Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 62 1 2 3 4 61 62
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Reloder28
All of that hassle is why I quit leases years ago. It’s much easier to pay for a guided hunt. I get fed, waited on & don’t have to get my hands messy.

That’s called shooting, not hunting.

That's not really any of your business, Mister

It [bleep] is now, it’s posted here.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Eat a snickers urethra franklin, jeeeze!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never understood the satisfaction in lease hunting? You really feal like you’ve accomplished something?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Reloder28
All of that hassle is why I quit leases years ago. It’s much easier to pay for a guided hunt. I get fed, waited on & don’t have to get my hands messy.

That’s called shooting, not hunting.
From what I've seen, shooting is about all folks do on a lease.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess sitting in a heated building with cable tv makes it nice..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

God didn't love you as much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear hanco good luck on the other lease. Always the few ass hats that ruin it for everyone

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I never been on a lease, not even as a guest. I hunt huge chunks of public land . I am too poor to pay for land , so public it is. It is very tough hunting but is all I have. As for the lease you lost, how much was it? and you still have a place to hunt.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yeah but there's no beer, so tell me how easy that is, and even if it's heated, when you open the window to shoot it gets cold.

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/07/19.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I lived in a state that had huge chunks of public land, I probably never would have hunted on leased land. I envy those of you that live in areas like that. But, sadly that is not the situation where I live.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Most of Texas is private, you pay or you don’t hunt. It is what it is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
Some of the guys have cut pine trees down through the years. The paper company got enough. Some of the guys have been on that lease for 50 years. I’ve been on there for 15 years. Damn shame, it was 90 miles away. Good deer, too many damn hogs, but a fun place. I got on this lease when I lost the 1000 acres I had to myself in Coleman County It was sold after the owner died. I had it for 25 great years. I have to get all of my stands, feeders, etc. I hate picking-hauling all that crap back.

I have another lease in Burnet county, so I still have a place to hunt. It’s 4 hours away.

Anyone else ever lose a good lease?

Yup. Was on mine for five or six years, then last fall was told we had to get all our stuff off by 26 October...about a week before deer season. Land got sold.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
Most of Texas is private, you pay or you don’t hunt. It is what it is.

Jeez,
Kinda the opposite of California.
Y'all can own all sorts or firearms we can't, but unless you pay someone you really can't use them.

Those of us here can't own a whole bunch of firearms (legally?) but we can't hunt in a whole lot of places for free................even in SoCal and just a 90 minute drive or so from metro San Fran and Suctomento.

Maybe if some of you Texicans moved here when you lose your leases we can up the pro 2A vote and turn this state around. We'll trade you some antis!

All joking aside hanco, sorry to hear about your situation. Hunting leases, like renting a house long term only to have the ownership change really sucks at times.

Glad you seem to have some options.

Good Luck,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When you lease the hunting rights on a piece of ground, the only thing you know for sure is that you will lose it at some point. We lost our Mule Deer ranch in the Big Bend about four years ago after having it for about fifteen years. Then about three years ago I lost the Whitetail pasture I had leased for twenty five years here at home.

Change in ownership was the reason in both cases. I didn’t get outbid, they just quit leasing.

I have about a quarter section I can hunt about three miles from the house. My two kids heired it from their mother so I’m likely to keep it.

If hunting is not important enough to you to pay what it takes to lease good property.....that’s fine. But it is chickenshit to badmouth those of us to whom it IS important. Even when I go to another state to hunt, I pay to hunt private land.

I tried public land hunts in N Mexico and Colorado years ago and killed deer both times, but knowing there were idiots prowling the same area I was hunting took all the joy out of it.

And yeah, Hanco, I feel your pain having to move all that stuff. BTDT.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
It will take a few trailer loads to get it all. It’s a pain in the ass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
When you lease the hunting rights on a piece of ground, the only thing you know for sure is that you will lose it at some point. We lost our Mule Deer ranch in the Big Bend about four years ago after having it for about fifteen years. Then about three years ago I lost the Whitetail pasture I had leased for twenty five years here at home.

Change in ownership was the reason in both cases. I didn’t get outbid, they just quit leasing.

I have about a quarter section I can hunt about three miles from the house. My two kids heired it from their mother so I’m likely to keep it.

If hunting is not important enough to you to pay what it takes to lease good property.....that’s fine. But it is chickenshit to badmouth those of us to whom it IS important. Even when I go to another state to hunt, I pay to hunt private land.

I tried public land hunts in N Mexico and Colorado years ago and killed deer both times, but knowing there were idiots prowling the same area I was hunting took all the joy out of it.

And yeah, Hanco, I feel your pain having to move all that stuff. BTDT.

Good. We prefer you idiots stay on private.

For someone that’s use to hunting public land, and then go with someone that’s hunts private, it’s pretty comical.

Unaware of surroundings, don’t GAF what’s behind where they’re shooting. Can’t shoot past 75 yards... my 7 year old kid makes them look like an amateur

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hanco, sorry to hear you lost your lease. BTDT.

You know its comical reading the post about some of the fellows that hunt only on public land. They're the ones that can out hunt, out shoot, out fish, out drink, out fug everyone else. Some of them kinda remind me of AOC..... haven't got a fuggin clue. Lots of folks that hunt on public land are good land stewards, good hunters, etc., but not all and that gives everyone a black eye. if your fuggin up on leased land, your gone, ASAP. Land owners wont put up with it. But hell, us fellows that lease dont know what were doing. The very reason I wont hunt public land is because of the idiots that show up there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Hanco, sorry to hear you lost your lease. BTDT.

You know its comical reading the post about some of the fellows that hunt only on public land. They're the ones that can out hunt, out shoot, out fish, out drink, out fug everyone else. Some of them kinda remind me of AOC..... haven't got a fuggin clue. Lots of folks that hunt on public land are good land stewards, good hunters, etc., but not all and that gives everyone a black eye. if your fuggin up on leased land, your gone, ASAP. Land owners wont put up with it. But hell, us fellows that lease dont know what were doing. The very reason I wont hunt public land is because of the idiots that show up there.

The reason you don’t hunt public land, like most of you, is because you can’t get it done.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve hunted public land in Texas, it’s scary as hell.

Page 2 of 62 1 2 3 4 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (BamBam, 44mc, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,001 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,485
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.