When I was traveling a lot for business, I often got bumped to first class. One morning I took my seat on a flight from Houston to LA. No one was in the seat next to me until the door was about to be closed and then in walked Jaclyn Smith (Charlies Angels). She was very cordial and talked quite a bit on the flight to LA.

In about 1970 when parts of the movie The Cowboys was being filmed in southern Colorado. I and a friend were in the old Spring Inn in Pagosa Springs. John Wayne had been in town for several weeks and he was seated waiting on his meal to be served. He instigated a conversation and when his steak came out, he invited us to join him with a glass of scotch. The steak looked like a lump of charcoal but he seemed to enjoy it, and he was very interesting to talk with. I saw him again a few days later and he even remembered my name. He was a pretty impressive man even without a camera in front of him.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ