I was flying a redeye from LAX to ATL one maybe 10-12 years ago, At the super-crowded gate at LAX, Bono (lead singer for U2) was sitting on the floor doing something on his laptop, and he was there 'cause it was the only place he could find a plug back then. One of my college roommates had been a U2 fan, so I recognized him. He had a little entourage of young Euro-type guys in shiny suits with skinny britches.

I was on the home leg from China, so I was flying Business Class. Everybody started boarding and Bono stayed over there on the floor typing. After a few minutes the whole entourage was on, scattered around Business Class, and the rest of the plane was boarding. The only open seat was by me. I thought "hmm, Mr. Celebrity's gonna end up sitting beside me". Well, pretty near the end he comes on and heads right on through to the back of the plane. Sat back in Cattle Class for that crummy 4-5 hour redeye to ATL, believe it or not. Some other wretch like me ended up in the open seat.

If he'd sat by me, I was planning to say something like "....hey.....aren't you....Sting?"