Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nancy is playing chess, DJT is playing with himself.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Take a little now, get more later sounds familiar. It's what's screwed the Conservatives for years, because we never get the "more."
EXACTLY!!

Nope.. Now - or never... Time to stick the wall right up Pelosi's azz... This can's been kicked down the road so often it's gone coast to coast - and BACK! ENOUGH!

It's not about sticking anything up Pelosi's azz, it's about doing what is good for this country.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He gave his speech and his popularity went back up

Clearly the answer isn't shutting down government, its taking charge and just doing what needs to be done, anyway he can get it done - and not giving a flying phug about what Pelosi OR McConnel thinks about it.

I was reading a story where Riebus and Ryan told Trump to drop out for the good of the country after that grab 'em by the ...... tape came out.

Listen to the people, not the career politicians Trump - its what got you the presidency in the first place.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
curb stomping is what I'd like to do those son of a bitches waving Mexican flags at Beto's rally in El Paso

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Take a little now, get more later sounds familiar. It's what's screwed the Conservatives for years, because we never get the "more."
EXACTLY!!

Nope.. Now - or never... Time to stick the wall right up Pelosi's azz... This can's been kicked down the road so often it's gone coast to coast - and BACK! ENOUGH!

It's not about sticking anything up Pelosi's azz, it's about doing what is good for this country.
No chit, Sherlock...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
Originally Posted by hatari
take some now, get some more later, get more after 2020, pretty soon you get it all. Just don't stop pushing.

Back in 1978 Coach Lynn Ray told us we needed to back off the undergrads when ^%^&* nearly choked to death on loads from blowing the offensive line on the bus coming home from our playoff game against South Warren (Bowling Green).

Our team would be put in jail for the ritual we put people through back in the day.

When I played football for Covington Catholic (Park Hills) in Kentucky we used to make plebes like ^%^&* lick our balls in the shower as a rite of passage. Most of the plebes hated it like hell but guys like ^%^&* pretended to hate it but actually got hard while doing it.

Makes you wonder what Rolling Thunder just admitted to doing Before he was on "the team"..

These are just the preferences that he has publicly admitted. Maybe he was trolling and hoping?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
EXACTLY!!

No chit, Sherlock...

Well it sure ain't apparent from you. Who cares about tit for tat.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Trump would be a fool to not sign this, the public (in general) does not have the appetite for another shutdown, he gets funding, some of it, which D's have said "not one cent" all along. There is more money for other aspects of border security, which this is supposedly all about.

Take the money, spend it on the wall, ask for another piece/rest of it in the next budget cycle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, they screwed themselves because they took a little and then dropped the subject. They never keep up the pressure. They remained satisfied that they got "something". "Something" for them was the finish, not the beginning. Big difference. GOP got "satisfied" with something. Dems never stop pushing, be it gun control or abortion or whatever. They never get satisfied.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope Veto it and then shut the government down again. Make all those corksucker repukes try to override the veto.

Politically no better time to do it.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I heard the propaganda box talking about how bad the shutdown was. But I never met a soul that gave a damn about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I heard the propaganda box talking about how bad the shutdown was. But I never met a soul that gave a damn about it.

Plenty bitching about it here.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The only question for me is,.."What will politically benefit Trump more?"

I don't think another shutdown will hurt Trump politically as much as allowing the Communists to force him to compromise will.

The wall is his key issue. The Communists know that they have to shut it down in order to have a chance in 2020.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Just build the wall. Funded or not. Congress is playing politics, and has no intention of doing anything to stem the flow of illegals.

He should declare a national emergency and build a wall, deport all persons who are here illegally, and while he's at it, deport Pelosi and every Democrat in Washington as well.

No joke. The only way to get the DEMs to negotiate anything is have ICE ramp up deportations and not just deport convicted criminals. Im talking ramp up the wall building through executive order and start deporting any and everybody here illegally and get it all over the news. The DEMs get nothing that way...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The only question for me is,.."What will politically benefit Trump more?"

I don't think another shutdown will hurt Trump politically as much as allowing the Communists to force him to compromise will.

The wall is his key issue. The Communists know that they have to shut it down in order to have a chance in 2020.

Good points. The Dems clearly don't care about the country's best interest, at least in this situation. They will keep opposing wall funding simply because they think it hurts Trump.

Frankly, I don't see any downside to Trump in not shutting down the government, but also coming up with a severely controlled budget, plus declaring an emergency . He gave them their chance. Now he should lower the boom.

After all, I am reading that W and O each declared multiple emergencies for far more trivial matters.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
The word, principle, makes me want to laugh.

People should learn not to use words they don't know the meaning to, particularly politicians..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another way of saying we shafted the American people again dickweeds.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Stomp all over their principle.

MOLON LABE
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
That’s the senate not the house. There is no deal if the house isn’t on board. I’m betting on another shutdown.

No way.

I’d be shocked if there is another shutdown. Trump blinked and they knew it.

Originally Posted by hatari
take some now, get some more later, get more after 2020, pretty soon you get it all. Just don't stop pushing.

The original $5 B number was “some” no where near “all”.

The Pres mishandled this and no, that doesn’t mean that I won’t vote for him. It just means that voting for and supporting someone sometimes means offering critical feedback. And yes I’ve contacted the Whitehouse to voice my disappointment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Schumer says funding for border wall will never pass, 'not today, not next week, not next year'

Pelosi: No wall money, period. Trump: 'Stop playing political games!'

But Trump caved. Got it. Looks like compromise.

Last edited by 280shooter; 02/12/19.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,179
Posts18,484,697
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.