Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I just got off the phone with Steve Hornady, he wanted some advice on a new bullet design for the 6.5 Creedmoor...

tell him we need a 100 gr round nose for brush shots at small deer.

same in .257, for 25-35

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm a member of THE PRESIDENT'S HUNDRED!

Does that count??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Yep, met and had dinner with Shrapnel in Livingston, Mt. 🙂

Thread killer!
HA!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ingwe has me beat with Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe.

Best I can do is playing in a pick up game with Willie O'Ree.

Not accidental, as I went there intending to see the band. Small club in the San Diego CA area, Johnny Almond and group. First break I see where they're sitting. I go over and ask, "Excuse me, did you play with John Mayall and Jon Mark". Most notable thing about that experience, his wife looks over and says "What do you know, someone in this town knows their music".

Geno

PS, some of them celebs you folks mentioned are so well known I had to look 'em up on the innanet. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore

I just got off the phone with Steve Hornady, he wanted some advice on a new bullet design for the 6.5 Creedmoor...

same in .257, for 25-35

I don't understand.............................they already make a 6.5mm 160gr round nose.....................what more can a guy ask for for the Creed? laugh

Geno

PS, and a 117gr in .257

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

same in .257, for 25-35

I don't understand.............................they already make a 6.5mm 160gr round nose.....................what more can a guy ask for for the Creed? laugh

Geno

PS, and a 117gr in .257

I actually told him that they can relabel their bullet # 26202 to #26222 and put a cannelure in the bullet, recommend turning it around and loading it base out. The BC is still 485 and there are enough 6.5 guys out there that will buy it by the 1000's...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Celebs???.......I'm too ashamed to say...but it wasn't accidental....but YES...that pussy was GOOOD...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

same in .257, for 25-35

Geno

PS, and a 117gr in .257

thats reserved for ELK!

i'm talking small deer!

don't want to over-penetrate!

Last edited by Sycamore; 03/02/19. Reason: o

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
24hr Hog Hunt couple years ago, and my roomie was ingwe...

Doesn't get any more famous than that !!!

Last edited by hicountry; 03/02/19.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hicountry
24hr Hog Hunt couple years ago, and my roomie was ingwe...

Doesn't get any more famous than that !!!

Only within the gay community....

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
got to attend a rally for Pres. Kennedy back in the day soon after he was elected. a big crowd, and the school system bused us students to see him as a field trip.

a young blonde, blue-eyed classmate couldn't see him well, so she ask if she could sit on shoulders. i said sure, no problem.

was a really great speech i'm pretty sure, but i don't recall any of it. i do recall the warmth of her legs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

same in .257, for 25-35

Geno

PS, and a 117gr in .257

I actually told him that they can relabel their bullet # 26202 to #26222 and put a cannelure in the bullet, recommend turning it around and loading it base out. The BC is still 485 and there are enough 6.5 guys out there that will buy it by the 1000's...

That is a spanking good idea! Likely double their sales without having to retool.

Next time you Mr Hornady, maybe suggest they make some double ended bullets, same ogive either end. Especially for the newest bestest rounds or the new to reloading folks, as I get the impression some folks don't know which way is up and then it wouldn't matter.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno

PS, and a 117gr in .257

thats reserved for ELK!

i'm talking small deer!

don't want to over-penetrate!

Most of the small dears I've know have never claimed to have a problem with "overpenetration"

Geno

PS, Oooops.....................you said "deer", not dears. smile

In it is contentment

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Howie Baily, Dave Schultz.

grin

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I saw Casey Kasem one time at the Detroit Metro airport. He was wearing a Joe Namath full length fur coat.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
A buddy and I played pool with the girlfriends of the band Great White while they were playing in the bar in here in town. It was fun, they were pretty and the band came by on breaks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Maybe not all would consider this man a celebrity, but if your a baseball fan...you may. We were elk hunting in Lincoln County Wyoming during the early to mid ‘90’s....and came back to camp for a rest and lunch. As we were about to head back out, a young man limped into camp, looking a little “worse for wear”. He explained that, he’d seen a nice bull near dark, and went after it. He got lost, spent the night out, stumbled into our camp about 2 or 3 very big ridges from his camp. We knew where his camp was at, and told him we’d bring him back. This was probably 50 or more mile trip, the way we had to go, and at least two hours. When we got him to camp, his fellow hunters were going out in “shifts” looking for him. As we’re standing around bs’ ing, a group came back to camp. With them was Mike Boddicker....winning pitcher (Baltimore Orioles)of game #2 of the 1983 World Series ( we found this out later) When we finally got back to camp, while preparing supper, listening to the static filled am radio as the World Series game was about to start. The announcers were giving World Series highlights and other baseball related stuff when they stated....tonight we have 2 rookie pitchers starting against each other. This has not happened since 1983 when Mike Boddicker of the Baltimore Orioles went up against Charles Hudson of the Philadelphia Phillies.

My wife and I looked at each other pretty stunned saying....We just met him! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Linda Carter
Bobbi Benton
Gregory Peck
Andy Warhol
Andrew Wyeth
Jamie Wyeth
Katie Couric
Billy Jean King
Harvey Keitell
JFK Jr.
Bone Crusher Smith
John Denver
Richard Prior
Christi Brinkley
Billy Joel
Kim Basinger

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I was flying a redeye from LAX to ATL one maybe 10-12 years ago, At the super-crowded gate at LAX, Bono (lead singer for U2) was sitting on the floor doing something on his laptop, and he was there 'cause it was the only place he could find a plug back then. One of my college roommates had been a U2 fan, so I recognized him. He had a little entourage of young Euro-type guys in shiny suits with skinny britches.

I was on the home leg from China, so I was flying Business Class. Everybody started boarding and Bono stayed over there on the floor typing. After a few minutes the whole entourage was on, scattered around Business Class, and the rest of the plane was boarding. The only open seat was by me. I thought "hmm, Mr. Celebrity's gonna end up sitting beside me". Well, pretty near the end he comes on and heads right on through to the back of the plane. Sat back in Cattle Class for that crummy 4-5 hour redeye to ATL, believe it or not. Some other wretch like me ended up in the open seat.

If he'd sat by me, I was planning to say something like "....hey.....aren't you....Sting?"

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Was walking in the French Quarter with my wife, Omar Sharif was filming in NO, and while she was looking at an Omar Sharif poster, the actor walked by with a small entourage. Our eyes met, I nodded, he nodded back. As he walked on by I told her that I just spoken to Omar Sharif. She turned and got a chance to see his back side as he walked on down the sidewalk. She’s a big fan, was disappointed she missed out.

Not a big man, probably 5’ 9” or so, maybe 165 pounds.

DF

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 16gage, 51 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,318
Posts18,505,753
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.