It wasn’t an accidental encounter, as I was at a concert, The Statler Brothers and the up and coming Barbara Mandrell. After the show, with a nearly empty auditorium, I bought a Statler Brothers album, signed by all. As I was walking back, along the stage floor, there was Barbara, sitting on the edge of the stage, legs dangling over the stage edge....by herself. I spoke to her as I walked past....and to this day, I can’t remember what she said, but it required an answer. So....a brief conversation was started. From behind me, about 10 rows back in the auditorium....someone yelled my name. I wheeled around, and saw an old schoolmate hold up a camera. Barbra, observed this, tapped me on the shoulder, and motioned for me to jump up on the stage and sit beside her. She then kissed me on the cheek, and my friend took a great picture. I think I went a week, before I washed my face! grin memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/02/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024