Page 5 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning....

WEEKLY FOCUS:
How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!
Ps 133:1

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK:
Help me Lord, to build a life based on being one of mind and Spirit with other believers.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good evening...

Midweek Inspiration:
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Rom 8:11

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

WEEKLY FOCUS:
Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Tim 6:12

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK:
Lord give me the endurance to continue this faith journey.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good evening ...

Midweek Inspiration:
Give thanks to the Lord , for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 118:29

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Bootsfishing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

WEEKLY FOCUS:
Come, follow me, Jesus said, and I wll send you out to fish for people.
Mark 1:17

Prayer For The Week:
Lord show me how to reorient my purpose in life and trade my small dreams for big ones.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Your welcome.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

Midweek inspiration
Psalm 23:6 
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I shall live in the house of the Lord Forever.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Got behind folks.....two for Wednesday!

WEEKLY FOCUS:

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:31

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK:

Help me Lord to live with the assurance and knowledge that you ARE for me!

Midweek Inspiration:
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

WEEKLY FOCUS:
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Jn 16:33

PRAY:
God, give me strength to stop wondering and start watching for your favor in every situation.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

Midweek Inspiration:
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
Psalm 32:8

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

WEEKLY FOCUS:
Set a guard over my mouth, Lord ; keep watch ovser the door of my lips.
Psalm 141:3

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK:
Lord help me to curb my words of judgment, criticism, sarcasm and negativity.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good stuff.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning ...

Midweek Inspiration:
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Prov 4:23

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
Good morning...

WEEKLY FOCUS:
Set a guard over my mouth, Lord ; keep watch ovser the door of my lips.
Psalm 141:3

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK:
Lord help me to curb my words of judgment, criticism, sarcasm and negativity.

I heard today on a Christian radio station i follow that although forgiven we will have to account for every word spoken. I'm not sure where inn the bible it says this, not that I'm doubting. Makes me shudder the things that have come out of my mouth in my life. It will be pretty humbling.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

WEEKLY FOCUS
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
1 Chronicles 16:24

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Show me Lord, how to glorify You in all my words and deeds.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
MGunns, Here is one breakdown that I came across.....

Bible Question:
What does it mean in the Bible when it says that we will give an account of every idle word word we have spoken? Is this scripture only for the unbeliever or will the Christian also have to give an account for their words one day?

Bible Answer:
Recently a man stated that he did not believe there was a god. He was serious! Then he added, “But if I am wrong, I am sure I can negotiate with God and get into heaven.” He was confident that he could out negotiate God. That is arrogance since the very definition of the word “god” implies one who is vastly superior in every way to ourselves. The Bible has a great deal to say about how our eternal future will be determined. Jesus gives us some insight with this statement.

But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. (NKJV) Matthew 12:36

Matthew 12:36
The key words in this passage are “idle” and “account.” The first word “idle” comes from the root Greek word ARGOS. It means “not busy, idle, inactive, doing nothing, and sterile.” When we apply it as Jesus did here in Matthew 12:36, it has the idea of careless or casual words. Our second word “account” comes from the Greek word APODIOMI which means to “give an answer.” Jesus is saying that everyone will have to give God an answer for even their casual comments. The gentleman above will have a difficult time when God asks him to justify every word he has ever spoken. God will not be interested in a wonderful presentation of the best parts of his life story. God will be digging into the details of his life – words, actions, and thoughts. God will be helping each non-Christian understand why he or she is going to hell. But Christians will not be judged for there is no condemnation for those who belong to Jesus (Rom. 8:1).

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (NASB) Romans 8;1

In the verse (v. 35) just before this one, Jesus says that our words reveal the type of heart we have. The good heart of a Christian will bring forth good words and an evil heart speaks forth evil. The Pharisees had just spoken evil when they said that Jesus was using demonic power to perform His miracles. These evil words reveal the true nature of their hearts – evil.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned. (NKJV) Matthew 12:35-37

Jesus repeats this warning later in the gospel of Matthew when He says,

But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. These are the things which defile the man . . . (NASB) Matthew 15:18-20

Our Actions
God will review the conduct of all persons (Rev. 20:12) to help them understand that they deserve to go to hell. When a non-Christian comes before God, He is not starting His evaluation of his or her life. He already knows each person’s sins and He has already determined where each person is going. He is omniscient or all-knowing. The review is not for Him but for the individual. Each person’s evil deeds will be the proof that person is not a Christian.

Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you just as I have forewarned you that those who practice such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (NKJV) Galatians 5:19-21

Non-Christians can only do evil deeds. Christians can do good deeds (Eph. 2:8-9) by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Our Secret Thoughts
God will also review our secret thoughts and our conscience.

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. (NKJV) Romans 2:14-16

When God is finished reviewing even our casual comments, our conduct, our secret thoughts, and the voice of our consciences, the unbelieving man and woman will understand they deserve to go to hell.

Conclusion:
John 3:16 and 18 encourages us to believe in Jesus and depend on Him to forgive us our sins.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life . . .He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (NKJV) John 3:16, 18

Those who do not come to Him have in fact rejected Jesus. God calls each one of us to come to Him. Those who give up on themselves and start “leaning” on God will start producing good deeds. That does not mean Christians are perfect, for even King David asked God to watch over His lips (Ps. 141:3). Christians will not be judged, for there is no condemnation for those who belong to Jesus (Rom. 8:1). But this is not true for non-Christians.

For everyone who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” (NKJV) John 3:20-21

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good evening...

WEEKLY FOCUS
The Lord of Heaven's armies has spoken- who can change his plans? When his hand is raised, who can stop him?
Isa 14:27

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
May I be reminded Lord, that Your plans for my life are unchangable and will be accomplished.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good morning...

Midweek Inspiration:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1 Peter 1:3

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Good afternoon...

WEEKLY FOCUS
Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
2 Timothy 2:25

PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Father give me a heart to persuade others to seek You!

Page 5 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 53 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.