Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Model70Fan
Not sure what your deal is. Looking for info on barrels not actions. Not sure just discriminating someone’s rifle is much help.

And the vicious begins yet again . . . .

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FishinHank
WTF is Plighteder......haha

Been waiting for your wisdom to resurface.

Kyle I would recommend you listen closely and read between the lines to what is being suggested to you.

Hint.....

I ignored it myself and went with a Kreiger and I am sending it to a gunsmith that nobody suggested.

Plighteder,is a Technical Term...for Stupidity +P.(grin)

Unfortunately,i've never seen or used a Krieger,so cain't comment.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And all of my rifles are Factory offerings................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thank you for the info Joel. I’ll think on it more. I’m just starting to learn when it comes to custom work.

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I mis typed before, its actually a bartlein. Gonna get screwed onto my 300saum with a saami chamber. I plan on launching 165-168gr TTSX or partitions at all kinds of animals like I did with the last one. 10t, the same as the factory. I don't have any interest in launching the heavy pills, this will do just fine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A 30 ShamWow squirting the 165/8 TTSX,is simply a heavy recoiling 7-08,that don't shoot as flat,drifts far more,holds less in the belly,is louder and more expensive to shoot...if only for starters.

Rather poor arrangement,both in Theory and Application.

Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know, but I have 400+ pieces of brass and it is the first centerfire I bought. Gonna roll with it. I do have some 7saum brass coming though and that rifle might be a bit different. What actions do you like Stick? I'm looking at a pierce ultralight titanium for a lightweight build. I've read enough to know that the 7mm bullets trump 30 cal all day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brass sells...Stupid is forever. Hint.

A Barrett Fieldcraft 7-08 and 180's,smokes it all and then some.

Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess I will just disappoint you, again. Haha. You know you have an open invitation to come fish here. I did buy my buddy a 7-08 but it wasn't a fieldcraft. Pretty sure he isn't going to shoot 180's out of it either. Most likely 120 BT and 140ttsx

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I guess I will just disappoint you, again. Haha. You know you have an open invitation to come fish here. I did buy my buddy a 7-08 but it wasn't a fieldcraft. Pretty sure he isn't going to shoot 180's out of it either. Most likely 120 BT and 140ttsx

Coal in the stocking buddy, coal in the stocking. <grin>

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I catch more fish on "accident",than the "esteemed" do on "purpose". Hint.(grin)

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps,whether one has an inkling or not. I simply shoot it all and have the luxury of gunning every chambering/bullet,thus far cited.

The less one "knows" and "does"...the "better" everything is.

Hint.

Laughing!................

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would like to tag along on a steelhead trip sometime. I know that bullets matter more than headstamps but I am not trying to kill critters out at 1K yards. Inside 300 yards is there really a difference among them? I tried to source some 162 AMAX for my 7mm build. You have any you wanna sell to the cause? I'm pretty sure you have a pile of them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Akbob5

I have a "hunch",that the .545BC 88gr ELD in .224" at 3225fps ala Speedmire,slaps THE schit outta a 7-08 with 120/40's...though I've "only" shot 10's of thousands of same. Hint.

COAL is far friendlier too.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Just saying.

Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I have a "hunch",that the .545BC 88gr ELD in .224" at 3225fps ala Speedmire,slaps THE schit outta a 7-08 with 120/40's...though I've "only" shot 10's of thousands of same. Hint.

Just saying.

Hint.................

What good is the 88ELD for shooting a moose? I am talking about real world bullets, not max BC bullets. If I shoot a mountain goat in the neck with a 168ttsx it isn't going to go any further than it would with a 180....I am not doubting your knowledge but does anyone use target bullets for actual hunting?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would like to tag along on a steelhead trip sometime. I know that bullets matter more than headstamps but I am not trying to kill critters out at 1K yards. Inside 300 yards is there really a difference among them? I tried to source some 162 AMAX for my 7mm build. You have any you wanna sell to the cause? I'm pretty sure you have a pile of them.

Only landed (18) Steelhead,the last day I fished. Nothing huge,but a 38" Buck spit a hook.

GOOD bullets have the advantage at muzzle burn distances,to their transonic slip and that Fact is one that everyone loves to overlook. Hint.

Trajectory is Physics,Wind is Voodoo and BC mightily hangs on to velocity,like NOTHING else. Hint.

Inside 300yds(and WELL beyond),I'm giddy with an 18" Krunchenticker and Rifle Gas,with 75gr Hornie HPBT's. The Hornie .224" 75BTHP wears a .395BC and the .284" 120TSX a .349BC. HINT.

I shoot the 162 'Max,BTHP and ELD all. The 180 is THE one and nothing else,even comes close.

Re-hint....................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Just saying.

Hint.................

What good is the 88ELD for shooting a moose? I am talking about real world bullets, not max BC bullets. If I shoot a mountain goat in the neck with a 168ttsx it isn't going to go any further than it would with a 180....I am not doubting your knowledge but does anyone use target bullets for actual hunting?

Lotsa Elk have been crushed with 88's. Mooseses are pussies. Pass placement,over a Boob doing her "best". Hint.

A CNS shot,is a CNS shot,no matter the wares. Neck shots are a POOR percentage affair,no matter the wares.

I enjoy your "critiquing" wares you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone used!

Hint.

Laughing!.......................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like I said, I'd like to tag along one day to fish steelhead with ya. Thanks for the advice Stick, it hasn't fallen on deaf ears and it gives me something to think about.

Got any centerpins? smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone wants a piece of the pie. That is OLD "news".(grin)

I fish light and am a GL3 1141-S Slut,wearing a Shimano Coffee Grinder (typically a Stradic 2500 or mebbe 3000).

[Linked Image]

If Centerpins were worth a fhuqk,I'd simply have a few dozen. Beings they ain't,I've none.

Hint...................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was a test....:)

Hint

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Certainly was.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At least we can agree on one thing, shimano's. I beat the hell out of mine and she keeps on ticking. Sedona 5000 that I beat to hell catching coho for a hand troller. We can fish for them here with hand gear over on the other side of the bay, and it works. You ever see a coho smash a sassy shad?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,519
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.