-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 62 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 61 62
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aside from a 27 year old who thinks he's the first to have and voice a rational thought...

Hunt the way you like, or can.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Rock arrow points? cool

I most certainly would if I hunted in states that allow them.

I have an excellent source of obsidian in this area, matter of fact there's a big chunk sitting on the wooden border of the flower bed for decoration. Obsidian mines within a few miles of here. I'm sure a man of you profession knows how sharp an obsidian shard can be. wink

My stick bow is a commercial one too, but about as light as one can find and nearly as simple as an osage or yew bow.

Geno

PS, but I'm not a snob.....................I own and hunt with a firearm too............smokeless powder even. grin

Question. In my state, the size of the razerhead is regulated, but I know of no material requirements. Is there some reason why you could NOT use obsidian if you chose to use that method?

Well, thanks for the memory jog. I moved back to Cali permanently a couple of summers ago (2017) and haven't archery hunted here yet, so haven't looked closely at those regs, or at the regs for WA where I was a resident for a few years. Shoulder surgeries kept me from practicing/hunting so I wasn't interested except in the firearms sections.

Seems in Cali the regs call for a minimum 7/8" blade (cannot pass through a 7/8" hole) and mechanical heads are legal and measured in the open position. Seems when I was last a resident here (1999) I recall there was a restriction to "metal" heads.

Washington requires a "sharp" broadhead, again 7/8" minimum.

Now I have to research AZ too, as I hunt there at times. Mostly firearm, but now that my shoulders are better I may take advantage of archery seasons again. Those tags are still hard to draw given the number of modern archery equipment hunters nowadays.

Maybe I break out some palm leather, an antler point, and some eye protection and make me some points this summer. I've got some sinew stashed somewhere in the archery supplies too. This could be fun!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Rock arrow points? cool

I most certainly would if I hunted in states that allow them.

I have an excellent source of obsidian in this area, matter of fact there's a big chunk sitting on the wooden border of the flower bed for decoration. Obsidian mines within a few miles of here. I'm sure a man of you profession knows how sharp an obsidian shard can be. wink

My stick bow is a commercial one too, but about as light as one can find and nearly as simple as an osage or yew bow.

Geno

PS, but I'm not a snob.....................I own and hunt with a firearm too............smokeless powder even. grin

Question. In my state, the size of the razerhead is regulated, but I know of no material requirements. Is there some reason why you could NOT use obsidian if you chose to use that method?

Well, thanks for the memory jog. I moved back to Cali permanently a couple of summers ago (2017) and haven't archery hunted here yet, so haven't looked closely at those regs, or at the regs for WA where I was a resident for a few years. Shoulder surgeries kept me from practicing/hunting so I wasn't interested except in the firearms sections.

Seems in Cali the regs call for a minimum 7/8" blade (cannot pass through a 7/8" hole) and mechanical heads are legal and measured in the open position. Seems when I was last a resident here (1999) I recall there was a restriction to "metal" heads.

Washington requires a "sharp" broadhead, again 7/8" minimum.

Now I have to research AZ too, as I hunt there at times. Mostly firearm, but now that my shoulders are better I may take advantage of archery seasons again. Those tags are still hard to draw given the number of modern archery equipment hunters nowadays.

Maybe I break out some palm leather, an antler point, and some eye protection and make me some points this summer. I've got some sinew stashed somewhere in the archery supplies too. This could be fun!

Geno

Yes, it could be. I went primitive once before to see how primitive I could go, and still get meat.
These are Ohio regs:
"Archery Season
Longbow: Minimum draw weight 40 pounds. This includes compound bows and recurve bows. The arrow tip needs a minimum of two cutting edges, which may be exposed or unexposed and a minimum 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal.

Crossbow: Minimum draw weight 75 pounds. The arrow tip needs a minimum of two cutting edges, which may be exposed or unexposed and a minimum 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal."

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Dang, more ass has been shown in this thread than the Christian bashing one. Whodathunk?

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Smokepole, Remember you’re arguing with a “guy” that thinks milk is cow sperm so bear that in mind as you attempt to argue facts with him.

Yeah, not only that, but a person who claims to be smarter than everyone else here combined, yet doesn't know that you can access the internet from a smart phone. Kind of makes you wonder what's up with this person.

It's a Squats To Pee alter.

David

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Moneys the thing. Guessing they want $350k+ a 1/3.

That kinda money can buy less land but better deer in the delta.

Hmm, my Dad sold our 526 acres for 1.5M but it was worth 3M, 26 deer stand, 14 green fields, all ready to go, basically land in Woodville MS is 2700.00 - 3800.00 per acre

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Smokepole, Remember you’re arguing with a “guy” that thinks milk is cow sperm so bear that in mind as you attempt to argue facts with him.

Yeah, not only that, but a person who claims to be smarter than everyone else here combined, yet doesn't know that you can access the internet from a smart phone. Kind of makes you wonder what's up with this person.

David

No it's not. This guy makes Take-a-knee look like Dwayne (BC30cal). T-A-K was opinionated and confrontational but not nearly as ignorant as this person. I'm pretty sure T-A-K knew how to use a smart phone.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So is elkslayer take a knee?

Montana MOFO
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart

So is there any point at which we stop calling it "hunting" and admit that we are just killing or is anything "hunting" so long as we're killing ? I shoot squirrels off the wifes bird feeders sometimes but don't call it "hunting" but maybe some would ? Likewise, I shoot woodchucks in the summer but I have a hard time saying I like to go woodchuck hunting cuz there really ain't much "hunting" to it. How about if we put up a surveilance camera over a bait pile with a monitor in the living room, embed some C-4 in the bait with a remote detonator and just blow shyt up with the push of a button from the comfort of the lazy boy ? Would that count as "hunting" too?

I don't know what I'd call it but it's no dumber than somebody planting and cultivating food plots and name all their deer and leave trail cameras all over the GD place and shooting one on opening morning.

I think that's gayer than Texas but whatever.

Uh we are not supposed to name our deer??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
So is elkslayer take a knee?

Now there is a name i haven't heard in a long time.. Why did take a knee get ran off again I cant remember?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Canazes9

David

No it's not. This guy makes Take-a-knee look like Dwayne (BC30cal). T-A-K was opinionated and confrontational but not nearly as ignorant as this person. I'm pretty sure T-A-K knew how to use a smart phone.

It's him. It's all a troll.

David

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's a troll alright.

I was thinking it was Stripbuckhunter.

There's not a more ignorant SOB that ever crossed these pages than him.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's a troll alright.

That was the fella from Flagstaff wasn't it?? Worked for the city of Flagstaff something like that. Didn't Rick ban him??

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S
It's a troll alright.

That was the fella from Flagstaff wasn't it?? Worked for the city of Flagstaff something like that. Didn't Rick ban him??

Wasn't strip buck hunter the chicken legged digger in front of the fireplace?

Tennessee, iirc.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hanco's thread done been tarned into a football bat.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Whatever happened to Derby Dude?......Gus?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hanco's thread done been tarned into a football bat.

The title alone is worth 10 pages....the insinuation that Texas and hunting are not contradictory is worth 10 more. Add 10+10 and you’re left with a big tall glass of “cow sperm”.....which are contradictory words 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
It's a troll alright.

Tennessee, iirc.

Nope, youre wrong AND youre dreaming.

That was Allison XTB, aka Fart Sniffer

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by 79S
It's a troll alright.

Tennessee, iirc.

Nope, youre wrong AND youre dreaming.

That was Allison XTB, aka Fart Sniffer

Isn’t it time for your NyQuil?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Laffin a lot on this one. More ignorance than a room full of Democrats setting hunting seasons. Gotta hope it's mostly chain rattling but sure seems real. I know it's not very sportsman like but I'll be headed to the lease my wife and I were blessed to get up in the Blue Ridge Mountains come Monday. Need to monitor the turkey population a few days. Season ain't that far away. Beautiful land, mostly mountainous, and we can see a whole lot further than we can hunt from the high spots. It's just a fun place to be. There's thousands of public mountain land down southwest a few counties away but I wouldn't trade the whole lot for the 250 or so acres we'll have to ourselves and the odd time a good friend get's to come along. Already set the trophy rules. If it's legal, you really want to shoot it, and it makes you happy, it's fair game.

If possible we'll have bush hog work done in some old Christmas tree fields to keep them from being overgrown with scrub stuff critters can't eat. Hoping to put in 2 or 3 oat and clover patches with elevated stands by season after next. Probly hit the blackberry thickets with some fertilizer because deer love the foliage and everything else including us love the berries. Outside of the Christmas tree fields the land is THICK with hardwoods, rhododendron, laurel and young white pine stands along with being cut with several stream beds. Sneak hunting can be done but it'd be strictly along the old farm roads that remain. But since we really like to eat deer our real hunting will take place before and after hunting season. That's when we determine travel routes, bedding areas, feeding areas and no entry areas (deer need someplace in their range here where they're not pressured) before setting ambush points. Then we'll sit back and try to stay warm till it's time to shoot. Really looking forward to it. Hoping to have at least two enclosed blinds where we can use a propane heater. Some days with 20+ mph winds with 40 gusts and temps in the 20s or less a warm spot is a nice place to be.

To you all I'll just say I'm happy for you if you have a place to hunt. Each to his own.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 14 of 62 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,403
Posts18,527,970
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.