Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'll be picking one up on Tuesday. Hopefully it purrs along like all yours.........

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I'll be picking one up on Tuesday. Hopefully it purrs along like all yours.........

If it had a smooth introduction, I'd have bought one after a year. Due to its having had a very rough introduction, I'll wait another year or two. If it can pick up a couple of years with a reputation for being a problem-free gun throughout, then I'll pick one up too.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If it had a smooth introduction, I'd have bought one after a year. Due to its having had a very rough introduction, I'll wait another year or two. If it can pick up a couple of years with a reputation for being a problem-free gun throughout, then I'll pick one up too.

I'm thinking this model may be getting more "year's worth of use" by the general public in less time than most guns. A lot of people are buying them and a lot of people are shooting them. The one I purchased had a February born on date and the shop owner told me he'd requested 10 but only received the one because of demand.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm approaching 2000 rounds through mine, manufactured late June 2018. This pistol is carried daily, both off duty and as an on duty back up. Wonderful little gun in my opinion.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've had a P365 for a few weeks and a couple hundred rounds. Nice pistol, functions great. As of now, it won't be replacing my Glock 26, for several reasons. I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun. I like the 365, but it will probably go down the road if something new and sparkly catches my eye.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I've had a P365 for a few weeks and a couple hundred rounds. Nice pistol, functions great. As of now, it won't be replacing my Glock 26, for several reasons. I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun. I like the 365, but it will probably go down the road if something new and sparkly catches my eye.

The Sig P365 is a perfect pocket pistol, mine totally disappears in my front jeans pocket. Light enough that I often have to check to see if it’s still there.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun.

I shoot the Sig better. I also have Milt Sparks Criterion holsters for both the 26 and the P365, and the Sig packs much easier and has a slight edge in concealability because of the sloped rear of the slide. I don't find the P365 to meet my criteria for a pocket gun, either, but I can do it with a Boraii Eagle. The 26 never, ever worked in a jeans pocket.

[Linked Image]

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The 365 fits my hand better, has a great trigger and is a more accurate pistol than any of my gen3 glocks. The sights are real steel, the trigger is much better than any Glock I own. In a kydex cooks holster its more comfortable than a G27, and holds more rounds than the standard g26 magazine.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Finally got a chance to shoot the 365 today, the wind was howling at 40+ MPH and rain was spitting! I only ended up putting a couple quick mags through it before pulling the plug. Seems like when I'm ready to shoot lately the weather has been lousy.

No troubles of course or I'd tell you. 20 rounds in and she's purring as expected. I think the grip is excellent on it along with the 10 shot mags and night sights. Points and hides like advertised.

Last edited by Lawdwaz; 03/10/19.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Like me you know WNY weather.... hasn’t been a good day in a while..

Finally got a chance to shoot the 365 today, the wind was howling at 40+ MPH and rain was spitting! I only ended up putting a couple quick mags through it before pulling the plug. Seems like when I'm ready to shoot lately the weather has been lousy.

No troubles of course or I'd tell you. 20 rounds in and she's purring as expected. I think the grip is excellent on it along with the 10 shot mags and night sights. Points and hides like advertised.

Last edited by hikerbum; 03/10/19.
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Like me you know WNY weather.... hasn’t been a good day in a while..

I belong to Niagara County Sportsmans Club but always find a reason not to get certified for the indoor range.............dumb I know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everybody needs one.

It's the 6.5 Creedmoor of handguns! grin

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
my loaner gun is a keltec PF9, it always gets returned

Saw one of those sell for $335 at a gun auction a while back. Just shook my head.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I shoot the 26 better, and the 26 takes the higher capacity Glock mags as backup. The Sig doesn't functionally conceal or carry any better than the Glock when packed IWB, while not being small enough or light enough to really work well as a pocket gun.

I shoot the Sig better. I also have Milt Sparks Criterion holsters for both the 26 and the P365, and the Sig packs much easier and has a slight edge in concealability because of the sloped rear of the slide. I don't find the P365 to meet my criteria for a pocket gun, either, but I can do it with a Boraii Eagle. The 26 never, ever worked in a jeans pocket.

[Linked Image]

Yep, the Sig is ok in a pocket, but compared to something like an LCP, which is a true pocket pistol, the 365 is lacking.

The Sig is nearly double the loaded weight of a loaded LCP, and has a significantly larger footprint. With the Sig, I have to wear the correct pants with good sized pockets, whereas with an LCP or similar pocket pistol I can pocket carry in about anything short of skinny jeans. The Sig also exhibits a lot of flopping around during pocket carry when engaged in activities, such as running or general screwing around. Also, extra mag carry is more of a pain with the Sig than something like an LCP, which fits an extra mag nicely in a watch pocket (I'm left handed so the watch pocket makes a handy extra mag pouch).

I don't find the Sig any easier to carry IWB than a Glock 26. The Sig doesn't print any less, functionally. It still takes a commitment to carry with a big pain in the ass IWB holster. It still takes some sort of cover garment. The Glock with nights sights is just over 3 ounces heavier than the Sig, so not any functionally different in weight. The Glock is slightly wider, but it doesn't much matter - they both take a commitment in clothing and decision to carry.

The Sig carries about like a single stack 9, of which I've gone through a Glock 43, two Shield 9mms, Kahr CM9 (which is probably closest in size to the Sig), and now the Sig. There was a reason I got rid of the single 9s - they didn't functionally carry any better IWB than a Glock 26. The slight addition in thickness just doesn't matter, to me.

The 365 is handy due to fitting 10 rounds into the footprint of the single stacks, and seems to function great. It's a really nice little pistol. But don't be buffaloed into thinking the Sig is magic.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I wear regular denim blue jeans and the P365 fades away in the front pocket. What type of weird jeans are you wearing that has too small of front pocket fir the P365?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

I wear regular denim blue jeans and the P365 fades away in the front pocket. What type of weird jeans are you wearing that has too small of front pocket fir the P365?

Try pocket carrying a G26.....

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I have been toting mine around for a bit now. Mostly quick runs to town but Saturday I had it in my pocket during a day of house repairs and yesterday for a school field trip.

Carry has been a mix of strongside IWB (clip on kydex holster) and pocket carry (Sticky holster)

I don't consider this a true pocket gun...it is still a bit large and a bit heavy to fall into dedicated pocket-gun territory. After all, loaded with 11 rounds of 115gr ammo, it weighs 24oz. That's 1.5lbs your toting around in a pants pocket. You're dressed very differently than I if you can completely forget you're carrying that much weight in one pocket.

Also, with a pair of regular fit jeans, the butt still prints quite a bit in my pocket. I don't have this problem in cargo shorts or some of my work khakis. For jeans, Levi's seem to fit me the best and offer a good front pocket. I used to wear Wranglers but most of their jeans that I've worn have a very shallow front pocket.

I knew that it was going to be too heavy for dedicated pocket carry when I got it...but I wanted pocket carry as an option. I also wanted something lighter and slightly more compact than what most would call a dedicated EDC gun simply because my common dress when carrying is cargo shorts and a t-shirt. So far, this gun seems to be meeting those two criteria. A Shield or G43 would have worked as well but the P365 won out due to slightly smaller dimensions and greater capacity for essentially the same weight as those two previously mentioned guns (the great sights also played a role).

I still like it even though the wife is calling it "hers" now. I might buy a G42 (also considering a Kahr CW380) and see how it works in the rotation for pocket carry. If Glock's advertised weights are accurate, it should shave about 8ozs off the total package weight (at the cost of capacity and ballistics) while still offering better shootability than a LCP. That may end up being "MY" better pocket pistol...but I'm undecided if I'm going to go down that road yet or not.

Still exploring a couple of other holsters and carry methods before I move to the next toy.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I found one locally today with a born on date of 3/3/19. Trying to convince myself I don't need a spare.... eek

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Oh my goodness, got my hand on one today, what a sweet, sweet little banger, my Wifes going to love it, hell, I may buy two, and one for me. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You DO need a spare GW.

Trump Won!
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (10gaugemag, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 33 invisible), 1,780 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.