Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Waders
Where I became suspicious of the 365 was Sig's way of handling the matter. Their gun had issues yet Sig claimed everything was fine, right up to the point where they stopped production in order to fix them.

So you settled on Glock...for their honesty?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
Where I became suspicious of the 365 was Sig's way of handling the matter. Their gun had issues yet Sig claimed everything was fine, right up to the point where they stopped production in order to fix them.

lol....they all the the same chiit when there are problems, Remington did it for years too. I'm a big Sig fan, but even the comments in this thread has pushed me further away from the 365.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG

LOL! NO! We settled on Glocks, because at the time of our decision they functioned well.

Sig's handling of the P365 was bad--nobody I know disputes that. That caused me to be leery. Some consumer reports were good and some bad. Who knew what to believe. In the midst of that, when the manufacturer is lying about what's going on, that causes me concern. I just don't like it when somebody pees on my leg and tells me it's raining.

At one point, I wanted a 365 just because--I had the cabbage in my pocket and thought it'd be fun. However, given the issues, coupled with Sig's response, I decided to wait. That's all. If I ever decided to replace my Kahr, the 365 is now at the top of the list. I just don't see myself buying one any time soon. (Of course, my "want list" changes daily...)

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quite a few complaints here about the size of the grip on the P365 using the standard 10 round mags, but if you use the 12 round mags (which admittedly are not cheap) there is no problem getting a full three fingers on the grip.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I generally don't buy small guns with the intention of making them bigger with longer magazines and pinky extensions.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
guns are personal decisions, the ability to produce the weapon and shoot it reasonably well makes more difference than anything you find on the internets, as everybody is always selling something and everybody is always smarter than the next guy. Like my hunting buddy says the first liars always lose as the night progresses and the whiskey flows. I can produce the P365 pretty quickly from a cooks holster and fire reasonably with it, better than a G43, or shield, or g27 of which I recently sold. At distance I can hit a softball at 20 yards pretty easy. It has not locked back a few times due to my grip, it has a LS striker in it, and it is my go to carry gun.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I generally don't buy small guns with the intention of making them bigger with longer magazines and pinky extensions.

+1

I carry mine with the flush 10 round mag in the pistol and a 12 round spare.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I'm all for the flexibility in modifying the grip length or reach to suit my whims.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
there are just too many things wrong with the gun! First it holds 13 rounds, second it has the darn High Bore Axis disease, then the darngrip angle is wrong! The 20 year old glock 19 pictured is where technology stopped as it had been perfected.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think Sig improved their bore axis issue with the P365 by a significant degree vs the the P320 or any of their service sized, hammer fired, pistols.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Bore axis.............drink!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks everyone.

I went ahead and picked the pistol up today. I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options. I picked up a Sticky holster to get me started but already know that won't be a long term situation.

I appreciate everyone's comments and opinions.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I think Sig improved their bore axis issue with the P365 by a significant degree vs the the P320 or any of their service sized, hammer fired, pistols.

Issue for you, not others.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Thanks everyone.

I went ahead and picked the pistol up today. I am going to see how it shoots this weekend then start exploring holster options. I picked up a Sticky holster to get me started but already know that won't be a long term situation.

Good choice. I know of 9 P365s being carried without problems.

Best ergonomics other than a 1911 I've experienced in a CCW pistol. No question it's a significant tactical advantage combining great concealability, high capacity and an effective SD cartridge. Trigger, sights and accuracy work well for the purpose the pistol is intended.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Every weapon platform is a tool. Just as a Big Hammer is not the only tool in the toolbox, neither are handguns.

I typically carry handguns for the situation I will be in. In the field, I have S&W Mountain guns that serve me well. For random CCW usage I carry several, but find myself gravitating to either a Les Baer 1911, or a G19.

For work in an office environment, where maximum discretion is desired, I carry a Sig P365. A role it fills very well!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Thanks everyone.

Will be interested in how you like it after shooting a bit. I'll either be getting one of these or a G43 soon. Have owned a Shield for several years and it has been reliable but there's something about it I just don't care much for....

Specs and #'s seem to favor the 365, but specs and #'s aren't shooting. Really need to find a place where I can shoot both the 43 and 365.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Issue for you, not others.

That's pretty silly. It's a commonly discussed observation on gun forums, and it's not just me by thousands of different handles making that observation. I can't count how many times a YouTuber who's used to shooting Glocks, but tries a Sig, makes the comment, almost word for word, "Hmm, I notice that the recoil on this Sig flips while the recoil on my Glock is more of a straight push back."

But, again, the P365, based on looking at it, doesn't appear to be as bad in this regard.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would definitely try and rent one and shoot it against your shield. I still have my 45 acp shield but sold my 9mm shield, my G27, and my G43. I would buy another shield as a backpack gun in 40SW if I find someone in a bind that wanted to dump one cheap as it was a good reliable gun and while the G27 was also a good gun it is thick. I just could not shoot any of them as well as I can the sig.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
Bore axis.............drink!

I laughed

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not much to add other than the fact I finally got to handle a P365. Damn they are little bitty. I do see it as a short step up from the pocket 380s while being marginally harder to conceal. Given the chambering, I can't imagine problems controlling it, even with the shorter mag.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (320090T, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,242 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.