Ms. Linda Carter & I used to talk 3-4 times every week, after I retired from the Army in NOV 2006 & took a job as a "troubleshooter" for an HVACR company in MD. - I talked to her by phone so often because she has a VERY large home in suburban MD, with 8 separate HVAC systems & then was having NUMEROUS problems with the systems.
(WONDER WOMAN was her gig on TV.)

Mrs____________ (NO I won't tell you her married name, where she lives and/or name of the the VERY rich doctor that she is married to. - He has a LOT more bucks than she ever made on TV.)

LOVELY, SWEET, lady. - She used to cook lunch for our techs, who went out to work on her systems. She also made them homemade cinnamon rolls. - Once she sent me a 5-layer chocolate cake with "double chocolate icing".
(Can you guess who is DEATHLY allergic to chocolate?? = ME, darn it.)

My coworkers LOVED her cake. - She enjoys baking & is good at it.

Also, in 1983, when I was the Army's planner for the 1984 SUMMER GAMES in LA, my then GF & I were eating lunch at our favorite Chinese "hole in the wall" & that only had 5 tables for 6 & 4 stools at the bar. - GREAT "made when you ordered it" from FRESH ingredients, too.
On that day, we had just ordered off the chalkboard, when I heard a male voice & thought, "He sounds like Paul Newman" say, "Pardon me, may we join you for lunch?" and "What's GOOD here?" - I responded, "Everything is good."
(YEP. Paul Neuman & Joanne Woodward.)
He & I said little to each other, as the two ladies "chattered away" like old BFF the whole meal & neither of us, "got hardly a word in edgewise" between talk about shoes, purses, LindaJo's cascade of shinning "butt length" black hair, getting their nails done, shopping, etc.,etc., etc.
NICE guy though from what little that he could say, before as they left, parting with a handshake and, "Thanks for letting us share your table."..

yours, tex

Last edited by DarlaG; 01/16/19. Reason: typos