Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sarge your forgetting that dangerously high bore axis.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Dangerous? How? Just less than ideal and not preferable when better options exist.

But, once again, the P365 seems to have the issue to a lesser degree than their standard, service sized, handguns.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Dangerous? How? Just less than ideal and not preferable when better options exist.

But, once again, the P365 seems to have the issue to a lesser degree than their standard, service sized, handguns.

Sarcasm, look it up

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have not fingered a 365 yet but that will change. I know I don't like the Shield.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And for conversation, I currently carry a LC9 in my front pocket.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Steelhead
And for conversation, I currently carry a LC9 in my front pocket.

In all honesty, my ‘primary’ concealed piece is the same 642 that I’ve had ‘forever’.

I probably won’t pick up a 365 simply because I have an ‘extra’ 320 that I can dump in a compact module. That could conceals well for me and all my mags work.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options.

Holster opinions might be more varied than the pistol itself, but such a small and light pistol has the P365 doesn't need much. My first choice would be to cheap out with Kydex at Concealment Express.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Picked it up last night and had thirty minutes to stop by the indoor range before taking my parents to dinner.

I like the grip much better than the G26 with the Pierce extension or X-Grip, flatter on the back, no fingergrooves and I can drop the mag without changing my grip and that is not the case with the 26, 19 and 20. Sights suck and those need to be replaced for sure. The trigger felt fine but I am going to do the .25 cent trigger job and for now shoot it.

[Linked Image]

21' on top, 10' in the center and 45' on the bottom, 10 rounds except for the bottom that are 9 rounds.

[Linked Image]

Dave

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks everyone.

I went ahead and picked the pistol up today. I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options. I picked up a Sticky holster to get me started but already know that won't be a long term situation.

I appreciate everyone's comments and opinions.

It should certainly be easier to carry than the 43X, and I hope the accuracy meets your expectations.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Picked up a 365 today. November born on date. LGS has em for $499 amd the 12 rd mags for $40 so got that also.

So far 50 rounds through it.

My initial take..

1. Mags are hard to load.
2. Shoots good
3. 10 rd mag it too small for my hands.
4. Had some loading issues. Though this may be attributed to cheap a$s steel ammo

I wanna like it.

Size is nice. I’ll compare it to the 42,43, shield, cw9, cm9 i have.

I have broken in 2 kahr cw9 and a cm9 with the steel case ammo, so that ammo works in those.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice Dave, if you have time snap a picture of family, are using the 43 with an extension?

Loading as in rounds fitting the mag?

Dave

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JOG
I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options.

Holster opinions might be more varied than the pistol itself, but such a small and light pistol has the P365 doesn't need much. My first choice would be to cheap out with Kydex at Concealment Express.

I am a bit intrigued by a front pocket kydex holster from Alabama Holster. Seeing Hickock using them got me curious. They're just a few miles over from me so I might stop by their shop and check them out.

Playing with that Sticky holster and a pair of my commonly worn shorts is showing promise. It disappears in my pocket well and doing some yardwork with it has shown it is NOT burdensome or annoying. Forgot it was there often. I do think a kydex holster would cut down on some of the bulk that this padded holster adds which would be another win.

Shot a box of 50 through it this afternoon. Very manageable recoil. Although, even with the pinky extension mag, my big hands still make this a 2-finger grip. But, its manageable. No intention of going with the 12 round mags right now. Adding size is the opposite of my intentions with this one.

I have not checked accuracy on paper and not sure I will. Mostly screwing around with resilient rubber targets and a few steel plates. Accuracy is plenty fine for my purposes with this gun.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Dave, I definitely agree with the difficulty loading mags. Especially those last couple. I might look into one of those Uplulas (or whatever they are called).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an Alabama pocket holster for a Glock 42. My P365 fits in it, but stretches it slightly. It is a good holster. My only complaint is that the curvature at the bottom could be made more shallow, which would increase concealment. I also prefer to free the gun from the holster by using my grip fingers to push off the base rather than use the thumb push-off. I could live without the thumb part.

I also have a Boraii Eagle for the P365 which works fine. It has no curve at the bottom, which conceals it better in a pocket. A smidgen of curve might be better.

Many will take a hair dryer to these types of holsters to deal with curvature issues.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loading, i meant as in cycling.

50 more rounds. No trouble with those.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All I use are Uplula speed loaders, I jack my thumbs up enough working in cold weather....and they're waaay faster.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cw9, cm9, 365
[Linked Image]

Cm9 and 365. Cm9 is smaller.

[Linked Image]y

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check out the Fusion holsters. I picked up an IWB for my 365 and I like it. They have an innovative clip they call the Utiliclip system rather than a standard belt clip. It clips to your pants like a suspender clip would so you can go with or without a belt. It is also less obvious than a belt clip since it attaches under the belt.

Fusion Holsters

[Linked Image]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I might look into one of those Uplulas (or whatever they are called).

Makes loading that last round oh so easy compared to thumbing it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I might look into one of those Uplulas (or whatever they are called).

Makes loading that last round oh so easy compared to thumbing it.

You fugk sticks need to buy some Wheaties.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (160user, 12344mag, 338rcm, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 28 invisible), 1,181 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,442
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.