Maybe not all would consider this man a celebrity, but if your a baseball fan...you may. We were elk hunting in Lincoln County Wyoming during the early to mid ‘90’s....and came back to camp for a rest and lunch. As we were about to head back out, a young man limped into camp, looking a little “worse for wear”. He explained that, he’d seen a nice bull near dark, and went after it. He got lost, spent the night out, stumbled into our camp about 2 or 3 very big ridges from his camp. We knew where his camp was at, and told him we’d bring him back. This was probably 50 or more mile trip, the way we had to go, and at least two hours. When we got him to camp, his fellow hunters were going out in “shifts” looking for him. As we’re standing around bs’ ing, a group came back to camp. With them was Mike Boddicker....winning pitcher (Baltimore Orioles)of game #2 of the 1983 World Series ( we found this out later) When we finally got back to camp, while preparing supper, listening to the static filled am radio as the World Series game was about to start. The announcers were giving World Series highlights and other baseball related stuff when they stated....tonight we have 2 rookie pitchers starting against each other. This has not happened since 1983 when Mike Boddicker of the Baltimore Orioles went up against Charles Hudson of the Philadelphia Phillies.

My wife and I looked at each other pretty stunned saying....We just met him! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024