Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
With literally 1000’s of pistols and revolvers to choose from with every possible option from standard sights to reflex sights with co-witness capabilities...And, now rail mounted lights are gaining in popularity with CHL holders that holster manufacturers are addressing these options with new kydex and leather offerings...Has RMR sights and lights made you change what you tote for personal protection?

I’m on the fence with reflex sights on my carry gun. But, I see the benefit of a light attached to a home protection firearm. I still use my carry guns as my home protection guns and keep a light next to my pistol at night.

I primarily pack a couple pistols that I shoot a lot with...I’m good with either, but will change out according to what I’m wearing.

I’ve always loved a 45ACP for personal carry and range time. Nothing against a 9mm. I own many and enjoy shooting them, too.

Both of these pistols have proven themselves reliable in functionality with several thousands of rounds through each. I’ve had 3 stovepipes between the two pistols...Yeah, I keep tract of those things. 2 in the XD and one in the 1911. Springs were the likely culprit and were changed out immediately.

I prefer to carry my 1911 even though it’s heavier. It allows a faster, easier front sight picture than the shorter XDs for me.

Are you still carrying the same rig, or have you changed out to a reflex sight and light carry weapon?

[Linked Image]

The wife decided on the M&P Shield in 9mm after carrying a Kahr K9 stainless for several years. She wanted a CrimsonTrace and an upgraded trigger, which I obliged her on both.

[Linked Image]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I spent most of the day yesterday in and around a town of about 130K people, it took my DW 1911 10mm loaded with 200gr XTP's at 1200 fps, spare mags in back pocket were 140gr Lehigh Defense, I took it because I can hit with it better than my Glock or Sig, also had a REPR 7.62 buttstock wedged between my seat and the center armrest/console stuffed with 130gr TSX.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rockinbbar would say you were under armed without an AR in your rig. Those border town boys are always rolling heavy metal in their trucks working them prairies...😎

“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
For five or six years now, I've been carrying the Glock 17 most of the time, occasionally switching to the Glock 43 when zero printing is required. I switched from the S&W Model 13 (FBI pattern), which I loved to carry, and shot very well, due to increased capacity. The Glock 17 is light, flat (ergo, comfortable IWB), reliable, accurate, and high capacity, with the availability of super high capacity by keeping a loaded 24 or 33 round mag nearby (either of which can be quickly stashed in the outside corner of a front pants pocket). What's not to like?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Rockinbbar would say you were under armed without an AR in your rig. Those border town boys are always rolling heavy metal in their trucks working them prairies...😎

LOL, that REPR is a 308 AR on steroids, plus, my damn 1911's are simply more accurate guns, DW, Les Baer and even the little Colt 38 Super, and with a handgun, I need all the accuracy I can get.

Trump Won!
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

In today’s world with mass shooters useing high capacity weapons I feel that magazine capacity is more important that ever before. For an easy carry weapon with good magazine capacity I like the Sig P365. Comes with two 10 round mags and 12 round mags are available. The pistol disappears in a front jeans pocket. With 1 in the barrel and a 12 round mag that is 13 rounds which is equal to a High Power.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Haven't deviated much. Still carrying a Sig 226 most of the time it's a 357 Sig. 2 spare mags Ithat said I'm really liking the Legion 226 I picked up and that will likely get the carry nod once I get a couple more hundred rounds through it. The X-ray sights are very fast for me to aquire

I don't think an RMR type sight would work on a carry gun....for me. As JWP said mass shooters , along with increased accounts of multiple assailants have me gravitating towards higher capacity weapons

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500

LOL, that REPR is a 308 AR on steroids, plus, my damn 1911's are simply more accurate guns, DW, Les Baer and even the little Colt 38 Super, and with a handgun, I need all the accuracy I can get.

G5...Agreed. Accuracy is a blessing that is bestowed upon those who can hold their schit in should the “Fan” get turned on...Grin 😎

“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh and hope we're wearing a good set of goggles when it does.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
JWP and Gitem, I wish I could shoot my Sig, and or Glock as accurate as my 1911's, I am a forever retarded WW-I re-enactor I am afraid.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
git12...I’m in agreement with high capacity being a benefit in all things except size. I really try and stay away from malls and large gathering places that are well advertised, such as Christmas Tree lightings and Festivals. When I do attend these places. I’m carrying my Glock 17 with a couple mags in my jacket or on my belt...I can and will do winter events since it’s easy to hide my firearm. 😎

“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've never had a hard time hiding a full size gun. Except the G21 we had when I was on the job before we switched out...

My 226 mostly rides in either a Milt Sparks VM2 that I can cover with. T shirt of hoodie. Or a Sparks 55 BN. Under a sport coat, Blazer or other light Jacket

I don't normally keep a light on my carry gun now but did while working

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kahr P-380 in a Sneaky Pete when I want to be discreet.

Ruger SR-40C somewhat open when I dont. It just depends how long my shirt is.

These are the 2 I am wearing most of the time. Other guns I occasionally wear are a Kahr CW9 or a Ruger Single Seven.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I inherited my granddad's CZ 27 32 auto (7,65mm) and carried until I posted on this forum with a reference to it. The feedback was something like, friends don't let friends carry a 32 auto. So with the peer pressure I am now carrying a Kahr Cw9.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I rotate between a 2.0 M&P 4" Compact and a Shield, both 9mm. Occasionally a J frame S&W 642 .38 Special gets a ride. Not long ago I was shooting my S&W M15 quite a bit and for S&G I carried it concealed several times. I packed it in a high ride pancake. With a speed strip in the pocket it took me back about 30 something years ago.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
I inherited my granddad's CZ 27 32 auto (7,65mm) and carried until I posted on this forum with a reference to it. The feedback was something like, friends don't let friends carry a 32 auto. So with the peer pressure I am now carrying a Kahr Cw9.

Yeah, that happens around here, a lot. Like your rain coat thread. Damn New Zealander posts up a link to a $640 Swazi coat I figure won’t hurt to own...😎

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Haven't deviated much. Still carrying a Sig 226 most of the time it's a 357 Sig. 2 spare mags Ithat said I'm really liking the Legion 226 I picked up and that will likely get the carry nod once I get a couple more hundred rounds through it. The X-ray sights are very fast for me to aquire

I don't think an RMR type sight would work on a carry gun....for me. As JWP said mass shooters , along with increased accounts of multiple assailants have me gravitating towards higher capacity weapons

I’ve always carried a full size weapon until I tried the Sig P365 as it is light and easy to carry. Infact you forget you even have it and it is the first small pistol that I have tried that held enough capacity for me to use as a primary weapon. +P rated and easy to hit with.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
With literally 1000’s of pistols and revolvers to choose from with every possible option from standard sights to reflex sights with co-witness capabilities...And, now rail mounted lights are gaining in popularity with CHL holders that holster manufacturers are addressing these options with new kydex and leather offerings...Has RMR sights and lights made you change what you tote for personal protection?

I’m on the fence with reflex sights on my carry gun. But, I see the benefit of a light attached to a home protection firearm. I still use my carry guns as my home protection guns and keep a light next to my pistol at night.

I primarily pack a couple pistols that I shoot a lot with...I’m good with either, but will change out according to what I’m wearing.

I’ve always loved a 45ACP for personal carry and range time. Nothing against a 9mm. I own many and enjoy shooting them, too.

Both of these pistols have proven themselves reliable in functionality with several thousands of rounds through each. I’ve had 3 stovepipes between the two pistols...Yeah, I keep tract of those things. 2 in the XD and one in the 1911. Springs were the likely culprit and were changed out immediately.

I prefer to carry my 1911 even though it’s heavier. It allows a faster, easier front sight picture than the shorter XDs for me.

Are you still carrying the same rig, or have you changed out to a reflex sight and light carry weapon?

[Linked Image]

The wife decided on the M&P Shield in 9mm after carrying a Kahr K9 stainless for several years. She wanted a CrimsonTrace and an upgraded trigger, which I obliged her on both.

[Linked Image]

You have to pose it with a knife otherwise it doesn't look tough.

R
RJM Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
...next year will be 40 years with the same model...Colt Commander in .38 Super....

1980 to 2007...

[Linked Image]

2007 to today...

[Linked Image]

Both were made in 1952..just like me.....Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn NICE!

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 13 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,939
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.