Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 62 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 61 62
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by milespatton
I'd really like to see a list of what type of hunting is completely acceptable here.

Anyone?

Hell that is easy. Ya got to do it like the poster that you are talking to does it. miles

Loin cloth and a sharp stick!!!,! 😂

Well, no loin cloth (that'd be silly) but I have hunted barefoot, in sandals, and in handmade leather soled mockersins. With a 13 oz (55lb draw wt) stick bow and a wooden arrow. Am I getting close to having a completely acceptable method of hunting? confused

Geno

Amateur. I actually DID wear a loincloth once, because it turned a woman on, and she bought it. (Laughing) of course it wasn't GAME I was hunting at the time..... smile

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Anyone can set and fill a feeder, then shoot out a shootin house at 20-40 yards. If I’m self righteous for pointing that out, so be it. If that’s as far as your hunting ability takes you, so be it. If smoking something like that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, bragging ammo..fine with me.

IMO that’s what also gives hunters a bad name. Anti’s watch that dumb [bleep] on TV and I have to agree with them, where’s the sport in that? Really?

Wounded warrior, introducing a kid to the sport, sure.

Don’t blow smoke up my ass and expect me to agree..

They may view that as low hanging fruit..

But does the way you or I hunt really offend them any less?

No.

They are offended by any hunting of any animal.

They also like division among our ranks. They sure don't have it with their anti-hunting cause.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by deflave
ElkSlayer,

Are you from Texas?

Are your 2 brain cells attempting to fire?

I think you're afraid to answer the question.

I know the rest of Texas is hoping you don't.

Is that response created from just 1 brain cell arching or 2?

Ok, Clark and Travis, tell Dave the popcorn is ready.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kellory
I'd really like to see a list of what type of hunting is completely acceptable here.

Anyone?

Hell that is easy. Ya got to do it like the poster that you are talking to does it. miles

Well, no loin cloth (that'd be silly) but I have hunted barefoot, in sandals, and in handmade leather soled mockersins. With a 13 oz (55lb draw wt) stick bow and a wooden arrow. Am I getting close to having a completely acceptable method of hunting? confused

Geno

Amateur. I actually DID wear a loincloth once, because it turned a woman on, and she bought it. (Laughing) of course it wasn't GAME I was hunting at the time..... smile

We know you were hunting BBW cougar.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Except Texas, those folks are strangegrin
mike r

When I meet someone 5 miles from the trailhead, at that moment in time we are sharing an experience only known to others like us.

Sounds like you thoroughly enjoy your Brokeback Mountain “experiences”.

Prior to that statement I just considered you retarded and obnoxious, your other tendencies were assumed but now confirmed.

mike r

Elksucker91 is Squats To Pee.

His only purpose for posting on this board is to troll people.

David

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Affirmative Action Poster Alert ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Anyone?

Geno

And no doubt you were indoors?

If not, I commend you, especially if it was a bit chilly and the loincloth was not down lined. That may have caused some consternation on the part of the Indian Maiden.

Always keep the toys warm you know.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"We know you were hunting BBW cougar."
Oh hell no. Young, cute, hot and wet. It was an excellent......hunting season. wink
Edit: no, it was outdoors.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Anyone can set and fill a feeder, then shoot out a shootin house at 20-40 yards. If I’m self righteous for pointing that out, so be it. If that’s as far as your hunting ability takes you, so be it. If smoking something like that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, bragging ammo..fine with me.

IMO that’s what also gives hunters a bad name. Anti’s watch that dumb [bleep] on TV and I have to agree with them, where’s the sport in that? Really?

Wounded warrior, introducing a kid to the sport, sure.

Don’t blow smoke up my ass and expect me to agree..

They may view that as low hanging fruit..

But does the way you or I hunt really offend them any less?

No.

They are offended by any hunting of any animal.

They also like division among our ranks. They sure don't have it with their anti-hunting cause.

Probably not, Barry. But we don’t need anymore on their side, and when someone that hasn’t been raised around or exposed to it, I think they’re more likely to pick the other side, given the limited information they have.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh hell no. Young, cute, hot and wet. It was an excellent......hunting season. wink

runnin' round like wild injuns, were ya'?

Hope you didn't poke anyone's eye out. wink

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

runnin' round like wild injuns, were ya'?

Hope you didn't poke anyone's eye out. wink

Geno

It was a near miss, but a different weapon. She was not in that kind of danger.... smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by smokepole

Tell me...what's the difference in me walking thousands of acres in Colorado at 8500+ elev. elk hunting (guiding or self-guided) on a "lease" vs. walking "public land" in Colorado elk hunting?

Seriously, you need this explained to you?

I love hunting private land, especially when friends invite me to. And the reason is as obvious as the biggest difference in hunting private vs. public pand----on private land I don't have to compete with every Tom, DIck, and Harry who wants to hunt the same land.

Hunting without that competition is a huge adavantage, especially for a species like elk that draws hunters from all over the country. Why else would people pay thousands of dollars to do it? The animals aren't pressured, you don't have to walk as far to get away from other hunters, and you can normally drive near your kill to pack it out. Which makes a huge difference with animals like elk.

Smokepole....watching you "claim" to go elk hunting last year on this website was the funniest schit I've ever seen posted on the internet, when I personally seen you were still signed in on here at around 8:30 PM the night before your opener ....that you had to drive across Colorado to be to the next morning. You see....you "supposedly" were driving back home all day Monday, and didn't post all day until late Monday night....so here's the catch....if it took you all day to drive back on Monday, then it sure is funny how you were in the field hunting on opening day, Saturday morning,.....when you were still signed onto this website Friday night at 8:30 PM...when "real" elk hunters are going to bed "AT" their hunting location, trail head, or already on the property they will hunt when they awake.

Also...you only hunted, "supposedly" for 2 days of the 5 day season...you started driving back on a Monday after only hunting for 2 days. I don't know "any" elk hunter that plans to go hunt for only 2 DAYS in a 5 day season...yet you "gave up" after hunting only 2 days.

You claimed you were hurt and couldn't hunt your bow season, and traded out tags to hunt first rifle season.

You "claimed" you walked 8 miles each day at 11K+ elev. through high snow, and didn't see anything or sign.

You had a whole month to re-plan your hunting strategy from the same area you bow hunt "supposedly".

Any "real" elk hunter knows snow pushes the elk down to feed in the lower areas...yet you went high, 11K+ elev.

Reading your posts are as funny as watching Johnny Carson growing up.

Thanks for the laughs.

P.S. I like how you posted in the BackPack forum, "work out thread" about only hunting 2 days, so you could "hide" your story from the elk hunters in the elk hunting forum....great laughs.

LOL, if you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous. I never knew you followed me so closely, should I be flattered? Apparently not closely enough though, you got just about everything you said about me wrong.

Of course, when you have zero response to the points I made in my previous post, personal attacks are all you have left, right?

First, as far as being signed in the night before the opener and then needing to drive across the state, that's outstanding work, Encyclopedia Brown. The only thing unaccounted for is the fact that it's not only possible but quite simple to log into this site on a cell phone, many of us do it all the time.. You were aware of that, right? Sorry, dumb question obviously you weren't aware of that. I was logged in the night before the opener, as I sat in my rented room in Rico Colorado. Look it up on a map. If you want to dispute that, let's make a sizable wager, I rented the room with a credit card so it'll be easy to prove. We can even ask Andrew (the owner of the Inn) what time I left in the morning if you'd like. Hint--it was before the breakfast service.

Second, I never had an archery tag or planned to go archery hunting, get your facts straight. You want to place a sizable wager on that, it's easy to prove also just let me know.

Third, as far as "claiming to be hurt," I didn't. What I "claimed" is what actually happened. I got a cut on my elbow that punctured the bursa and caused an infection that put me in the hospital getting IV antibiotics for three days. That was right before the muzzleloader season and when I was discharged I had to have a PIC line (google it) put in my arm so I could continue giving myself IV antibiotics for a total of four weeks. If you think that's "funny" you're a warped individual. No way I could go on the planned backpack hunt with a catherter in my arm and daily injections of antibiotics that required refrigeration. You want to dispute any of that, let me know, I have medical records out the wazoo. How much would you like to wager?

Last, as far as "quitting after 2 days," I quit for two reasons. First, the animals weren't in my favorite spots. I hunt the early seasons and the areas I like to hunt (and know) are all up near timberline. In those areas, first rifle seaosn is always a crapshoot, sometimes snow, many times not. But I hunt them anyway because where I hunt is more important to me than whether I get an animal. If getting an animal was more important to me, I'd pay someone to hunt on lower elevation private land like you do. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just not a priority for me. And yes, last year there was lots of snow and very little fresh sign in my favorite spot. I did an 8 mile loop the first day, then decided to go somewhere else, down at lower elevation the second two days, Sunday and Monday morning. Couldn't really put in the miles to effectively check out the new area though, becuase of the two three-inch screws in my ankle that were causing a fair amount of pain on long walks. Which was the second reason I came home. I had to get those screws removed in December, which is not normally done or covered by insurance unless the screws are causing a problem, which they were. You want to dispute that, let me know.

Lodging receipts and medical records don't lie, unlike pathetic little dipshcits like you.

You'd make an excellent fictional writer. You lie as good as any liberal I've ever seen.

When I get time, I'll prove your posting is nothing but lies.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Deer corn ain't cheap..sheesh,

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Elkhumper showing his ass again. What a complete surprise...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart

So is there any point at which we stop calling it "hunting" and admit that we are just killing or is anything "hunting" so long as we're killing ? I shoot squirrels off the wifes bird feeders sometimes but don't call it "hunting" but maybe some would ? Likewise, I shoot woodchucks in the summer but I have a hard time saying I like to go woodchuck hunting cuz there really ain't much "hunting" to it. How about if we put up a surveilance camera over a bait pile with a monitor in the living room, embed some C-4 in the bait with a remote detonator and just blow shyt up with the push of a button from the comfort of the lazy boy ? Would that count as "hunting" too?

I don't know what I'd call it but it's no dumber than somebody planting and cultivating food plots and name all their deer and leave trail cameras all over the GD place and shooting one on opening morning.

I think that's gayer than Texas but whatever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

We'll all move to the edge of our collective seats.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
😂😂😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone can set and fill a feeder, then shoot out a shootin house at 20-40 yards.

LOL. That IS true, but in some parts of the country you take what you can get. I'd much rather hunt deer out west than harvest them here in this part of the state, but it ain't in the cards for me---for a while at least. There's always the option of setting the feeder a little further away to make it a bit more interesting.

Have you ever done it with blinds and feeders? You can put a lot of work and money into that style of hunting. There are expenses and efforts that gotta be made...I always enjoyed being out on the lease and didn't mind a bit, but it can be a lot of work. Then when opening day comes, you get in your blind and wait. It becomes a lot like fishing at that point, and sometimes the real challenge is just staying awake.

I'd MUCH rather hunt somewhere around Piñon or Mayhill and use my feet instead of my butt, and hopefully I will in a few short years but for now I'm happy to just sit in a mesquite thicket with a rifle, and maybe sneak around a bit to see what I can scare up. In the meantime I'll just keep enjoying my last harvest, a young buck who was shot for eating my corn. He's chili in a pot in the fridge now.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Rock arrow points? cool

I most certainly would if I hunted in states that allow them.

I have an excellent source of obsidian in this area, matter of fact there's a big chunk sitting on the wooden border of the flower bed for decoration. Obsidian mines within a few miles of here. I'm sure a man of you profession knows how sharp an obsidian shard can be. wink

My stick bow is a commercial one too, but about as light as one can find and nearly as simple as an osage or yew bow.

Geno

PS, but I'm not a snob.....................I own and hunt with a firearm too............smokeless powder even. grin

Question. In my state, the size of the razerhead is regulated, but I know of no material requirements. Is there some reason why you could NOT use obsidian if you chose to use that method?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Tell me...what's the difference in me walking thousands of acres in Colorado at 8500+ elev. elk hunting (guiding or self-guided) on a "lease" vs. walking "public land" in Colorado elk hunting?

Seriously, you need this explained to you?

I love hunting private land, especially when friends invite me to. And the reason is as obvious as the biggest difference in hunting private vs. public pand----on private land I don't have to compete with every Tom, DIck, and Harry who wants to hunt the same land.

Hunting without that competition is a huge adavantage, especially for a species like elk that draws hunters from all over the country. Why else would people pay thousands of dollars to do it? The animals aren't pressured, you don't have to walk as far to get away from other hunters, and you can normally drive near your kill to pack it out. Which makes a huge difference with animals like elk.

Smokepole....watching you "claim" to go elk hunting last year on this website was the funniest schit I've ever seen posted on the internet, when I personally seen you were still signed in on here at around 8:30 PM the night before your opener ....that you had to drive across Colorado to be to the next morning. You see....you "supposedly" were driving back home all day Monday, and didn't post all day until late Monday night....so here's the catch....if it took you all day to drive back on Monday, then it sure is funny how you were in the field hunting on opening day, Saturday morning,.....when you were still signed onto this website Friday night at 8:30 PM...when "real" elk hunters are going to bed "AT" their hunting location, trail head, or already on the property they will hunt when they awake.

Also...you only hunted, "supposedly" for 2 days of the 5 day season...you started driving back on a Monday after only hunting for 2 days. I don't know "any" elk hunter that plans to go hunt for only 2 DAYS in a 5 day season...yet you "gave up" after hunting only 2 days.

You claimed you were hurt and couldn't hunt your bow season, and traded out tags to hunt first rifle season.

You "claimed" you walked 8 miles each day at 11K+ elev. through high snow, and didn't see anything or sign.

You had a whole month to re-plan your hunting strategy from the same area you bow hunt "supposedly".

Any "real" elk hunter knows snow pushes the elk down to feed in the lower areas...yet you went high, 11K+ elev.

Reading your posts are as funny as watching Johnny Carson growing up.

Thanks for the laughs.

P.S. I like how you posted in the BackPack forum, "work out thread" about only hunting 2 days, so you could "hide" your story from the elk hunters in the elk hunting forum....great laughs.

LOL, if you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous. I never knew you followed me so closely, should I be flattered? Apparently not closely enough though, you got just about everything you said about me wrong.

Of course, when you have zero response to the points I made in my previous post, personal attacks are all you have left, right?

First, as far as being signed in the night before the opener and then needing to drive across the state, that's outstanding work, Encyclopedia Brown. The only thing unaccounted for is the fact that it's not only possible but quite simple to log into this site on a cell phone, many of us do it all the time.. You were aware of that, right? Sorry, dumb question obviously you weren't aware of that. I was logged in the night before the opener, as I sat in my rented room in Rico Colorado. Look it up on a map. If you want to dispute that, let's make a sizable wager, I rented the room with a credit card so it'll be easy to prove. We can even ask Andrew (the owner of the Inn) what time I left in the morning if you'd like. Hint--it was before the breakfast service.

Second, I never had an archery tag or planned to go archery hunting, get your facts straight. You want to place a sizable wager on that, it's easy to prove also just let me know.

Third, as far as "claiming to be hurt," I didn't. What I "claimed" is what actually happened. I got a cut on my elbow that punctured the bursa and caused an infection that put me in the hospital getting IV antibiotics for three days. That was right before the muzzleloader season and when I was discharged I had to have a PIC line (google it) put in my arm so I could continue giving myself IV antibiotics for a total of four weeks. If you think that's "funny" you're a warped individual. No way I could go on the planned backpack hunt with a catherter in my arm and daily injections of antibiotics that required refrigeration. You want to dispute any of that, let me know, I have medical records out the wazoo. How much would you like to wager?

Last, as far as "quitting after 2 days," I quit for two reasons. First, the animals weren't in my favorite spots. I hunt the early seasons and the areas I like to hunt (and know) are all up near timberline. In those areas, first rifle seaosn is always a crapshoot, sometimes snow, many times not. But I hunt them anyway because where I hunt is more important to me than whether I get an animal. If getting an animal was more important to me, I'd pay someone to hunt on lower elevation private land like you do. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just not a priority for me. And yes, last year there was lots of snow and very little fresh sign in my favorite spot. I did an 8 mile loop the first day, then decided to go somewhere else, down at lower elevation the second two days, Sunday and Monday morning. Couldn't really put in the miles to effectively check out the new area though, becuase of the two three-inch screws in my ankle that were causing a fair amount of pain on long walks. Which was the second reason I came home. I had to get those screws removed in December, which is not normally done or covered by insurance unless the screws are causing a problem, which they were. You want to dispute that, let me know.

Lodging receipts and medical records don't lie, unlike pathetic little dipshcits like you.

You'd make an excellent fictional writer. You lie as good as any liberal I've ever seen.

Put your money where your big mouth is, you pathetic little twat.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Smokepole, Remember you’re arguing with a “guy” that thinks milk is cow sperm so bear that in mind as you attempt to argue facts with him.

Yeah, not only that, but a person who claims to be smarter than everyone else here combined, yet doesn't know that you can access the internet from a smart phone. Kind of makes you wonder what's up with this person.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 13 of 62 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 224th, 257man, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 59 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,396
Posts18,527,874
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.