Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 62 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 61 62
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I grew up in Texas the fact the state has essentially no public land is why I would never move back. It’s too bad Texas never preserved any public lands other than around lakes I didn’t do much hunting when I lived there neither did most people I knew even though they claimed to be hunters

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Never lived in a place you had to hunt like that. Georgia has a good bit of leases, but there was plenty of great public ground and a simple knock and a polite smile would get you onto a lot of private. Used to anyway.

The commodification of hunting has ruined a bunch of schit.

Anyway, sorry for your loss, hanco.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Rather than drinking out of a carton....you could cut out the middleman...and just get down on your knees at the local phag bar.

The voice of experience?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I grew up in Texas

Glad I was sittin' down for that one.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by smokepole

Tell me...what's the difference in me walking thousands of acres in Colorado at 8500+ elev. elk hunting (guiding or self-guided) on a "lease" vs. walking "public land" in Colorado elk hunting?

Seriously, you need this explained to you?

I love hunting private land, especially when friends invite me to. And the reason is as obvious as the biggest difference in hunting private vs. public pand----on private land I don't have to compete with every Tom, DIck, and Harry who wants to hunt the same land.

Hunting without that competition is a huge adavantage, especially for a species like elk that draws hunters from all over the country. Why else would people pay thousands of dollars to do it? The animals aren't pressured, you don't have to walk as far to get away from other hunters, and you can normally drive near your kill to pack it out. Which makes a huge difference with animals like elk.

Smokepole....watching you "claim" to go elk hunting last year on this website was the funniest schit I've ever seen posted on the internet, when I personally seen you were still signed in on here at around 8:30 PM the night before your opener ....that you had to drive across Colorado to be to the next morning. You see....you "supposedly" were driving back home all day Monday, and didn't post all day until late Monday night....so here's the catch....if it took you all day to drive back on Monday, then it sure is funny how you were in the field hunting on opening day, Saturday morning,.....when you were still signed onto this website Friday night at 8:30 PM...when "real" elk hunters are going to bed "AT" their hunting location, trail head, or already on the property they will hunt when they awake.

Also...you only hunted, "supposedly" for 2 days of the 5 day season...you started driving back on a Monday after only hunting for 2 days. I don't know "any" elk hunter that plans to go hunt for only 2 DAYS in a 5 day season...yet you "gave up" after hunting only 2 days.

You claimed you were hurt and couldn't hunt your bow season, and traded out tags to hunt first rifle season.

You "claimed" you walked 8 miles each day at 11K+ elev. through high snow, and didn't see anything or sign.

You had a whole month to re-plan your hunting strategy from the same area you bow hunt "supposedly".

Any "real" elk hunter knows snow pushes the elk down to feed in the lower areas...yet you went high, 11K+ elev.

Reading your posts are as funny as watching Johnny Carson growing up.

Thanks for the laughs.

P.S. I like how you posted in the BackPack forum, "work out thread" about only hunting 2 days, so you could "hide" your story from the elk hunters in the elk hunting forum....great laughs.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 03/09/19.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd really like to see a list of what type of hunting is completely acceptable here.

Anyone?

Hell that is easy. Ya got to do it like the poster that you are talking to does it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With the attitudes and self righteous indignation I have read in these last 3 pages of diatribe it is easy to see why hunters are losing against the anti's. I see a lot of jealousy here as well as a lot of immaturity.

Jim

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The self righteousness on this thread is thick!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Controlling hogs is one thing. Pretending to hunt, shooting deer and the like unde bait is another. Idgaf what anyone says, it sure the [bleep] ain’t hunting..

Hunt how you like and let others do the same.

I don’t hunt over corn as it’s illegal.

I’m not trying to argue what the definition of hunting is. But you can bet your azz if I can get a new hunter hunting in a blind or shooting house, I’m gonna do it. Every hunter (game harvester) is one for our side most likely when it counts.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
I'd really like to see a list of what type of hunting is completely acceptable here.

Anyone?

Hell that is easy. Ya got to do it like the poster that you are talking to does it. miles

Loin cloth and a sharp stick!!!,! 😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
ElkSlayer,

Are you from Texas?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s easy to see who “hunts” at corn feeders.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Controlling hogs is one thing. Pretending to hunt, shooting deer and the like unde bait is another. Idgaf what anyone says, it sure the [bleep] ain’t hunting..

Oh brother.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Why not just use a spotlight and shoot out the truck window ? I mean as long as everything is acceptable so long as it's legal, why not just legalize spotlighting and make things as easy as possible for the lazy and inept ?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Why not just use a spotlight and shoot out the truck window ? I mean as long as everything is acceptable as long as it's legal why not just legalize spotlighting and make things as easy as possible for the lazy and inept ?

Wouldn't bother me any.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by deflave
ElkSlayer,

Are you from Texas?

Are your 2 brain cells attempting to fire?

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
ElkSlayer,

Are you from Texas?

I think you're afraid to answer the question.

I know the rest of Texas is hoping you don't.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
ElkSlayer,

Are you from Texas?

I think you're afraid to answer the question.

I know the rest of Texas is hoping you don't.

Is that response created from just 1 brain cell arching or 2?

"He is far from Stupid"

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Why not just use a spotlight and shoot out the truck window ? I mean as long as everything is acceptable as long as it's legal why not just legalize spotlighting and make things as easy as possible for the lazy and inept ?

Wouldn't bother me any.
So is there any point at which we stop calling it "hunting" and admit that we are just killing or is anything "hunting" so long as we're killing ? I shoot squirrels off the wifes bird feeders sometimes but don't call it "hunting" but maybe some would ? Likewise, I shoot woodchucks in the summer but I have a hard time saying I like to go woodchuck hunting cuz there really ain't much "hunting" to it. How about if we put up a surveilance camera over a bait pile with a monitor in the living room, embed some C-4 in the bait with a remote detonator and just blow shyt up with the push of a button from the comfort of the lazy boy ? Would that count as "hunting" too?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There is a lot of narrow minded attitude displayed on this thread. I just like being outdoors, the less populated and more scenic the country the better. When I meet someone 5 miles from the trailhead, at that moment in time we are sharing an experience only known to others like us. I won't know or care if they approve of my intentions or methods. I see plenty of hunters every year that to me degrade the experience by using ATVs and radios and run generators and play loud music, to each their own. The west is a big place and I have most of it to myself in the winter so I predator hunt and rarely see of hear a soul. If your method of hunting is enjoyable and legal go for it w/ gusto no matter where you live.

Except Texas, those folks are strangegrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 11 of 62 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10Glocks, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 58 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,446
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.