you can go with or without a belt. It is also less obvious than a belt clip since it attaches under the belt.

Fusion Holsters

[Linked Image]
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
I might look into one of those Uplulas (or whatever they are called).

Makes loading that last round oh so easy compared to thumbing it.
Posted By: deflave Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19

You fugk sticks need to buy some Wheaties.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
Originally Posted by deflave

ROTF LMAO
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19

Thanks Clark. I just ate a can of frozen OJ. I think I'm on my way.
Deflave trying out for the Dodgers.

I loved that show.

Especially Lily.

Thanks Clark. I just ate a can of frozen OJ. I think I'm on my way.

Wash it down with some horse testosterone and you’ll be set.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
Check out Vedder Holsters. I wanted something small and easy to take on/off, also wanted the ability to tuck a shirt in. I liked this one so much I picked up one for my Glocks.

[Linked Image]
I like that.
I loved that show.

Especially Lily.

I would have figured you for more of a Marilyn man.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Check out Vedder Holsters. I wanted something small and easy to take on/off, also wanted the ability to tuck a shirt in. I liked this one so much I picked up one for my Glocks.

[Linked Image]

I like Vedder and have one with a claw for a M2.0 Compact. Vedder is about $60, Concealment Express is about $35.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
I bought a Concealment Express for my P365 and can't stand it. It rattles unless I tighten the retention screw to the point I can't hardly draw the pistol.

I've never owned a Vedder Holster, but will gladly pay twice as much for a PJ or Celtic holster over C.E.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
The Kydex holsters destroy the guns finish, unless they offer lining as an option...if that matters to anyone.
Posted By: MOGC Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
I have two Vedder holsters. Easy folks to deal with, lots of options and a good product.
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
A person would never be able to hold on to one of those if it was chambered in 380 Auto.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
I have a cooks from Georgia good holster go out of their way with service. On the other hand I am really digging that tuck-able from vedder. Half the time I have to put a 380 in my pocket because I am wearing a shirt that tucks in. With the small magazine the 365 would work in this regard.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
The Kydex holsters destroy the guns finish, unless they offer lining as an option...if that matters to anyone.

Lol
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Lol

Lol x10
I bought a Concealment Express for my P365 and can't stand it. It rattles unless I tighten the retention screw to the point I can't hardly draw the pistol.

I've never owned a Vedder Holster, but will gladly pay twice as much for a PJ or Celtic holster over C.E.

GW,

We all have different loves for different holsters but I picked one of these up at a local gun show a week or so back and I'm in love.

I'm using it with my Shield.

https://buddysholsters.com/shop?olsPage=products&page=1
I loved that show.

Especially Lily.

I would have figured you for more of a Marilyn man.

[Linked Image]

Gitdafugkouttahere.

Lol

Lol x10

All holsters remove all finishes.

Lol

Lol x10

All holsters remove all finishes.

Yes Sir, but Kydex is the worst...unless it doesn't matter.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19
I’ve been looking at the 365 a long time now. And really like it. But I think I’m gonna go with the Glock 43X, based on some of the issues the new Sig has had. And the Glocks price. Hope I’m making the right decision 😬
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’ve been looking at the 365 a long time now. And really like it. But I think I’m gonna go with the Glock 43X, based on some of the issues the new Sig has had. And the Glocks price. Hope I’m making the right decision 😬

I don't see how you could go far wrong with the Glock 43X. No challenge to conceal it under a t-shirt, eleven on board, and just the right amount of grip for shooting.

Why don’t you get a Shield?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 02/03/19

Why don’t you get a Shield?

They just don’t feel “right” in my hand. I wish they did.
What's the price of the G43x with good night sights? There's a seller over at Sigforum selling P365s for $480.00 shipped and $440.00 shipped for first responders/LE/military. He also has 12 round mags available to buyers for $32.00.

I'm real tempted to buy another one.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/04/19
tag
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/04/19
dont matter to me because it is easy to remove and replace the weapon in a good kydex holster anyhow mine shows no signs of wear so far
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/04/19
despite the low bore holer's love of glocks, with the glock 43X the magazine to top of slide specified at 5 inches, the P365 with a sig manufactured 12 round magazine holding 13 cartridges is 4.5 inches from top of slide to bottom of magazine. I don't know if the x is any more accurate, but the 365 in my hands out shot the regular 43 I used to own. Of all the the compacts the thin shield in 40SW is a real consideration for backpacking, shooting hard cast 200 grain flat points. I know it would definately cause severe damage to my dainty mitts and I will have to cry "o agony" every time I fire, but damn if I don't think a 200 grain hard cast at 1000 might get somethings attention.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19
If you need a quality leather holster for your P365, I've got 'em! I must have made over 100 holsters for the P365 in the past year.

Attached picture P365_collection.jpg
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19
At the local gun shop yesterday, I saw several of them under glass. The salesman said that he doesn't understand why they aren't selling, as when they first came out, they were selling like hotcakes. Apparently, he hadn't ever heard about any of the problems people had been having with them.

If memory serves, they were asking $550.00 for them.
Posted By: TimZ Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19

If memory serves, they were asking $550.00 for them. [/quote]

That price may have something to do with why they weren't selling. They are all over the web now for $480-$499 with free shipping, no tax and no cc fee.
That price may have something to do with why they weren't selling. They are all over the web now for $480-$499 with free shipping, no tax and no cc fee.

Yep, sorry. I should have said they were asking $450.00, not $550.00.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19

Yeah, sure they were.... crazy

Yeah, sure they were.... crazy

It's nearby, so I can take a picture if you like.
Scratch that. Looks like I had it right to start with, i.e., $550.00. Just called them up.

So this is over priced? They seem to think they're selling theirs for $50.00 less than other stores in the area.
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19
...they were selling like hotcakes. Apparently, he hadn't ever heard about any of the problems people had been having with them.

Apparently his customers weren't having any problems.
Originally Posted by JOG
...they were selling like hotcakes. Apparently, he hadn't ever heard about any of the problems people had been having with them.

I asked him when I just called. He said there were problems early on.
Originally Posted by JOG

I asked him when I just called. He said there were problems early on.

You're so full of [bleep] it isn't funny. I'd quit while you're ahead.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19
There were problems early on, the Sig forum even has the serial listings range to stay away from.
Apparently, he hadn't ever heard about any of the problems people had been having with them.

If memory serves, they were asking $550.00 for them.

Didn't know what the price was; first they were $550.00, then they were $450.00, but they were really $550.00. And yesterday they hadn't heard of any issues, but this morning they have? Makes perfect sense.

Simply another Glock fan boy trying to push an agenda
Simply another Glock fan boy trying to push an agenda

I will buy a P365 now that there's a manual safety version (P365 MS). The Glock guys are going to love that.
Home from work sick today, so thought I'd do a little comparison. Glock 42 with Trijicon HD's (6+1 .380) vs a Sig P365 (10+1 9mm). Nothing too scientific, but gives a good visual of just how small the P365 is. It actually fits in the same holster as the G42.

Both are about as good of carry guns as you can find, IMO. The addition of the Trijicons really made the G42 shine.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19
Who needs a safety ?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19

Ok, so I lied 😬....... Went to buy a 43X today, and my Dealer made me a better deal on the Sig P365 since he had several in stock! The trigger on the P365 was just better and that was a major factor in my decision. I’ll try it out tomorrow and report back on how it shoots.

Only thing I didn’t like was the price for the extra factory 12 round magazine. Friggin $50 bucks !!! Sig needs to get real on their Mag prices like Glock does !!!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/05/19
What you plan to shoot in it? For target / plinking?
Only thing I didn’t like was the price for the extra factory 12 round magazine. Friggin $50 bucks !!!

$35.99 seems to be the going rate.
Osage County Guns has them for $34.99 with free shipping on orders over $100.00.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-mag-365-9-12.html
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 02/06/19
Osage County Guns has them for $34.99 with free shipping on orders over $100.00.

Thanks! Figured he was high on the price. Don’t mind overpaying for one from the Dealer I bought the gun from. He always treats me really well & is a good friend too. Plus I like to think I help the little Mom & Pop stores stay in business so I have a place to hang out and look at new guns too.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 02/06/19
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
What you plan to shoot in it? For target / plinking?

I’ve got some CCI Blazer FMJ in the brass cases to try for plinking. It feeds well in my Glocks & is plenty accurate too. For carry ammo & personal defense, I’m a big believer in the Speer Gold Dot 124 gr + P hollow point load. It’s always been super reliable and very accurate in all of my other 9mm’s. Used it to put a sick cow down at the Ranch several years ago. It exited the skull front to back & put her lights out immediately.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: The Sig P365 - 02/06/19

Ok, so I lied 😬....... Went to buy a 43X today, and my Dealer made me a better deal on the Sig P365 since he had several in stock! The trigger on the P365 was just better and that was a major factor in my decision. I’ll try it out tomorrow and report back on how it shoots.

Only thing I didn’t like was the price for the extra factory 12 round magazine. Friggin $50 bucks !!! Sig needs to get real on their Mag prices like Glock does !!!

Good choice; I'm liking mine. That is a bit high on the mag price, but I'm also good with paying a bit extra at the LGS to help keep them going.
Posted By: RDW Re: The Sig P365 - 02/06/19

What shop?

How many did they have in stock?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/06/19
Just ordered a Makershot mag loader off eBay for $12.50

#savethethumbs
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: The Sig P365 - 02/06/19
I've been exercising my thumbs. Got a couple boxes of FMJs and a couple boxes of carry ammo through it now. Really enjoying this little gun. The trigger is good and I am very happy with the sights.

Still mulling over holsters.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/07/19
that is all well and good but how high is the bore hole?
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: The Sig P365 - 02/07/19
Oh...yeah, bore axis. TERRIBLE...just TUURRIBULL!
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 02/07/19
Mine’s so bad the guy I loaned it to last week for T&E hasn’t bothered to let me know if he is planning to return it anytime soon.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Sig P365 - 02/07/19
Mine’s so bad the guy I loaned it to last week for T&E hasn’t bothered to let me know if he is planning to return it anytime soon.

grin.... I have one buddy that is like that. However, it's a pretty simple formula to determine when he's going to return something. It's always when the ammo I gave him runs out. He's really consistent about that....kinda like my returning his cooler that was left at my house. I usually return it when there's no more beer in it.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/07/19
my loaner gun is a keltec PF9, it always gets returned
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/09/19
Shot another 150 rds today.

Field stripped and cleaned it with brake cleaner and lubed it before hand. I didn’t do that out of the box. No problems today.
Cheapo Federal brass and Winchester steel ammo.

Makershot mag loader came in. Works fairly well. Worth the $12. . Sure saves the thumbs. Loading 12 rds is a cinch now. Never used a uplula to compare it with.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 02/09/19
The only advantage to the Maglula is they are universal as opposed to needing a different Makershot for every magazine. The Makershot is definitely simpler and probably just as easy to use.

Which holster is that?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/10/19
Holster is from eBay. ‘Holsters4u’. $11.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/15/19
FYI...

Academy has 12rd mags for $40.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: The Sig P365 - 02/18/19
Thanks Dave...out of curiosity, I stopped and picked up a 12rd'er Friday at my local Academy. I also picked up two different boxes of HP ammo to see if the pistol had a preference or was picky on feeding. I bought some SIG V-Crown and Speer Gold Dots. Have been playing with Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty.

I got a bit free time to shoot it yesterday and saw no real preference from one ammo to the other. Going to stick with Hornady moving forward just out of habit at this point.

The 12rd magazine really surprised me. Don't know why it surprised me...but I was pleasantly surprised by what it provided. It really didn't make the grip any larger, "print-wise," when carrying IWB...and gives me a solid 3 finger hold. The pinky extension mag doesn't quite pull this off with my big hands. For pocket carry, the flush 10rd is still the go-to.

I did have a major problem occur when shooting yesterday...and it was confirmed again tonight. Some might even classify this as a failure since you technically can't use the gun anymore once this happens...

Yesterday when shooting, the wife was doing really well with it. She was making goods hits consistently and much easier than with her LCP...then it happened. She said "I really like this gun." Then again tonight, she said she "Really, REALLY likes this gun....and then asked if she could have it.

I think I just got put in the market for a second P365...
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 02/18/19

I did have a major problem occur when shooting yesterday...and it was confirmed again tonight. Some might even classify this as a failure since you technically can't use the gun anymore once this happens...

What problem ?
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: The Sig P365 - 02/18/19

What problem ?

I'm guessing you didn't read past that part at all.

OR...

You've never had a woman "claim" one of your favorite guns.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/18/19
That is funny Wareagle. That's a $535.00 malfunction where I live.... grin
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: The Sig P365 - 02/19/19
Welcome to the fraternity brother!
Let's see;
Ruger SP101 357 2-1/8"
S&W shield 9
S&W 2206
Taurus M85 a nice one
Ruger SR9
All gone to the "I Really like this" monster, and they disappear into "her" range bags.
It's almost bad enough that she'd expect me to ask permission to shoot one of them.

Life don't suck.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/19/19
I picked up a second 12 round magazine for mine today, makes a difference in how the gun handles as well. So with 12 rounds in my left pocket, and 13 in a very small gun...I recall my first 9mm a browning high power held 13 rounds in the magazine IIRC in a gun about as big as a 1911 commander length again IIRC. Now 13 rounds in a more accurate, easier to shoot, gun that fits into your front pocket. amazing.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: The Sig P365 - 02/20/19

Thanks! Figured he was high on the price. Don’t mind overpaying for one from the Dealer I bought the gun from. He always treats me really well & is a good friend too. Plus I like to think I help the little Mom & Pop stores stay in business so I have a place to hang out and look at new guns too.

I must have read your book at some point..
Posted By: gumfighter Re: The Sig P365 - 02/20/19
Just want to add my opinion on my P365. First off I am a recently retired police officer of 48 years. I put the first 27 years on the job in Detroit Pd. I started in the wheel gun era. We could carry our own S&W or Colt revolver if it was 38 spl or larger and we qualified with it every year, So, I carried a smith 4" model 29 for the first 10 years on the job with Elmer's cast 250 gr SWC with 21.0 grs of 2400. Put about 10,000 rounds thru it and had to have it rebuilt 3 times. Transition to model 57, 41 mag, then a model 25, 45 Colt, then a couple of Colt Pythons, then a S&W 4506 auto 45 acp, ( we were allowed to carry double action S&W semi autos at that time) then in 1990 the Dept went to the Glock 22 and issued me one. I liked and trusted them all and carried them in uniform as well as plainclothes. Put thousands of rounds through them. Off duty in all those years I only carried a 5 or 6 shot snubnose 38 spl with 6 extra rounds in a pouch. (Only used it two times off duty and it worked.) I retired and went to work for 21 more years as a campus police officer at U of M in Ann Arbor. I carried an issued Sig 226 9mm then we went to the Sig 226 in 40 cal. Again I only carried a snub nose for off duty. I was a firearms instructor for 15 years also. I was fortunate to shoot many different handguns and own about 30 of them. But for carry I found the smaller the better if is at least 38 spl or larger. (I believe you are more apt to carry it if is compact and not heavy nor bulky. I also believe and found most off duty shootings are measured in a few feet). The last 6 years I have been carrying a Kahr PM9 with Federal HST. I put around 1200 rounds thru it and found it works perfectly. Last week, I checked out a Sig P365 at the local dealer. I was very impressed with the size (same as my PM9) , the sights, and the great trigger. So when they gave me the retired PO price I bought it. . Today a police buddy and I went out to the gun club range to shoot a couple of rifles (coyote hunt this weekend) and I grabbed a bunch of ammo and my Sig P365. Let me say I was very impressed with it. It was outstanding. We put over 350 rounds thru it without one problem. Very accurate, fits perfect even with my XL hand, fed hard ball, flat nose, Fed HST hp and Speer gold dot without a hitch. Double taps were right next to each other. Mine was made last month in January. So, hopefully I got a good one. And it also fits in my Milt Sparks Summer special IWB holster I carried my Kahr in. My police buddy is looking to get one now and retire his S&W model 60. Sorry to be so long winded. Just my two cents.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 02/21/19

Just for you the new Glig low bore hole perfection.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 03/01/19
My Sig P365 just retired my Glock 26 for CCW on pavement, and it may replace the 26 off pavement as soon as I can test some Buffalo Bore hard cast against water jugs. I didn't think it would happen, especially considering the compatibility of the 26 with the Glock 19 magazines that I have all over the place. But, in the end, accuracy won out. Besides that, I recently scored a Milt Sparks Criterion for the gun, and it is a more compact and convenient package to carry. BTW, it has 2000 rounds downrange so far, and I anticipate allocating at least 5000 more to it this year.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Sig P365 - 03/01/19
I put the first 100 rounds through one today and it's a winner. I didn't think I'd be able to shoot that well or fast with such a small grip. 10 rounds on steel from 30 feet can be done pretty quick with it. Got to spend more time with it but unless it has problems I don't think I'm going to have a problem with it.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 03/02/19
Even Hickok45 recently admitted that the little Sig has been his daily carry (replacing his Glock 26) for a while now.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: The Sig P365 - 03/02/19
There's a guy over on Sigforum who said his agency just qualed forty P365's (back up guns), minimum of 150 rounds each, and not a single problem.
Posted By: Gibby Re: The Sig P365 - 03/02/19
I have shot the P365. This old guy just can't get past that switch thing they call a trigger.

Will shoot a buddy's new Sig P938 today. I have shot one before. If all goes well, I will be getting one.

At first I was excited to see the P365 come out. I tried to keep an open mind since I do not have a striker gun. I just could not get past that switch thing. It's just not for me.

The P365 is a fine pistol for many.

PS: My muscle memory for single action triggers is sacred. It has served me well. "I always say, come shoot with me at my place."
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 03/02/19
I have above 1300 on mine now, no problems, I shot some +P+ ammo in it, wow the report from that stuff is very different from this short barreled gun. No problems however, I am shooting slightly bigger groups these days but that may be me.
Posted By: BamBam Re: The Sig P365 - 03/02/19
Well, I have well over 1500 rounds through my P365 with a variety of ammo no Issues.Rides In my waistband with confidence.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/02/19
Up to 350 rds with mine. Really like it.

12 rd is a must for bigger hands.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: The Sig P365 - 03/03/19
I'll be picking one up on Tuesday. Hopefully it purrs along like all yours.........
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 03/03/19
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I'll be picking one up on Tuesday. Hopefully it purrs along like all yours.........

If it had a smooth introduction, I'd have bought one after a year. Due to its having had a very rough introduction, I'll wait another year or two. If it can pick up a couple of years with a reputation for being a problem-free gun throughout, then I'll pick one up too.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Sig P365 - 03/03/19

If it had a smooth introduction, I'd have bought one after a year. Due to its having had a very rough introduction, I'll wait another year or two. If it can pick up a couple of years with a reputation for being a problem-free gun throughout, then I'll pick one up too.

I'm thinking this model may be getting more "year's worth of use" by the general public in less time than most guns. A lot of people are buying them and a lot of people are shooting them. The one I purchased had a February born on date and the shop owner told me he'd requested 10 but only received the one because of demand.
Posted By: huntin1 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/03/19
I'm approaching 2000 rounds through mine, manufactured late June 2018. This pistol is carried daily, both off duty and as an on duty back up. Wonderful little gun in my opinion.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: The Sig P365 - 03/10/19
I've had a P365 for a few weeks and a couple hundred rounds. Nice pistol, functions great. As of now, it won't be replacing my Glock 26, for several reasons. I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun. I like the 365, but it will probably go down the road if something new and sparkly catches my eye.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/10/19
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I've had a P365 for a few weeks and a couple hundred rounds. Nice pistol, functions great. As of now, it won't be replacing my Glock 26, for several reasons. I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun. I like the 365, but it will probably go down the road if something new and sparkly catches my eye.

The Sig P365 is a perfect pocket pistol, mine totally disappears in my front jeans pocket. Light enough that I often have to check to see if it’s still there.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 03/10/19
I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun.

I shoot the Sig better. I also have Milt Sparks Criterion holsters for both the 26 and the P365, and the Sig packs much easier and has a slight edge in concealability because of the sloped rear of the slide. I don't find the P365 to meet my criteria for a pocket gun, either, but I can do it with a Boraii Eagle. The 26 never, ever worked in a jeans pocket.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 03/10/19
The 365 fits my hand better, has a great trigger and is a more accurate pistol than any of my gen3 glocks. The sights are real steel, the trigger is much better than any Glock I own. In a kydex cooks holster its more comfortable than a G27, and holds more rounds than the standard g26 magazine.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: The Sig P365 - 03/10/19

Finally got a chance to shoot the 365 today, the wind was howling at 40+ MPH and rain was spitting! I only ended up putting a couple quick mags through it before pulling the plug. Seems like when I'm ready to shoot lately the weather has been lousy.

No troubles of course or I'd tell you. 20 rounds in and she's purring as expected. I think the grip is excellent on it along with the 10 shot mags and night sights. Points and hides like advertised.

Posted By: hikerbum Re: The Sig P365 - 03/10/19

Like me you know WNY weather.... hasn’t been a good day in a while..

Finally got a chance to shoot the 365 today, the wind was howling at 40+ MPH and rain was spitting! I only ended up putting a couple quick mags through it before pulling the plug. Seems like when I'm ready to shoot lately the weather has been lousy.

No troubles of course or I'd tell you. 20 rounds in and she's purring as expected. I think the grip is excellent on it along with the 10 shot mags and night sights. Points and hides like advertised.

Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: The Sig P365 - 03/11/19
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Like me you know WNY weather.... hasn’t been a good day in a while..

I belong to Niagara County Sportsmans Club but always find a reason not to get certified for the indoor range.............dumb I know.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: The Sig P365 - 03/11/19
Everybody needs one.

It's the 6.5 Creedmoor of handguns! grin
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: The Sig P365 - 03/11/19
Originally Posted by jimmyp

Saw one of those sell for $335 at a gun auction a while back. Just shook my head.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: The Sig P365 - 03/13/19
I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun.

I shoot the Sig better. I also have Milt Sparks Criterion holsters for both the 26 and the P365, and the Sig packs much easier and has a slight edge in concealability because of the sloped rear of the slide. I don't find the P365 to meet my criteria for a pocket gun, either, but I can do it with a Boraii Eagle. The 26 never, ever worked in a jeans pocket.

[Linked Image]

Yep, the Sig is ok in a pocket, but compared to something like an LCP, which is a true pocket pistol, the 365 is lacking.

The Sig is nearly double the loaded weight of a loaded LCP, and has a significantly larger footprint. With the Sig, I have to wear the correct pants with good sized pockets, whereas with an LCP or similar pocket pistol I can pocket carry in about anything short of skinny jeans. The Sig also exhibits a lot of flopping around during pocket carry when engaged in activities, such as running or general screwing around. Also, extra mag carry is more of a pain with the Sig than something like an LCP, which fits an extra mag nicely in a watch pocket (I'm left handed so the watch pocket makes a handy extra mag pouch).

I don't find the Sig any easier to carry IWB than a Glock 26. The Sig doesn't print any less, functionally. It still takes a commitment to carry with a big pain in the ass IWB holster. It still takes some sort of cover garment. The Glock with nights sights is just over 3 ounces heavier than the Sig, so not any functionally different in weight. The Glock is slightly wider, but it doesn't much matter - they both take a commitment in clothing and decision to carry.

The Sig carries about like a single stack 9, of which I've gone through a Glock 43, two Shield 9mms, Kahr CM9 (which is probably closest in size to the Sig), and now the Sig. There was a reason I got rid of the single 9s - they didn't functionally carry any better IWB than a Glock 26. The slight addition in thickness just doesn't matter, to me.

The 365 is handy due to fitting 10 rounds into the footprint of the single stacks, and seems to function great. It's a really nice little pistol. But don't be buffaloed into thinking the Sig is magic.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/13/19

I wear regular denim blue jeans and the P365 fades away in the front pocket. What type of weird jeans are you wearing that has too small of front pocket fir the P365?
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: The Sig P365 - 03/13/19

I wear regular denim blue jeans and the P365 fades away in the front pocket. What type of weird jeans are you wearing that has too small of front pocket fir the P365?

Try pocket carrying a G26.....
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: The Sig P365 - 03/13/19
I have been toting mine around for a bit now. Mostly quick runs to town but Saturday I had it in my pocket during a day of house repairs and yesterday for a school field trip.

Carry has been a mix of strongside IWB (clip on kydex holster) and pocket carry (Sticky holster)

I don't consider this a true pocket gun...it is still a bit large and a bit heavy to fall into dedicated pocket-gun territory. After all, loaded with 11 rounds of 115gr ammo, it weighs 24oz. That's 1.5lbs your toting around in a pants pocket. You're dressed very differently than I if you can completely forget you're carrying that much weight in one pocket.

Also, with a pair of regular fit jeans, the butt still prints quite a bit in my pocket. I don't have this problem in cargo shorts or some of my work khakis. For jeans, Levi's seem to fit me the best and offer a good front pocket. I used to wear Wranglers but most of their jeans that I've worn have a very shallow front pocket.

I knew that it was going to be too heavy for dedicated pocket carry when I got it...but I wanted pocket carry as an option. I also wanted something lighter and slightly more compact than what most would call a dedicated EDC gun simply because my common dress when carrying is cargo shorts and a t-shirt. So far, this gun seems to be meeting those two criteria. A Shield or G43 would have worked as well but the P365 won out due to slightly smaller dimensions and greater capacity for essentially the same weight as those two previously mentioned guns (the great sights also played a role).

I still like it even though the wife is calling it "hers" now. I might buy a G42 (also considering a Kahr CW380) and see how it works in the rotation for pocket carry. If Glock's advertised weights are accurate, it should shave about 8ozs off the total package weight (at the cost of capacity and ballistics) while still offering better shootability than a LCP. That may end up being "MY" better pocket pistol...but I'm undecided if I'm going to go down that road yet or not.

Still exploring a couple of other holsters and carry methods before I move to the next toy.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: The Sig P365 - 03/17/19
I found one locally today with a born on date of 3/3/19. Trying to convince myself I don't need a spare.... eek
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/21/19
Oh my goodness, got my hand on one today, what a sweet, sweet little banger, my Wifes going to love it, hell, I may buy two, and one for me. smile
You DO need a spare GW.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 03/21/19
Originally Posted by gunner500
Oh my goodness, got my hand on one today, what a sweet, sweet little banger, my Wifes going to love it, hell, I may buy two, and one for me. smile

You’ll love it Buddy!

You’ll love it Buddy!

Even with that 12 round mag Buddy, talk about a little fist full of "leave me the hell alone" dang!smile
Posted By: BamBam Re: The Sig P365 - 03/21/19

Did you get to shoot one yet? If not, I think you’re gonna love it,It shoots just as well as it feels in the hand.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 03/21/19
my dealer cannot keep them in stock, he says he is not selling many of the g43x or g48, many have seen the light except those poor souls with glockoma.
Originally Posted by BamBam

Did you get to shoot one yet? If not, I think you’re gonna love it,It shoots just as well as it feels in the hand.

No Sir, it was a brand new gun, I bet it shoots beautiful, gun Bud said 5 bills out the door.
Posted By: TWR Re: The Sig P365 - 03/21/19
Glockoma!

A perfect name for those who cannot see.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Sig P365 - 03/22/19

The ease of shooting it and how well it shot really surprised me with the 365. I'm no pistolero though I shoot often enough.....I only expect so much from a small gun. It's a very shootable little package.

Wife usurped mine, which is fine with me....a backup arrived earlier this week. Hopefully it will get a few hundred through it this afternoon.
Posted By: Waders Re: The Sig P365 - 03/22/19
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Saw one of those sell for $335 at a gun auction a while back. Just shook my head.

Yeah the PF9 is for the unsuspecting.

Sig seems to have the P365 all ironed out. I was groping one in the LGS--it was pretty cool, especially knowing that it had 12+1 capacity.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 03/22/19

Yep, until something breaks, putting it out of commission, LOL. grin
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/22/19
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

The ease of shooting it and how well it shot really surprised me with the 365. I'm no pistolero though I shoot often enough.....I only expect so much from a small gun. It's a very shootable little package.

Wife usurped mine, which is fine with me....a backup arrived earlier this week. Hopefully it will get a few hundred through it this afternoon.

LOL, that's the reason I'm shooting for a buy two price out the door. grin
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Sig P365 - 03/22/19
Quantity discount!

Had a Dale Frickie Gideon Elite for it in the mailbox when I got home a little while ago and this little thing is nice and tight in an OWB behind the hip. #2 is about to kill some steel.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Quantity discount!

Had a Dale Frickie Gideon Elite for it in the mailbox when I got home a little while ago and this little thing is nice and tight in an OWB behind the hip. #2 is about to kill some steel.

NICE! have fun, I've been mowing and piling brush all day, damn!

LOL, what's going to be breaking are ink pens over at Glock drawing up blueprints trying to get mag capacity on their mini pistols! laugh
Posted By: BamBam Re: The Sig P365 - 03/22/19

So true isn’t it. LOL.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: The Sig P365 - 03/23/19
I was surprised to see the P365 in stock at Sportsman's Warehouse and my local shop today, as they've been selling briskly. Both had em priced at $499.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: The Sig P365 - 03/24/19
I was surprised to see the P365 in stock at Sportsman's Warehouse and my local shop today, as they've been selling briskly. Both had em priced at $499.

How many did you buy?
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: The Sig P365 - 03/25/19

How many did you buy?

Nada this time around, but I'm considering one.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/25/19
Gun Bud called, P356 and a couple 50 round boxes of 130gr FMJ's, $535 out the door, going to go get it this afternoon, may buy her a box of 135gr Critical Dutys too. smile
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 03/25/19
Someone was offering the P365 for $499.99 plus $16-ish for the 12-round magazine, I think it was SOS, but I can't find it now...good story.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/25/19
Dang, hope you can find it, i questioned gun Bud about 130gr 9mm fmj's, had never heard of that weight, he said yes, fiocchi? and if you'll pick em up you can reload them, brass cases, i'll take two then! smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/26/19
WOW!!!!! degreased, cleaned up and re-oiled with Lucas Extreme, would love to fire it, but will let Wife christen her own pistol. smile

Born on 29 Jan. 2019
Posted By: BamBam Re: The Sig P365 - 03/26/19
Congratulations, you gonna love it , it’s eaten everything I put through it so far 115 124 147 FMJ 124 147 Hollow point. Good luck with it keep us updated.
Thanks BamBam, will do, gun Bud ordered a couple spare 12 round mags for me today, good to hear it's been eating everything fine, I hand cycled both 10 round mags with the 130gr FMJ's, really smooth, didn't hear/feel any sort of hesitations, my Wife had to run down to her sisters unexpectedly this afternoon, seems one of her nieces is about to drop twin pups. grin

She'll be out at the farm to see it tomorrow evening.
When I first got mine I had issues with my right hand thumb riding the slide, figured that out pretty quick got all of that ironed out. Just be aware of that. But I have big hands, not as prevalent with a 12 round mag. I carry it AIWB,For me very comfortable. Twins, ouch :-) that’ll keep you busy :-)
10-4, I learned on my P226 to stay off that slide release, natural to want to park your thumbs there after shooting 1911's for so long, she has small hands and will do fine on the grip alone, have been letting her practice gripping my G21, she's never wanted to put thumbs up top, and HOLY SHEET, them early pups aint minelaugh it's my Wifes sisters daughter that's having them, looks like they're wanting to get started a week or so early ; ]
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/26/19

There is nothing that competes with the P365, for trigger,accuracy, reliability and capacity. I really like mine.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 03/26/19

There is nothing that competes with the P365, for trigger,accuracy, reliability and capacity. I really like mine.

Seriously?? grin
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 03/26/19

Seriously?? grin

It would seem obvious to most that JWP is speaking of a package in that size.

Seriously?? grin

I’m very serious.
Originally Posted by JOG

Seriously?? grin

Exactly
Yeah, it’s pretty bad ass.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: The Sig P365 - 03/26/19
Originally Posted by JOG

Seriously?? grin

Granted, it's the most reliable double stack 9mm that's exactly that size.

15 yards standing

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/26/19
For those that OWN other Sig SA/DA pistols, can you describe the trigger action/crispness please ?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/27/19
Good shooting JWP, that will work! smile

For those that have shot these mini P365's, what are your thoughts of hand loaded 115gr XTP's between 11 and 12 hundred fps for my Wife? do you guys see lighter and faster more snappy, or less overall recoil from being lighter?

I trust the XTP's, not fancy or flashy, but I've never had one fail across the caliber spectrum, and they've always shot plenty accurate for me, Thanks in advance for any info.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/27/19

I would load 124 grain XTP I’m not convinced the 11t’s offer as much.
10-4 Thanks JWP, I'll see how she handles the 130gr fmj factory loads, then chrono two or three, and hand load from there.
I thought I remember a Bud telling me long ago that 115gr XTP was a tough little sombitch, I need to call him tomorrow.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: The Sig P365 - 03/27/19
I thought I remember a Bud telling me long ago that 115gr XTP was a tough little sombitch, I need to call him tomorrow.

He may have been referring to you being the tough SOB. Just a thought...... smile

He may have been referring to you being the tough SOB. Just a thought...... smile

LOL, tough, no, thickheaded HELL YES! grin iirc he said that little bullet dug really deep and held together well, I noticed the 135gr Hornady Critical Duty's being a +P load, may be too much for Wife just getting started.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 03/27/19

For those that have shot these mini P365's, what are your thoughts of hand loaded 115gr XTP's between 11 and 12 hundred fps for my Wife? do you guys see lighter and faster more snappy, or less overall recoil from being lighter?

Just some data points for you based on chrono readings from my gun:
Winchester White Box Factory 115 gr. FMJ, Avg. 1059, H 1099, L 1011, ES 88, SD 29, 10 shots. (I got 100 fps more out of a Gen 4 Glock 19)
Factory Speer standard pressure Gold Dot 124 gr. Avg. 1047, H 1073, L 1015, ES 58, SD 23, 10 shots. (I got 99 fps more out of a Gen 4 Glock 19)
Buffalo Bore 147 grain +P hard cast flat point Outdoorsman, Avg. 1010, H 1035, L 994, ES 40, SD 11.8, 10 shots. (I got 1058 out of a Gen 4 Glock 19)

I also chronographed some Sellier and Belllot 115 FMJ in a different 365 and got Avg 1125, H 1143, L 1107, ES 36, SD 14.9, 5 shots. 124 Gold Dots and 115 Winchester White box chronographed about 10 fps higher than my gun.

I don't really see the need to hot rod the gun. But, that's just me.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 03/27/19
SIG as they always do, releases a gun that is almost ready and then allows the customers to do the beta research. The striker broke in several guns, they fixed that problem and you don't hear anymore about it. I know of two of the guns that the striker broke in, so there was a real concern, one guy said he dry fired his a million times and then on firing the pistol it broke but that's just his story the broken striker was real. I bought one shot it 500 or so times and put in a LS striker, the gun now has north of 1300 rounds thru it, I have had a couple of failures to lock the slide back by riding the slide release with my thumb, and one WW white box 115 grain practice ammo round that did not go off when it was struck, fired the second time. There is nothing that glock makes that compares in size or performance to this gun. Granted I still have glocks and daily consider another glock because of the unique characteristics of the glock. However as a 9mm carry piece there just is no comparison, 13 rounds in a very small and accurate pistol, that for me points more naturally than a glock and fits my hand fine. Like I have said before I sold my 9mm shield, and my glock 43 and bought two of these P365's. The glock story is fine when you into a larger pistol or into their 10mm pistols, for a compact ccw the glocks just cannot compete. If glock wanted to do something new, a thinner framed 20 sized 10mm would be cool

Just some data points for you based on chrono readings from my gun:
Winchester White Box Factory 115 gr. FMJ, Avg. 1059, H 1099, L 1011, ES 88, SD 29, 10 shots. (I got 100 fps more out of a Gen 4 Glock 19)
Factory Speer standard pressure Gold Dot 124 gr. Avg. 1047, H 1073, L 1015, ES 58, SD 23, 10 shots. (I got 99 fps more out of a Gen 4 Glock 19)
Buffalo Bore 147 grain +P hard cast flat point Outdoorsman, Avg. 1010, H 1035, L 994, ES 40, SD 11.8, 10 shots. (I got 1058 out of a Gen 4 Glock 19)

I also chronographed some Sellier and Belllot 115 FMJ in a different 365 and got Avg 1125, H 1143, L 1107, ES 36, SD 14.9, 5 shots. 124 Gold Dots and 115 Winchester White box chronographed about 10 fps higher than my gun.

I don't really see the need to hot rod the gun. But, that's just me.

Thanks Cheyenne, those are some good numbers, I noticed the 115's ran 1200 fps on Hodgdons website with a max charge of Longshot, most likely from a longer barrel that Wife's P365, I'll settle on 1050 with it or the 124gr XPT's, she should be able to handle either.
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 03/27/19
SIG as they always do, releases a gun that is almost ready and then allows the customers to do the beta research.

I don't buy that, not that it matters. The internet thing has a lot to do with all the hysteria and every manufacturer has had to deal with it. I do fault Sig for the release of their 1911 years ago. They used a lot of subcontractor parts that had quality, but the chance of the parts interacting was indeed a chance.
Posted By: Yondering Re: The Sig P365 - 03/27/19
Originally Posted by JOG
SIG as they always do, releases a gun that is almost ready and then allows the customers to do the beta research.

I don't buy that, not that it matters. The internet thing has a lot to do with all the hysteria and every manufacturer has had to deal with it. I do fault Sig for the release of their 1911 years ago. They used a lot of subcontractor parts that had quality, but the chance of the parts interacting was indeed a chance.

Sig has done what jimmy described with every firearm they've released in the past 10 years, not just the 1911. The Sig fanboys deny it, but it's pretty plain to see for anyone who's been paying attention. A lot of companies do the same to some degree, but Sig has been pretty consistent about it.
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by JOG

Sig has done what jimmy described with every firearm they've released in the past 10 years, not just the 1911. The Sig fanboys deny it, but it's pretty plain to see for anyone who's been paying attention. A lot of companies do the same to some degree, but Sig has been pretty consistent about it.

Apparently everyone is a fanboy of something.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
Can’t speak for every sig but I bought a Sig 1911 Ultra compact .45 (2015 I think) and literally have never had a problem. Shoots everything I’ve put thru it including Fed Hydrashoks.
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Can’t speak for every sig but I bought a Sig 1911 Ultra compact .45 (2015 I think) and literally have never had a problem. Shoots everything I’ve put thru it including Fed Hydrashoks.

Sig 1911's were introduced in 2006 (I think) and the problems were sorted out fairly quickly. You missed it by nine years or so. wink
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
Same with my P226 tac ops 40 cal, that sombitch would probably eat railroad spikes, it's a damn dependable pistol.

Edited to say, so was the old P239 9mm I had years ago, it never did anything but went BOOM! smile
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19

LOL, tough, no, thickheaded HELL YES! grin iirc he said that little bullet dug really deep and held together well, I noticed the 135gr Hornady Critical Duty's being a +P load, may be too much for Wife just getting started.

Jerry, I’m carrying the Speer 124 gr Gold Dot +p load in my P365. It’s been my 9mm carry load for years when I carry a 9mm. Put a sick cow down with it several years ago when all I had with me that day was my Glock 19. It exited the skull from front to back and put her lights out instantly.
Damn, 10-4 CHLI, Thanks for that, the 124gr GD's will certainly be looked at, I know the 230's at 966 fps are dirty rotten SOBS in the 45 ACP, they tear chit up! smile
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
For those that OWN other Sig SA/DA pistols, can you describe the trigger action/crispness please ?

Guess not ?

Guess not ?

EXCELLENT trigger!
Damn, 10-4 CHLI, Thanks for that, the 124gr GD's will certainly be looked at, I know the 230's at 966 fps are dirty rotten SOBS in the 45 ACP, they tear chit up! smile

Yep. I like em(45 230gr) in my 1911’s too ! 🤠

Guess not ?

EXCELLENT trigger!

Yup, guessing DA about 10lbs, SA less than three, with very short crisp reset on my P226.

Yep. I like em(45 230gr) in my 1911’s too ! 🤠

cool
I'm going to have to buy my own P365 CHLI, got two of the 12 round mags from gun Bud today, slipped one in Wifes pistol, damn, it felt great, and now three more 12 round mags on the way from Osage County Guns, buy three and you get free shipping, for 36 bucks apiece a man can't go wrong.
I'm going to have to buy my own P365 CHLI, got two of the 12 round mags from gun Bud today, slipped one in Wifes pistol, damn, it felt great, and now three more 12 round mags on the way from Osage County Guns, buy three and you get free shipping, for 36 bucks apiece a man can't go wrong.

LOL.
Figured you’d like the wife’s so much you’d end up with one! I sure like mine! I’ll probably end up buying me a spare one pretty soon. 🤠
I'm going to make damn sure she can learn to shoot this pistol well, if she can't, i'll usurp it! wink
I'm going to make damn sure she can learn to shoot this pistol well, if she can't, i'll usurp it! wink

Heck yeah!!!
Posted By: JGray Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
Damn this thread - y'all are a bunch of enablers grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NVhntr Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
You'll love it.
Now you just need a couple of 12 round mags.
And don't let the wife or girlfriend shoot it or you may have to buy another. grin
Posted By: JGray Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
Just ordered one, probably should have ordered two...
Posted By: 41magfan Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19

I finally got to shoot one a few weeks ago (not my gun) ... I did a walk-back drill shooting 5 rds @ the 3,5,7,10,15 & 25 yard line (30 rds total). I think the little gun has potential.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BamBam Re: The Sig P365 - 03/28/19
Originally Posted by JGray

[Linked Image]

Congratulations, fantastic firearm,Enjoy.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19
Originally Posted by JGray

[Linked Image]

LOL, welcome to the club JGray, these guys around here caused me to do they same! smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19
Originally Posted by 41magfan

I finally got to shoot one a few weeks ago (not my gun) ... I did a walk-back drill shooting 5 rds @ the 3,5,7,10,15 & 25 yard line (30 rds total). I think the little gun has potential.

[Linked Image]

I'd say so, damn good shooting 41! cool
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19
I did an awful lot of reading on the Sig forum last night, and they are still talking a lot of chiit on the 365...from jamming, failure to return to battery, trigger(smooth but no wall).

I'll have to shoot one before I decide to add it to the herd.
Posted By: Yondering Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19
I did an awful lot of reading on the Sig forum last night, and they are still talking a lot of chiit on the 365...from jamming, failure to return to battery, trigger(smooth but no wall).

That's not good news if even the die hard Sig fans are talking bad about it.

I'd been hearing most of the bugs were worked out recently, and have been starting to think about picking one up. Still don't have much interest in being a test mule for Sig though; not on a carry gun like that.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19

I'd been hearing most of the bugs were worked out recently, and have been starting to think about picking one up. Still don't have much interest in being a test mule for Sig though; not on a carry gun like that.

Good maybe they’ll drop the price and I can buy another at a reduction.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19

I don't like beta testing for manufacturers. But, I also like trying new technology. I waited what I considered to be sufficiently long before jumping on the bandwagon. I am glad that I jumped. Now, I wish that Sig would come out with a lighter, trimmed down version in .380 that would incorporate the same trigger.

The biggest problem with forum posts is deciphering the build date on the guns about which people are complaining. The complaints have really died down on recent guns.
Posted By: Yondering Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19
I'll probably try to pick one up before June (WA state has some crazy new gun laws going into effect then, probably won't buy much for a while after that). The bugs may or may not be all worked out, but they seem worth a try and there are enough Sig fans to dump it on if it doesn't work out.

I like trying new tech too, but not in something I'm going to stake my life on. If this was a new target gun, no problem. For a carry gun, which is purely what the 365 is, I'm a bit more dubious. But I'd rarely carry it anyway since I already carry a G19.
I'll have to put at least 1,000 rounds or more through one of these before I trust it, given their history, but that'll only take a month or so. I get the impression most 365 owners are not doing that many rounds with these.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19
I have two of them, and may buy 3, but first I am looking at a glock 20 as a western backpacking gun.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/29/19
I love mine and I carry it everyday. I hope yonderling never buys one.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19
I am betting my life and the lives of others on the P365 already. The gun has been well vetted, though. The chances of it failing in the next 10, or even 30, rounds are really, really low, and I am more than willing to take that risk.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19
I am betting my life and the lives of others on the P365 already. The gun has been well vetted, though. The chances of it failing in the next 10, or even 30, rounds are really, really low, and I am more than willing to take that risk.

Me too. Love mine!
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19

I scrolled back 2-months on the 'Sig Pistols" forum and the only problem I saw was a thread started back in December about problems with a P365 born in 3/2018. Lots of complimentary posts and I got bored.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19
I had one when they were first introduced. Shot it several times and the only issue I had was the slide failed to lock back twice on an empty mag. We’ve sold a ton of them. Several guys love them and have seen zero issues. We’ve also seen some guns with issues. I honestly don’t think they’re trouble free yet. Not all guns, just a few with kinks. Not a basher by any means, but they’re definitely not all trouble free.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19
Originally Posted by JOG

I scrolled back 2-months on the 'Sig Pistols" forum and the only problem I saw was a thread started back in December about problems with a P365 born in 3/2018. Lots of complimentary posts and I got bored.

That's what I was thinking, the one I just got Wife was born on 29 Jan. 2019, also have to wonder if any of the unsatisfied owners completely stripped the crap factory oil, completely cleaned and oiled them with something with excellent lubricity qualities like Lucas Extreme.

I foresee exactly zero issues with this new pistol, i'll run the hell out of it to be sure before I turn it over to Wife to carry.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19
Originally Posted by JOG

It's loaded with complaints in the SIG 365 section, especially the "range reports"...I'm a huge Sig fan, I wouldn't bs about it.
Posted By: JOG Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19
Ok, part of my confusion the is "Sig forum" you mention is a significant website and you're actually referring to Sig Talk which is entirely different (a search using the terms you mention got me there). Anyway, I scrolled the thread you mention and there's around 25 posts this year and all of them positive. The bulk of the complaints from last year deal with the early pistols. Check the dates of what you're looking at and shoot for a born on date of June 2018 or later.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19

Me too. Love mine!

Originally Posted by JOG

That’s because you guys have a brain and are leaders instead of followers. SALUTE!
Posted By: BamBam Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19
I have absolutely no reservations sticking my P365 in my waistband. It has been a very reliable and accurate firearms for me. I shoot it accurately consistently. 13 rounds in that small of a package completely blows my mind.
I have absolutely no reservations sticking my P365 in my waistband. It has been a very reliable and accurate firearms for me. I shoot it accurately consistently. 13 rounds in that small of a package completely blows my mind.

Your points are obvious to anyone with a brain, apparently some are obvious to this
Posted By: jimmyp Re: The Sig P365 - 03/30/19

Your points are obvious to anyone with a brain, apparently some are oblivious to this

spell check screwed your comment. Oblivious =
not aware of or not concerned about what is happening around one.

Your points are obvious to anyone with a brain, apparently some are oblivious to this

spell check screwed your comment. Oblivious =
not aware of or not concerned about what is happening around one.

I know exactly what oblivious means. As I said some are oblivious to the obvious
Posted By: mini14jac Re: The Sig P365 - 03/31/19
Getting close to 400 rounds through my Oct. 2018 gun.
No issues at all.

Am getting ready to sell the wife's Glock 42 because she can't consistently grip it well enough to keep it running.
FTF jam, or oddly enough, a fired round ejects but the chamber is left empty???? eek

When I shoot the G42, even if I try to limp wrist it with one hand, it runs just fine, so the problem is not the gun.

I decided to let her shoot the P365.
First I had her shoot it with one hand and try to hold it loosely.
No jams at all.
Then I had here shoot a few more mags with a two handed grip.
Not only did the P365 perform flawlessly, but she is a stone cold shot with it.
She didn't think the recoil was bad, and it didn't hurt her hand.

I guess I've got to get another one. shocked
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 04/01/19
Chronoed some of the factory 130gr fmj's over the weekend, they ran 1037 fps from the little P365, Wife shot and handled them well, so did the pistol, that tells me I can load her a 124gr XTP to 1050-1100 fps and she'll be GTG, iirc that's a pretty tough bullet that penetrates very well.

I burned through the rest of two boxes, used all five 12 round and both 10 round mags, no failures of any kind, pistol shot to center, and like my P226 40, you need to put the circle in the front sight where you want the bullet to land, the only hesitations I had running the pistol was hitting the mag release button, couldn't get enough of my hand off the grip so it could drop free, gonna have to yank em out, truth be told, after the initial 13 rounds I figure a reload in a defensive situation is highly unlikely.

If it is, i'll yank, reload, and hope for the best.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: The Sig P365 - 04/01/19
the only hesitations I had running the pistol was hitting the mag release button, couldn't get enough of my hand off the grip so it could drop free, gonna have to yank em out,

Mere mortals don't have this issue. Did you beat the Hulk in that arm wrestling match the other day? cool
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
the only hesitations I had running the pistol was hitting the mag release button, couldn't get enough of my hand off the grip so it could drop free, gonna have to yank em out,

Mere mortals don't have this issue. Did you beat the Hulk in that arm wrestling match the other day? cool

LOL, what you talking about SOTG? last time I arm wrestled was ten years ago, grin BTW I shook your hand at the TGS, it aint little either ; ]
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: The Sig P365 - 04/01/19
Just the rumor I heard. I think you could take him. whistle

Wanenmacher is next weekend I do believe.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 04/01/19
Chronoed some of the factory 130gr fmj's over the weekend, they ran 1037 fps from the little P365, Wife shot and handled them well, so did the pistol, that tells me I can load her a 124gr XTP to 1050-1100 fps and she'll be GTG, iirc that's a pretty tough bullet that penetrates very well.

I burned through the rest of two boxes, used all five 12 round and both 10 round mags, no failures of any kind, pistol shot to center, and like my P226 40, you need to put the circle in the front sight where you want the bullet to land, the only hesitations I had running the pistol was hitting the mag release button, couldn't get enough of my hand off the grip so it could drop free, gonna have to yank em out, truth be told, after the initial 13 rounds I figure a reload in a defensive situation is highly unlikely.

Glad you liked it Buddy! And like you said, seriously doubt you’ll need a reload after 13 rounds. And not everyone’s hands are as big as yours. 🤠
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Just the rumor I heard. I think you could take him. whistle

Wanenmacher is next weekend I do believe.

LOL, I doubt it, i'm all natural, hulks a walking hgh laboratory, I need to try and shake loose for the show, was covered up again last weekend and couldn't run off and go shooting with TWR and his crew. mad

Glad you liked it Buddy! And like you said, seriously doubt you’ll need a reload after 13 rounds. And not everyone’s hands are as big as yours. 🤠

It's a real sweetie CHLI, in case anyone needs some heavy for a mono in 9mm load data, I put together a real easy load with the 125gr Barnes TAC-HP, 5 grains of Longshot booted that long slug outta that small pistol at 1050 fps, lit with a CCI small pistol mag primer in once fired Fiocchi? brass, col was an easy to get 1.135 inch, ran through the gun slick as a whistle.

Were I to carry those myself I'd bump em up to 1100+ fps and make damn sure they open in a variety of test media here at the house.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 04/03/19
What a blast! 5.5grs Lonshot sent the long 125gr Barnes TAC-HP's to 1102 fps, that's 150+ fps over what Ty at Barnes told me they need to reliably open, i'll check to verify, COL of 1.125" for added clearance, I need one of those newfangled maglulu's? or some such, damn skinny bullets will wear a furrow in the middle of your thumb! grin

Last three rounds in a nice triangle snuff can group offhand at 10 yards, plenty good enough if the bullet will open, brass in a nice pile 4 yards off my right shoulder, GTG! I'm really liking this little pistol, have all five 12 round mags fully loaded, trying to see of they'll take a spring set and fail, betting they wont.
Posted By: JGray Re: The Sig P365 - 04/03/19
What a blast! 5.5grs Lonshot sent the long 125gr Barnes TAC-HP's to 1102 fps, that's 150+ fps over what Ty at Barnes told me they need to reliably open, i'll check to verify, COL of 1.125" for added clearance, I need one of those newfangled maglulu's? or some such, damn skinny bullets will wear a furrow in the middle of your thumb! grin

Last three rounds in a nice triangle snuff can group offhand at 10 yards, plenty good enough if the bullet will open, brass in a nice pile 4 yards off my right shoulder, GTG! I'm really liking this little pistol, have all five 12 round mags fully loaded, trying to see of they'll take a spring set and fail, betting they wont.

That sounds great! Where'd you buy your 12 round mags from? I ordered one from Atlanta Tactical last week - with no action on my order since I placed it, I'm getting the feeling they may not have them in stock but charged my CC anyway. I ordered another one from SWFA last night...
Osage County Guns for 36 bucks each, buy three and you get free shipping, best hurry JGray
Posted By: JGray Re: The Sig P365 - 04/03/19
Thank you sir!
You're most welcome Neighbor. smile they also sell the p365 pistols for 5 bills, no tax, shipping, or cc fees. I need to grab another one.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: The Sig P365 - 04/05/19
Just purchased on from Osage if Gunner likes it that's all I need to know. Be carrying a LCR .38 special for everyday I'll give this a run and see if it becomes the new "one"
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 04/06/19
Thanks for that vote of confidence Dan, fwiw, I now have around 400 rounds through Wifes P365, factory 130gr fmj's, 115 and 124 XTP's, and the 125gr Barnes', all but the fmj's loaded with Lonshot and without any hiccups, mags are running perfect, had Wife order me a Maglula online this morning, she's really getting good at running the pistol, she keeps that up and i'll be calling Osage to get my very own P365.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The Sig P365 - 04/06/19
Thanks for that vote of confidence Dan, fwiw, I now have around 400 rounds through Wifes P365, factory 130gr fmj's, 115 and 124 XTP's, and the 125gr Barnes', all but the fmj's loaded with Lonshot and without any hiccups, mags are running perfect, had Wife order me a Maglula online this morning, she's really getting good at running the pistol, she keeps that up and i'll be calling Osage to get my very own P365.

That’s good to here Buddy! Figured she’d like it too! She’ll soon be a well armed Mama!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The Sig P365 - 04/06/19
You bet CHLI, talk about a woman with tiny fists full of leave me the fu-k alone, they got it! grin I told an old buddy that about the 22LR, he was scoffing about it, I said look dork, if you don't think a woman tattooing your ass with 11 rounds of 22LR wont change your immediate plans you've picked the wrong week to stop huffing paint, AGAIN, after a bit of thought, he agreed, the P365 will be that, plus two more rounds of a hell of a lot more.
© 24hourcampfire