This was kinda fun to read. I don't worship people, most who achieve "celebrity status" don't deserve it (worship or status) but I have run into a few famous folks over the years, usually not by accident.

The King and Queen of Sweden. (being a constitutional monarchy, they don't have to run a country, just meet with visiting groups of students, sports teams, exchange students (that's what I was), etc, this was about 2 months before the crown princess was born in '77)

Neal Armstrong was buddies with the (retired general) boss of a small electronics company I worked at early in my career and came thru for a tour one day, got to shake his hand.

When I got involved in Olympic shooting a decade ago, I met nearly every coach and shooter on the US rifle and pistol teams, including several medalists and world champions (Wigger, Emmons, others) and several shooters on the Czech, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong teams.

"Gunney" R Lee Ermy came out to the CMP Western Games at Ben Avery, Phoenix for several years, I was squadded on his target one year, alternate relays, so I pulled for him and didn't know it was him till after the pit change. On the firing line he was just another shooter, talked to every. Did OK prone, not so well standing.

I heard a Navajo Code talker (I think it was Joe Kelwood) sing the marine corps hymn to Joe Foss (ex NRA president and SD governor) at a gun club meeting 15 years ago.

former-NRA president Sandra Froman regularly shot at a rifle match I used to run at Ben Avery in prior years.

on that topic, last time the NRA annual meetings were in Phoenix, Oliver North was the speaker, he slapped me on the shoulder and greeted me as he walked by during the banquet.

Never met the guy, but I am a member of both a gun club and ham radio club that late Senator Barry Goldwater had been a member of....

it seems I'm rambling... I'll stop....

ya'll have fun!

Poole