Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I love Montana but I never could understand why a state with so many tourists, a state that relies on tourism for everything has an income tax and no sales tax? You’d think that instead of penalizing the residents with an income tax they’d get some more of the tourist dollars by instituting a state sales tax.

I agree on this, if they'd replace the income tax with a sales tax it'd make a damn sight more sense.

The state doesn't rely on tourism for everything though, that's off. Certain locales certainly do, but overall I don't think that's accurate.

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recommend the city of Browning as the number one choice with Lame deer a close second....
Jimtown bar is a fun place.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The people in Hungry Horse seemed fairly friendly. It might have been because the people in line in front of us at the grocery were Canadians from Alberta and they had been bitching at the cashier about the exchange rate.

When it was my turn to check out I paid with American money,...so for a brief moment, I was one of the clan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people in Hungry Horse seemed fairly friendly. It might have been because the people in line in front of us at the grocery were Canadians from Alberta and they had been bitching at the cashier about the exchange rate.

When it was my turn to check out I paid with American money,...so for a brief moment, I was one of the clan.

the people of Hungary Horse , Coram etc... are known as canyon critters..... when you hear the banjo music you best get out.....

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Thanks Jim. I like the mountains and trees. I’m not interested in the flat part of the state. I’ve lived in flat my entire life. Location wise It’s not bad. 1 hour to the ocean to fish and beaches.. 2 hours north to the Poconos for snow fun. Philadelphia is right across the river if you want some culture like museums. Atlantic City (chithole) if you’re into gambling, etc. For me there’s too much traffic, pollution, people, crime. Not enough good hunting, anti 2A, the weather sucks. I want to move someplace that checks off the boxes I want but also that won’t turn into NJ in the next 30 years.

You live in Camden?

Ain’t no white folks in Camden. I’m south of the 3rd world city. 15-20 years ago, the cops didn’t even stop for red lights at night. If they did, the natives threw bricks from the rooftops at their cars. The Wild West is quite tame now. The city starting taking ownership of the burnt out buildings and demolished them. No place for the homeless and druggies to hang so they moved on. A town in my county did the same thing and after it was cleaned up, they sold all of the land to Rowan University to expand the campus. Smart move. Turn the lights on and clean up the mess so the cockroaches move on.

Irfubar Montana doesn’t scare me. If anything, the things I’ve heard here tell me I’m making the right decision.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool beans Hunter 4623......

You may fit in just fine......

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SamOlson
After the BGG sniff out I figured this fella be related to Slumlord......

After reading his posts I think it's pretty plain he's either playing, or too ignorant to bother giving a thought out reasoned post to.

But been a fun thread regardless, lets keep her going!

I've lived in several places here in Montucky, and they all have their draws. I don't mean I spent a week backpacking through one park either lol. As far as clannishness goes, MT isn't any different than anywhere else. Having lived well east of the Mississippi in a couple different states, and locations within those states, as well as other locales "out west" I can give an informed opinion based on real life experience it's not a damned bit different. Some towns accept outsiders some don't. Some neighbors do, some don't. Overall, MT is a damned sight more friendly than a lot of places simply because of the rural folk that inhabit it. But that's true anywhere, the divide isn't by state it's along rural/urban lines. People's behavior I mean.

Just in case this wasn't argumentative enough, if you're an arrogant liberal f agg ot I'll save you the time, if you have the money just move to Whitefish.

If I was an arrogant liberal, I’d just stay in NJ. I want to move to Free America. Whitefish isn’t on the list of potentials.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm trying to remember what bar it was, M&M?

Anyway, Saint Patty's about 15-20 years ago and some sonuvabitch climbs up the building(with some help) and onto the exterior sign and gives the crowd a golden shower.

Fuuckin' Butte, MT. It's like a rez without any Indians.

Oh Sam, pard and I rolled into sagebrush Sam's one night..... Oh Fuuck!!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
I recommend the city of Browning as the number one choice with Lame deer a close second....
Jimtown bar is a fun place.....

Browning is comparable to Craig Alaska..... nah browning is nicer.... grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
As far as clannishness goes, MT isn't any different than anywhere else. Having lived well east of the Mississippi in a couple different states, and locations within those states, as well as other locales "out west" I can give an informed opinion based on real life experience it's not a damned bit different. Some towns accept outsiders some don't. Some neighbors do, some don't. Overall, MT is a damned sight more friendly than a lot of places simply because of the rural folk that inhabit it. But that's true anywhere, the divide isn't by state it's along rural/urban lines. People's behavior I mean.

Word.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm trying to remember what bar it was, M&M?

Anyway, Saint Patty's about 15-20 years ago and some sonuvabitch climbs up the building(with some help) and onto the exterior sign and gives the crowd a golden shower.

Fuuckin' Butte, MT. It's like a rez without any Indians.

That sounds like a college kid from MSU, or MWC!

locals would have been punching each other and buying shots.

But you will hear people say the Irish are just regular white people.

Those people haven't been to Butte.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was born in Butte.

Nothing left in that town now that I aint there anymore.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=SamOlson

Fuuckin' Butte, MT. It's like a rez without any Indians.[/quote]
Better watch it there sammo,

the PC police might be watching.

If I was a resident of Butte, I might just claim that as a signature line quote.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Good thing Butants are not thin skinned.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Good thing Butants are not thin skinned.

I stopped in Duffur Oregon once and was run out of town for declaring them Duffusses. Very sensitive.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...and for the record, I found people in western Montana that I couldn't relate to,...because they didn't want me to relate to them. They wanted me to get the fug out and go home.

They weren't subtle about it.

Originally Posted by irfubar
One thing about Montana that is different than other places I have lived is an extreme sense of privacy...... it is also a strong live and let live kinda place....
People are friendly and can be helpful but they don't go out of their way to be "social".
It can also be very clannish, hell if you aren't third generation you are an outsider....
Also we take our wildlife and game laws very serious, it is part of the lifestyle.... we also take pride in our respect for the land and you will find less trash/vandalism etc... than I have seen other places.

Someone earlier mentioned Noxon. I been there, 1995 or so. Friend of mine moved to Heron, bought a 40 acre place with a coupla ponds, some apple trees, and a little house. Had to move back a few years later as he couldn't find work. This, a man who had been in the building trades for 15-20 years after doing a short stint for Uncle Sam. Advanced enough in his profession he ran a complete remodel job of the Bookstore and Student Union building of a State University, yet he couldn't get work pounding nails anywhere near his place in Heron. Said everyone there would hire their methhead lowlife cousin before they'd hire an outsider.

I remember when we moved his stuff there, he needed something for his chainsaw. Off we went to the saw shop (Heron? Noxon?) . While getting the saw work/stuff done, my buddy was chatting with the shop owner. My friend had been a volunteer fire fighter for years and was thinking he'd like to continue with that there in W MT. The saw owner looked at him and said "These fellas here are pretty clannish, you might not be "white" enough for them". Now realize my buddy was about as blond and Nordic looking as a fella with a Swedish last name can be.

Yes, my friend was from Cali, but he was kind of a good ol' boy, had saved money to buy his 40 acres, picked a place with decent hunting and fishing and a rural lifestyle, had some cash but needed to work to make it last. Didn't work out that way it seems.

OP, I just hope it works out better for you there. Having moved numerous times, most rural places are not always pleased to have outsiders come in. Keep your head down and it might just work out for you.

Geno

Closer you get to Idaho pandandle, the more likely you are to meet that attitude. IME

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Here are some folks living off the grid that are pretty well entrenched for the time being.

https://www.kulr8.com/news/montana/...d95480e-11db-59b6-a671-1ded24c5abb0.html

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Here are some folks living off the grid that are pretty well entrenched for the time being.

https://www.kulr8.com/news/montana/...d95480e-11db-59b6-a671-1ded24c5abb0.html

I would imagine most of those folks can get out if they want to, you don't live that far back without a plan B like a snowmobie, or truck or tractor with a plow. It just takes time to move that much snow. My neighbors and myself have plowed a lane open to the highway more than once when the plows are behind. I always make sure we access to the state plowed highway.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't know why, but I've been laughing all the way through this thread. Heck, it even generated it's own youtube videos.

I can tell its winter cause you MT guys are grouchy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grouchy... who you calling grouchy?

Ignore for you.... you cross eyed drooling dumbfuuuk....... smile

Last edited by irfubar; 02/28/19.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,931
Posts18,518,948
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.