Hop To
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats too bad Bristoe.

They would probably feel the same about me.

We used to hate folks from Kalispell. Now with all the fancy license plates you cant tell who is from Kalispell.

We just got over it I guess.

I am MAGA.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
It was either that or we were going to have to hate everyone with RMEF plates.

Universally known to be a cover for the No. 7 licence plate.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...and for the record, I found people in western Montana that I couldn't relate to,...because they didn't want me to relate to them. They wanted me to get the fug out and go home.

They weren't subtle about it.

Haha,
We have a saying ... why do they call it tourist season if we cant shoot them..... smile

What happens Bristoe is every summer we are flooded with ten times as many tourist as residents, our normally quiet places become hectic, we actually have traffic and many locals don't like it and have a hard time dealing with it....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I have never felt that way anywhere I have been. Sure there are cultural differences. Nothing that makes me feel alienated or can't relate to or understand after seeing it. I have seen weird chit everywhere, and I have seen normal chit everywhere. I have seen good attitudes and chit attitudes all over the world. One think I know for sure is that on a global level Poor people are usually the happiest and most thankful for the things that really matter in life.

Maybe you just haven't paid close enough attention. I can direct you to some places in the east that will make you feel alienated and that you can't relate to.

The people who live there make it a point to have it that way.

I have lived in some pretty different places than what I grew up in. For example Breaux Bridge LA, Andalusia AL, Richmond KY, Juneau AK, Hawaii, Montana. All very different but besides little things the people are the same as their peers from other places. I find cultural differences very interesting.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats too bad Bristoe.

They would probably feel the same about me.

We used to hate folks from Kalispell. Now with all the fancy license plates you cant tell who is from Kalispell.

We just got over it I guess.

That is the truth... I made a joke earlier about people from Jersey hating each other.... When I lived in Billings the rest of the state hated us "city" people and they knew because of our plates...
Jim speaks the truth...

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
,...and for the record, I found people in western Montana that I couldn't relate to,...because they didn't want me to relate to them. They wanted me to get the fug out and go home.

Haha,
We have a saying ... why do they call it tourist season if we cant shoot them..... smile

What happens Bristoe is every summer we are flooded with ten times as many tourist as residents, our normally quiet places become hectic, we actually have traffic and many locals don't like it and have a hard time dealing with it....

Yeah,...I understand it. Those people who live in the shadow of Glacier National Park didn't move out there in order to cater to tourists.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All kidding aside, I don't think a lot of people from the eastern states really understand the cultural difference that they'll encounter in the western states.

There's a line somewhere a little west of Kansas City where the country abruptly becomes different.

That is actually a really big myth. And I'll add to include globally. There are different mindsets no doubt. But those mindsets exist everywhere. They are not unique to a geographical location. Humans like to aline and alienate themselves were they see fit. A liberal is a liberal no mater where they are located and a Conserative is a conservative no mater where they are located. A RHINO is a RHINO period. People that share the same values are the same no matter where in the world they are from. I have been to 36 countries and all 50 states. I have spent a lot of time in more than a few states. We just like to label and blame things on where one is from.

You are clueless here so it is no surprise you are clueless elsewhere....

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by hunter4623
So? Whatca reckon?

This cat gonna move out west?

Hell yea Jim.....just not in the Ice Belt where you live. I’m not tough enough for that

Thats probably why us guys out East here look so sternly on people who say they want to move to Montana.

On the East side, you have to be about half weird to live here. Its cold, its remote, its poor, its hot, its dry, its under feet of snow, and the ice cream shops close for the winter.

So you have to be about half weird to live here....but you would have to be double weird to move here!

The West side is better, I think.

Good luck.

Thanks Jim. I like the mountains and trees. I’m not interested in the flat part of the state. I’ve lived in flat my entire life. Location wise It’s not bad. 1 hour to the ocean to fish and beaches.. 2 hours north to the Poconos for snow fun. Philadelphia is right across the river if you want some culture like museums. Atlantic City (chithole) if you’re into gambling, etc. For me there’s too much traffic, pollution, people, crime. Not enough good hunting, anti 2A, the weather sucks. I want to move someplace that checks off the boxes I want but also that won’t turn into NJ in the next 30 years.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

We have a load of steers we are gonna sell too. Be interested to find out how yours do.

I'll let you know. Market has been pretty flat but no doubt it'll make a jump now.....

Where do you guys go with your calves?

Bear Paw?

Big warm up last night, +8F as we speak!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This thread has jumped the rails dramatically. Montana is a great place to live and let live. We hunt, fish, plink, shoot cannons, yell at BS and more. It gets damn cold in the winter and in places gets lots of snow. We help each other, respect each other and voice our opinions when necessary.
This quibbling about liberal strong holds has little to do with the Montana way of life. Get over it!
Hunter asked a question and this thread was high jacked by nonsense.
How about merely answering his request with dignity and lack of nonsense. MTG

Last edited by MTGunner; 02/21/19.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was either that or we were going to have to hate everyone with RMEF plates.

Universally known to be a cover for the No. 7 licence plate.

Nobody gonna cover a No. 1 I hope. folks are still proud of THAT!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No.1?

A bunch of liberal Union Goons?

Not much use for them out east. Unless you are a govt type.

Besides...the Paul Bunyan sandwich shop closed down. Not much use for the place now.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Lamp Lighter closed down too!

No reason to be proud anymore.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hunter, you would do well to look long and hard around White Sulphur Springs, Condon, (swan valley) and Helmville. There are many places that can work for you, the tough part is putting your timing with available property. If I could get started again in my similar search, I would end up North of Seeley Lake, or around Trout Creek. Overall, trapping is probably best opportunity wise in the central part of the state. Good luck with your search.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hunter4623
M&M? Pennsville is 20 mins south of me. I drive past it on my way to hunt. Pennsville has high taxes and a proactive Police Dept so it keeps the riff raff out.

Yes sir M&M is one of my favorite courses. Anthony knows a thing or two. Mike knows his way around all things shotgun as well. Those boys can fish too.

WTF now you are name dropping? ooh look at me look at me...... you and Stick are bro's huh
Time for some selfies.....
Shouldn't you be turning a wrench somewhere? maybe Haiti, Somalia......

Yeah I am name dropping. Good god you really are ph_uking stupid.

I already told you we can meet up. Put up or shut up. I am close enough lets do it!

Haha I just peed a little!!! So, we're all expected to ignore the lying big mouth cuunt, and you cant ignore Brian???? keep the lectures UP!!! WOW +P!!!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

One thing about Montana that is different than other places I have lived is an extreme sense of privacy...... it is also a strong live and let live kinda place....
People are friendly and can be helpful but they don't go out of their way to be "social".
It can also be very clannish, hell if you aren't third generation you are an outsider....
Also we take our wildlife and game laws very serious, it is part of the lifestyle.... we also take pride in our respect for the land and you will find less trash/vandalism etc... than I have seen other places.

Someone earlier mentioned Noxon. I been there, 1995 or so. Friend of mine moved to Heron, bought a 40 acre place with a coupla ponds, some apple trees, and a little house. Had to move back a few years later as he couldn't find work. This, a man who had been in the building trades for 15-20 years after doing a short stint for Uncle Sam. Advanced enough in his profession he ran a complete remodel job of the Bookstore and Student Union building of a State University, yet he couldn't get work pounding nails anywhere near his place in Heron. Said everyone there would hire their methhead lowlife cousin before they'd hire an outsider.

I remember when we moved his stuff there, he needed something for his chainsaw. Off we went to the saw shop (Heron? Noxon?) . While getting the saw work/stuff done, my buddy was chatting with the shop owner. My friend had been a volunteer fire fighter for years and was thinking he'd like to continue with that there in W MT. The saw owner looked at him and said "These fellas here are pretty clannish, you might not be "white" enough for them". Now realize my buddy was about as blond and Nordic looking as a fella with a Swedish last name can be.

Yes, my friend was from Cali, but he was kind of a good ol' boy, had saved money to buy his 40 acres, picked a place with decent hunting and fishing and a rural lifestyle, had some cash but needed to work to make it last. Didn't work out that way it seems.

OP, I just hope it works out better for you there. Having moved numerous times, most rural places are not always pleased to have outsiders come in. Keep your head down and it might just work out for you.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This quibbling about liberal strong holds has little to do with the Montana way of life.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After the BGG sniff out I figured this fella be related to Slumlord......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Have
A
Car
With
A
Blue
Treasure
State
SEVEN
License
Plate.

As for clannish, that's changed a little. I was BORN on Manhattan Island, but grew up in Montana from age 9 on. I just tell people, I chose to stay here when there was still a choice to make. I will say, if you speak the language, and ask the right questions, people aren't clannish at all. They're your neighbors.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Lamp Lighter closed down too!

No reason to be proud anymore.

Still got Pork Chop Johns, King of the Pork Chop Sandwich!

I heard the M&M Bar and Cafe closed down for a bit but is open again.

The Helsinki is gone forever I guess.

If you like high school football and wrestling, a No. 1 plate was something to be proud of for a long time.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 25aught6, 65 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,935
Posts18,518,976
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.