E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Except Texas, those folks are strangegrin
mike r

When I meet someone 5 miles from the trailhead, at that moment in time we are sharing an experience only known to others like us.

Sounds like you thoroughly enjoy your Brokeback Mountain “experiences”.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
texas is hilarious generally when it comes to hunting. most people think they are huge hunters. YES I know quite a few animals get killed there by hunters. but generally speaking this is done by very few of the general populace. The area I lived didn't have any deer, why you ask? the reason is if a deer did show itself it would have been shot, wouldn't have mattered if it was in the middle of june, may whenever. there simply was not deer because they had all been killed. by the same token hogs were a problem in some areas. I have to laugh if hogs were anywhere in a public land state they wouldn't last long. seems counter intuitive that game are so much more easily managed on public land, both preserved or eradicated, whereas with no public land like you have in texas it seems like you get neither.

texas does have a huge thing going for it and when I go back to visit I am reminded why Texas always has an independent spirit to it. The reason is the small towns, it very common to have property and land there be it 5-10 acres with a house or whatever. This more spread out situation makes people more independent because they rightly realize look I simply don't need that much from the government. If need be our town can secure itself. I could drill a well for water. So many areas could simply go back in time 120 years and still manage to make it. This makes a keep the government off my back mentality. I greatly miss that. I live in the heart of the west with public land everywhere the problem this creates is it clusters the population, the more densley populated an area becomes the more liberal and less freedom the government becomes.

still being able to drive an hour in any direction, shoot guns, ride ATV's shoot jackrabbits, camp, do what I want. I would never trade that to move back to texas, but hey at least you guys have Whataburger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone can set and fill a feeder, then shoot out a shootin house at 20-40 yards. If I’m self righteous for pointing that out, so be it. If that’s as far as your hunting ability takes you, so be it. If smoking something like that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, bragging ammo..fine with me.

IMO that’s what also gives hunters a bad name. Anti’s watch that dumb [bleep] on TV and I have to agree with them, where’s the sport in that? Really?

Wounded warrior, introducing a kid to the sport, sure.

Don’t blow smoke up my ass and expect me to agree..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It just keeps getting better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jlboykin

I guess that shoe fit..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
mike r

When I meet someone 5 miles from the trailhead, at that moment in time we are sharing an experience only known to others like us.

Prior to that statement I just considered you retarded and obnoxious, your other tendencies were assumed but now confirmed.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by milespatton
I'd really like to see a list of what type of hunting is completely acceptable here.

Anyone?

Hell that is easy. Ya got to do it like the poster that you are talking to does it. miles

Loin cloth and a sharp stick!!!,! 😂

Well, no loin cloth (that'd be silly) but I have hunted barefoot, in sandals, and in handmade leather soled mockersins. With a 13 oz (55lb draw wt) stick bow and a wooden arrow. Am I getting close to having a completely acceptable method of hunting? confused

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Rock arrow points? cool

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by jlboykin

I guess that shoe fit..

I’ve hunted lots of public land in the west. I just don’t have to depend on the federal or state gov’t to subsidize my hobbies.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You boys are going to hurt poor Elkhumper/💩buckhunters feelings.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
mike r

Prior to that statement I just considered you retarded and obnoxious, your other tendencies were assumed but now confirmed.

mike r

Elksucker91 is Squats To Pee.

His only purpose for posting on this board is to troll people.

David

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I troll people, but I'm not a dick

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That’s funny and I’m sure true...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Tell me...what's the difference in me walking thousands of acres in Colorado at 8500+ elev. elk hunting (guiding or self-guided) on a "lease" vs. walking "public land" in Colorado elk hunting?

Seriously, you need this explained to you?

I love hunting private land, especially when friends invite me to. And the reason is as obvious as the biggest difference in hunting private vs. public pand----on private land I don't have to compete with every Tom, DIck, and Harry who wants to hunt the same land.

Hunting without that competition is a huge adavantage, especially for a species like elk that draws hunters from all over the country. Why else would people pay thousands of dollars to do it? The animals aren't pressured, you don't have to walk as far to get away from other hunters, and you can normally drive near your kill to pack it out. Which makes a huge difference with animals like elk.

Smokepole....watching you "claim" to go elk hunting last year on this website was the funniest schit I've ever seen posted on the internet, when I personally seen you were still signed in on here at around 8:30 PM the night before your opener ....that you had to drive across Colorado to be to the next morning. You see....you "supposedly" were driving back home all day Monday, and didn't post all day until late Monday night....so here's the catch....if it took you all day to drive back on Monday, then it sure is funny how you were in the field hunting on opening day, Saturday morning,.....when you were still signed onto this website Friday night at 8:30 PM...when "real" elk hunters are going to bed "AT" their hunting location, trail head, or already on the property they will hunt when they awake.

Also...you only hunted, "supposedly" for 2 days of the 5 day season...you started driving back on a Monday after only hunting for 2 days. I don't know "any" elk hunter that plans to go hunt for only 2 DAYS in a 5 day season...yet you "gave up" after hunting only 2 days.

You claimed you were hurt and couldn't hunt your bow season, and traded out tags to hunt first rifle season.

You "claimed" you walked 8 miles each day at 11K+ elev. through high snow, and didn't see anything or sign.

You had a whole month to re-plan your hunting strategy from the same area you bow hunt "supposedly".

Any "real" elk hunter knows snow pushes the elk down to feed in the lower areas...yet you went high, 11K+ elev.

Reading your posts are as funny as watching Johnny Carson growing up.

Thanks for the laughs.

P.S. I like how you posted in the BackPack forum, "work out thread" about only hunting 2 days, so you could "hide" your story from the elk hunters in the elk hunting forum....great laughs.

LOL, if you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous. I never knew you followed me so closely, should I be flattered? Apparently not closely enough though, you got just about everything you said about me wrong.

Of course, when you have zero response to the points I made in my previous post, personal attacks are all you have left, right?

First, as far as being signed in the night before the opener and then needing to drive across the state, that's outstanding work, Encyclopedia Brown. The only thing unaccounted for is the fact that it's not only possible but quite simple to log on to this site on a cell phone, many of us do it all the time. You were aware of that, right? Sorry, dumb question obviously you weren't aware of that. I was logged in the night before the opener, as I sat in my rented room in Rico Colorado. Look it up on a map. If you want to dispute that, let's make a sizable wager, I rented the room with a credit card so it'll be easy to prove. We can even ask Andrew (the owner of the Inn) what time I left in the morning if you'd like. Hint--it was before the breakfast service.

Second, I never had an archery tag or planned to go archery hunting, get your facts straight. You want to place a sizable wager on that, it's easy to prove also just let me know.

Third, as far as "claiming to be hurt," I didn't. What I "claimed" is what actually happened. I got a cut on my elbow that punctured the bursa and caused an infection that put me in the hospital getting IV antibiotics for three days. That was right before the muzzleloader season and when I was discharged I had to have a PIC line (google it) put in my arm so I could continue giving myself IV antibiotics for a total of four weeks. If you think that's "funny" you're a warped individual. No way I could go on the planned backpack hunt with a catheter in my arm and daily injections of antibiotics that required refrigeration. You want to dispute any of that, let me know, I have medical records out the wazoo. How much would you like to wager?

Last, as far as "quitting after 2 days," I quit for two reasons. First, the animals weren't in my favorite spots. I hunt the early seasons and the areas I like to hunt (and know) are all up near timberline. In those areas, first rifle seaosn is always a crapshoot, sometimes snow, many times not. But I hunt them anyway because where I hunt is more important to me than whether I get an animal. If getting an animal was more important to me, I'd pay someone to hunt on lower elevation private land like you do. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just not a priority for me. And yes, last year there was lots of snow and very little fresh sign in my favorite spot. I did an 8 mile loop the first day, then decided to go somewhere else, down at lower elevation the second two days, Sunday and Monday morning. Couldn't really put in the miles to effectively check out the new area though, because of the two three-inch screws that had been used to fuse my ankle eight months prior that were causing a fair amount of pain on long walks. Which was the second reason I came home. I had to get those screws removed in December, which is not normally done or covered by insurance unless the screws are causing a problem, which they were. You want to dispute that, let me know.

Lodging receipts and medical records don't lie, unlike pathetic little pukes like you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This thread is paying off. I think some of the funniest stuff is definitely coming out of Texas from those that feel cornered and get defensive. The whip cream on this cake (pun intended) has to be a Texan that doesn’t drink milk because he thinks it’s cow sperm. 😂.

I’ll bet just looking at a set of tits gets him confused. Freud was right...Texans are homocentric. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Canazes9
mike r

mike r

Elksucker91 is Squats To Pee.

His only purpose for posting on this board is to troll people.

David

TAK is back? I wish someone would post a list of sockpuppets and their owners.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Rock arrow points? cool

I most certainly would if I hunted in states that allow them.

I have an excellent source of obsidian in this area, matter of fact there's a big chunk sitting on the wooden border of the flower bed for decoration. Obsidian mines within a few miles of here. I'm sure a man of you profession knows how sharp an obsidian shard can be. wink

My stick bow is a commercial one too, but about as light as one can find and nearly as simple as an osage or yew bow.

Geno

PS, but I'm not a snob.....................I own and hunt with a firearm too............smokeless powder even. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I troll people, but I'm not a dick

But you do have one I'm sure?

DON'T send pics, as I'm sure you're not a Weiner too.

Geno

PS Do the folks down t' the free food line agree that you ain't a dick?

In it is contentment

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
mike r

mike r

Typical democrat you are....talk your crap about another state, and can't take the heat when someone better dishes it right back in your face.

And we see what "your other tendencies" are.

Go sit on your Bidet, and clean yourself up.....and change your Kotex.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Smokepole, Remember you’re arguing with a “guy” that thinks milk is cow sperm so bear that in mind as you attempt to argue facts with him.

I’m sitting in a hotel room in Chelan right now because I made a surprise visit to my in-laws to help out with winter chores and to check up on FIL with Alzheimer’s. This is an area I grew up hunting, the vastness of this area has always drawn me in. Lake Chelan is the 3rd deepest lake and is roughly 55 miles long. On this quick trip I’ve seen countless deer, a herd of over 50 bighorn sheep, mountain goats and tons of other critters. Not one of them was artificially attracted by bait and they were all on public land. The jagged peaks of the North Cascades and the Sawtooth wilderness frames this beautiful lake and if a guy spent his entire life hunting this area alone he’d never see even a fraction of what’s available to him.

I don’t care how another guy hunts as long as it’s legal but I do find the extreme defensiveness displayed as a manifestation of a guilty conscience. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 12 of 62 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 59 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,366
Posts18,527,291
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.