Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
So exactly what would you do differently than her??? Is this in case she lapses into a coma or because you're worried about having to downsize??? I don't blame her for her resistance...unless Ohio has the physician assisted suicide law, I'm not sure a medical power of attorney is gonna help you shorten her life....If you get the MPOA, you better be careful about what decisions you make or you may find yourself in court on civil charges (at a minimum) if she dies...."extended" family can get pretty petty after somebody dies and has any kind of "sizeable" estate.....chances are that even IF you get the MPOA, you'll eventually end up in that dreaded run down shack....

Dude youre a dick

I'm sure that your medical contingency plan for your brother involves stuffing him into a freezer for an additional 6 years so that you can continue to live off of his social security like you do now.

Without your current gravy train, you'd be in a van down by the river.

Look who's talking about someone being a dick. TFF

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We got it done today. I caught her in a clear headed moment.

Also doctors reports came back great. She's doing good.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good to hear that!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Great to hear! Once things calm down I would still recommend you both sit down with an elder care lawyer and get your ducks in a row before the next crisis happens.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Armednfree
We got it done today. I caught her in a clear headed moment.

Also doctors reports came back great. She's doing good.

Long overdue good news.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
People who think of what they have, over what they really have throws me... money or hardship never even occurred to me when left with that choice, my wife's wishes were the only thought, she enjoyed life and her family and friends. to the end where all she had was the sparkle in her eyes, she enjoyed every minute. 2-1/2 years of taking care of her and I wouldn't give up a minute of it and only sorry I had no ability to extend it longer. She called all the shots right to the end. Money and what a person has is nothing compared to what they really have!

Phil

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
deliverance brought me here

You look just like a hawwg. Lose them panties boy...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Drop?

Just takem right off...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
People who think of what they have, over what they really have throws me... money or hardship never even occurred to me when left with that choice, my wife's wishes were the only thought, she enjoyed life and her family and friends. to the end where all she had was the sparkle in her eyes, she enjoyed every minute. 2-1/2 years of taking care of her and I wouldn't give up a minute of it and only sorry I had no ability to extend it longer. She called all the shots right to the end. Money and what a person has is nothing compared to what they really have!

Phil

My wife's wishes are not to end up in a nursing home which is exactly where she would be. The only real restriction for my wife is no inubation. If they did that she would never come off it. Her doctor told her that straight up and to the point. Inubated, maybe a tracheotomy, feeding tube in the stomach and the rest of her life trapped in a bed at a nursing home. Probably with at least some brain damage.

She just needed to get her head around that and do what the doctor suggested we do.

Last edited by Armednfree; 02/17/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

We recently did our wills and PoA was in there

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.