-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 62 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 61 62
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see the internet badasses are still struggling for significance. Rick is brilliant for letting it go on though...it gives them a place to go, away from the grownups.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Ya know, it could well be that if the old timers saw all the stuff we use to take game in this day and age---and I'm talking about fine optics, hot dog rounds like the Ultra Mags, high-tech rifles, GPS, and all that stuff, they might say "that ain't hunting!"
Outside of the campfire, not as many folks use those things as you'd think. I've killed most of my deer over the years with a pair of lever action .30-30's. One scoped and one iron sighted. I do own a gps but have never used it, a Christmas gift from a well meaning aunt years ago. I've never used a game cam in my life and the only magnum rifle in my inventory is a .22 rimfire magnum. Hell my best friend and life long hunting partner kills more deer than CWD and still uses an old Mossberg slug gun most of the time.

Nothing would surprise me. I'm sure there are guys out there who have used only muzzle loaders, and I'm sure there are guys who wouldn't use anything but a 14-pound tacti-cool with a 20x FFP mil/mil scope. Different strokes for different folks.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by moosemike
I find it funny that some Floridian "Mr. Mom" has the nerve to call anyone else a queer as he lets his wife bring home the bacon and is the boss of his house. You probably wear her panties also although I am sure you are such a little puss that you would never tell her. Able bodied men work and support their families and don't stay at home and sponge off the wife. Also funny are the guys from the Pacific Northwest thinking they have the right to attack anyone. They live in such $hithole States and probably always will. How typically liberal. "We are right and everyone else is wrong. You have to do things the way we want of you are wrong. Period". Sound familiar? Ya'll are all a bunch of whiney a$$ self important bitches that I will add to my ignore list since I have no tolerance for the likes of ya'll. Bunch of pathetic losers. I wouldn't put up with your crap around a real camp fire and I darn sure won't here.

Jim

Damn but Texans are kghunty.

Nope. Just tired of the BS from certain Aholes. Both northeast and northwest. Lot of good folks out there too but I am talking to those who are true blue aholes. They might even be smart enough to know who they are. Though doubtful. Also, please do stay in PA. We sure as hell don't need or want you here. That's YOU personally.

Jim

Is a Texas Batman similar to Special Olympics Batman?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As I posted earlier, I don't put out corn, because it's a waste of my money to do so here. There's just too much other food for the deer to eat, and I've never seen a benefit. If I lived somewhere else, I might think differently about it.

As far as other things go, we all have our likes and dislikes. I prefer hunting with a bolt action rifle, others like levers, pumps, or AR's.......and I've used all of those at one time or another. I used to bow hunt, and killed several deer with a bow, but don't hunt now because of shoulder problems. Personally, I think bow hunters lose a lot of the deer that they shoot, and don't admit to it. I also can't get real excited about hunting with a muzzleloader, as it's gone from the primitive kind of hunting that it once was, to using rifles that do not fit the muzzleloader/black powder definition IMO. I'll admit that I had more fun hunting with my open sighted Hawken style rifle, as I do my scoped black powder rifle that will shoot accurately out to 200 yards.

Also, it's the same way with deer stands. I built the first tree stand in my part of the country when I was a 15 year old kid. Nobody around here had heard of anyone nailing planks to a tree in order to sit in and wait for a deer to come by. I went from that to using the climbing stands, where if you let that climber slide off your feet, you were left hanging to that tree......and I know how it felt. I went from building ladder stands out of wood, so heavy it took a tractor to move it into location, to using the lightweight metal ones today. These days, I mostly hunt out of my elevated shooting house, totally enclosed, and have a propane heater to keep warm. I have froze my azz off enough, and don't have a desire to sit out in a tree, in the wet and cold......but I have, many, many times.

While I was once all about killing something, I've reached a stage in my life when it's more important to me for the grandkids to do the shooting, with me just along for the ride. That's just me, others may see it differently. But, I don't think you should knock another guy's method, as long as they're legal. Yes, some of it may be unethical, and sooner or later, it'll catch up with him, and he'll have to pay the price, it usually does. The best thing is to just do what you think is best for you, and don't worry about the other guy.

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I like to bow hunt, I’m beginning to feel bad for hunting by my feeders.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
your compadre Dan Adair is a good guy to hang with.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
still get a kick out of the monotone cadence of the accent though.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stxhunter
your compadre Dan Adair is a good guy to hang with.

He out givin' free BJ's again?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find it funny that some Floridian "Mr. Mom" has the nerve to call anyone else a queer as he lets his wife bring home the bacon and is the boss of his house. You probably wear her panties also although I am sure you are such a little puss that you would never tell her. Able bodied men work and support their families and don't stay at home and sponge off the wife. Also funny are the guys from the Pacific Northwest thinking they have the right to attack anyone. They live in such $hithole States and probably always will. How typically liberal. "We are right and everyone else is wrong. You have to do things the way we want of you are wrong. Period". Sound familiar? Ya'll are all a bunch of whiney a$$ self important bitches that I will add to my ignore list since I have no tolerance for the likes of ya'll. Bunch of pathetic losers. I wouldn't put up with your crap around a real camp fire and I darn sure won't here.

Jim

Nope. Just tired of the BS from certain Aholes. Both northeast and northwest. Lot of good folks out there too but I am talking to those who are true blue aholes. They might even be smart enough to know who they are. Though doubtful. Also, please do stay in PA. We sure as hell don't need or want you here. That's YOU personally.

Jim

I'd never be able to tolerate y'alls tender ego's anyhow.

Like we would really give a rats behind. Lucky us.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Jim

Jim

Is a Texas Batman similar to Special Olympics Batman?

I am disappointed in you flave. I expected more. smile

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This would be humorous, if it wasn't just downright sad. We are our own worst enemy...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FOsteology
This would be humorous, if it wasn't just downright sad. We are our own worst enemy...
really sad grown men argue over this chit...

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Yep and yep.

That's been my point all along.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yep and yep.

That's been my point all along.

Very Sad indeed, ruined a good thread

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've said all along: during the upcoming CWII a firefight will falter because our side stands up to start arguing about beans/or not for the chili supper that night.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I've said all along: during the upcoming CWII a firefight will falter because our side stands up to start arguing about beans/or not for the chili supper that night.

LOL.

Jim

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I am disappointed in you flave. I expected more. smile

Jim

Pffftt.

I've been hearing that since I was 15.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I feel blessed that we have our own land in the family for hunting. Gives a place for my father, myself and my kids to go and hunt. I try to take out some new hunters every year, just to get them into the sport and interested.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I killed this javelina using an electronic call. Before I did so,I called the G&F Dept in Las Cruces to ask if it was legal to do so and they said "yes,it was legal." Tell you what,that was exciting hearing the javelina grunting coming in to the call.
[Linked Image]

Did you read this thread?

Not all of it.

Sheee it. I knew there was something wrong. I did, in a fit of forgetfullness that after 3 pages we just skip to the last page and post whatever we want anyhow.

OH, nice pig Ken!!

So, to define:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Hunting+definition&t=ffsb&ia=definition

Lots of definitions there, all over the place. One of them references the Brits, apparently some of whom consider hunting to be the chasing of foxes and such with dogs and horses. Killing game with guns is called shooting in some circles there.

I've sat/stood in a tree stand watching trails in NW PA, it wasn't fun and it was downright cold one morning, even with an insulated suit and pac boots on.
I've sat alongside logs/rocks watching trails and it was about as much fun as the ones in PA. I've sat watching waterholes in the desert SW too.

I'd likely have been diagnosed with ADD or some sh--t when I was kid, but that didn't happen then. I have a hard time sitting for hours anywhere and keeping concentration. So I mostly still hunt, or stop and glass for a bit. After an hour of that stuff, without seeing much, I'm going for a walk.

Now, If I was invited to a hunt in TX out of a box blind over the mesquite thickets, I'd probably take someone up on it..............assuming that if I didn't see anything after a while, even a pig or cull buck, I might have to go on a walkabout and check out the scenery, look for tracks, birds, javelina, snakes and coatis.

Everyone "hunt" they way they want, as long as you're not in a 1/2 acre enclosure with a high fence stocked with the "game animal" of the day. I believe in fair chase, and if you're hunting from a blind and the critters can decide not to walk in front of your porthole, so be it.

Geno

PS what the heck is with this language problem we have here. Sit and set are two different words. I set crap on a table, I set up a stand or blind. I sit in a chair or I sit and watch for deer. Criminy, y'all needs t' lern t' speek. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Feeder goes off at 6:30, we’ll be there at 6:00. Succefully “hunted” that sob at 6:35.

High fives all around. Lol...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 22 of 62 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,353
Posts18,527,038
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.