Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
iddave Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I

My apologies if someone already posted this. Gonna be a lot of these sold I suspect. Several interesting rifles in that article.

Outdoor Life- 16 new rifles from shot show.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More like 1 interesting rifle and 15 other piles of schit.

I
iddave Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
The Seekins looks interesting at least.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Well chit!

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by iddave

Yes...yes it does!

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I shot the Barrett Fieldcraft and the LAW Professional II Carbon last week at Industry Day. I really liked the LAW rifle.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I owned a couple of the early LAW rifles, and really like the 704 action.

Was the Barrett a 280AI? If so, how was the recoil?

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by iddave

Yes...yes it does!

You’re gonna have to get rid of that #2 profile Creedmore to pick it up.......... smile

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Was the Barrett a 280AI? If so, how was the recoil?

The Fieldcraft and LAW were both 6.5 CM. For some reason the Barrett folks had a box of "delinked" 6.5 CM machine gun ammunition that they were using which didn't feed or extract that well. If the shooter showed any amount of ability they'd let them shoot a few rounds of some better stuff.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
So, it looks like the general consensus is that hunters have become a bunch of pansies that can't bear to carry a 9 pound gun on a sling. Maybe they should just lose a few pounds from their gut, and then not worry about the 3 or so difference in pounds on a sling. Once the shot presents itself, the heavier gun is going to be much more stable.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't really like the price but I sure do like the Proof Research rifles, that new Glacier Ti looks pretty slick!!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I don't really like the price but I sure do like the Proof Research rifles, that new Glacier Ti looks pretty slick!!

Don’t pick one up, you won’t want to put it down.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KenMi
So, it looks like the general consensus is that hunters have become a bunch of pansies that can't bear to carry a 9 pound gun on a sling. Maybe they should just lose a few pounds from their gut, and then not worry about the 3 or so difference in pounds on a sling. Once the shot presents itself, the heavier gun is going to be much more stable.

This pansy uses a 10 pounder when climbing mountains and a 6 pounder when faced with a short walk to a heated stand.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

What about those of us already in shape that choose the lighter rifles?
When several C.F. members (all Eastern folks) packed into the Holy Cross in CO for a week, I hauled a 700 in a McMillan. When (not if) I repeat that performance, I'll likely be toting a Fieldcraft instead.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I am slightly interested in the new Model Seven HS, I have seen them on GB for around $900, I might try one in 308 or 7mm-08 just for chits and giggles.......Hb

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't carry my gut (or my azz) in my hands or on my shoulder. Until last Fall, most of my rifles were in the nine-pound class. My Fieldcraft all-up is probably less than seven. I definitely can feel the difference, not only carrying it slung, but in hand, and even sitting with it across my lap. A well-balanced light rifle mounts and holds offhand very well, maybe even better than one that's made your arms tired carrying it around. I also know that when hunting with a heavy one, I tend to switch shoulders every so often because it gets uncomfortable after a while. That wasn't the case this season with the FC.

BTW, Mule Deer says that an attitude like yours is a sign you may be a mild sociopath. Perhaps you should talk to someone.🌺

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Oh the classic line....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

When is the last time you threw on a pack and slung a rifle and hiked 12-14 miles in the mountains or breaks?

Montana MOFO
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Why would you carry a heavy rifle in the mountains?

I
iddave Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by prm
Why would you carry a heavy rifle in the mountains?

So a flat-lander from MI doesn’t question your manhood?...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (2500HD, 222Sako, 257 mag, 219DW, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1badf350, 44 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,387
Posts18,506,794
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.