Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by kingston
The Ckye Pod really has no equal, not in a single bipod. The ability to vary stance width tops my list of features separating the Ckye Pod from the competition.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/30/mdt-acquires-ckye-pod/

Do you have one? or just going off the report?

I have a Spartan 300 bipod, I feel it has no equal; 5.6 oz. very sturdy, clever attachment adapters...

Spartan 300 bipod

(I sent the following in PM to Dennis last week.)

I don’t have a Cyke Pod, but I spent considerable time fondling them at SHOT. I hadn’t yet seen one in person when I stumbled on it at MDT’s booth in the LE and Mil section on day 1. I was so impressed took a few pictures, but didn’t write down what I was looking at. That evening, back at my room, I spent an hour scouring the web, trying to figure out what I’d seen. It’s really well designed. The wide stance is a very attractive feature, that and the 170° of cant.

Then on day 3, I stumbled on MDT’s booth on the main floor. They had one sitting on the counter. We discussed the design, availability and price.

The week after shot it was announced that MDT bought Cyke. The price should come down considerably and availability should improve.

I also spent some time with Warne’s new bipod. It’s a well designed unit, but has swivel and cant. I don’t do swivel. It interferes with getting the rifle to recoil straight back, complicating getting back on target.

I also looked at Magpul’s new bipod. It’s a bargain, but narrow.

I currently shoot numerous modified and stock Harris bipods and the Evolution CF bipod. In the past year, I’ve done a pretty comprehensive survey of most of the new stuff coming to market including the Hatch bipod which was flimsy.

I’ve fully expected to transition to the Atlas Gen. 2 CAL, if they’d ever become available. The Cyke Pod changed that.

I see you’re shooting the Spartan 300 Javelin. I looked at it hard last summer, but resisted it due to the proprietary connection and the swivel/rotate function. It look’s like it could be an excellent hunting bipod.

For hunting, I generally either shoot off a little tripod with a padded saddle or off a pack. You’ll see the Eolution Bipod in the second pic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Pardon my ignorance, but why the hell are bipods $300+?

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
Pardon my ignorance, but why the hell are bipods $300+?

One $300 bipod with $20 pic mounts for each rifle makes more sense than lesser priced, lightly constructed bipods. Until you try a good, higher-end bipod, it is hard to appreciate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since I've never had any problem with any of my 6 or 7 Harris bipods I guess I'll never know....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sheister
Since I've never had any problem with any of my 6 or 7 Harris bipods I guess I'll never know....

Bob

Are they real Harris Bipods or knock offs.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Magpul Bipod deserves a look.

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to admit I've been introduced to a lot of bipods I didn't even know existed before this thread. Not sure if I'll try any of them out anytime soon but it's good to know I have more choices available if I need them....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If Haybale and Crockett is a "pursuit",then carry on......................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sheister
I have to admit I've been introduced to a lot of bipods I didn't even know existed before this thread. Not sure if I'll try any of them out anytime soon but it's good to know I have more choices available if I need them....

Bob

Bob it’s good to see you coming around.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
The Ckye Pod really has no equal, not in a single bipod. The ability to vary stance width tops my list of features separating the Ckye Pod from the competition.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/30/mdt-acquires-ckye-pod/

Do you have one? or just going off the report?

I have a Spartan 300 bipod, I feel it has no equal; 5.6 oz. very sturdy, clever attachment adapters...

Spartan 300 bipod

(I sent the following in PM to Dennis last week.)

I don’t have a Cyke Pod, but I spent considerable time fondling them at SHOT. I hadn’t yet seen one in person when I stumbled on it at MDT’s booth in the LE and Mil section on day 1. I was so impressed took a few pictures, but didn’t write down what I was looking at. That evening, back at my room, I spent an hour scouring the web, trying to figure out what I’d seen. It’s really well designed. The wide stance is a very attractive feature, that and the 170° of cant.

Then on day 3, I stumbled on MDT’s booth on the main floor. They had one sitting on the counter. We discussed the design, availability and price.

The week after shot it was announced that MDT bought Cyke. The price should come down considerably and availability should improve.

I also spent some time with Warne’s new bipod. It’s a well designed unit, but has swivel and cant. I don’t do swivel. It interferes with getting the rifle to recoil straight back, complicating getting back on target.

I also looked at Magpul’s new bipod. It’s a bargain, but narrow.

I currently shoot numerous modified and stock Harris bipods and the Evolution CF bipod. In the past year, I’ve done a pretty comprehensive survey of most of the new stuff coming to market including the Hatch bipod which was flimsy.

I’ve fully expected to transition to the Atlas Gen. 2 CAL, if they’d ever become available. The Cyke Pod changed that.

I see you’re shooting the Spartan 300 Javelin. I looked at it hard last summer, but resisted it due to the proprietary connection and the swivel/rotate function. It look’s like it could be an excellent hunting bipod.

For hunting, I generally either shoot off a little tripod with a padded saddle or off a pack. You’ll see the Eolution Bipod in the second pic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just saying, if a bipod is your stress gear of choice, you're already behind....

That is an analysis of futility....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know what "stress gear" is.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You passed "the test".

LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Nevermind then...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

[Linked Image]

They're a bargain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

[Linked Image]

They're a bargain.

Only if you shoot. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you "shoot" fenced Dinks?!?

LAUGHING!......................

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
If you "shoot" fenced Dinks?!?

LAUGHING!......................

The laughs never stop when you talk about how much you are,know and do.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/24/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice Bucks!

LAUGHING!..................

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Code for child support and alimony payments. 😂

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I hate bipods...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,783
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.