Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 62 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 61 62
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Yeah, Hanco, post that feeder pic.

If I had deer close to my house, I'd put a feeder right outside my shop so I wouldn't have to drag it very far to hang it and field dress it.....

I’m not surprised. Then you’d post it on FB and act like you did something special, right?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

If I had deer close to my house, I'd put a feeder right outside my shop so I wouldn't have to drag it very far to hang it and field dress it.....

I feed corn a hundred yards off my front patio.

1) To watch the deer.

2) To kill those damn hogs.

I have motion activated solar lights out there. Those hogs get lit up, and I lay the wood to 'em! Not sure how many I've killed at night shooting off the hood of my truck on hogs lit up feeding there. Probably 50 or more.... Unethical non hunting bastid that I am. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

1) To watch the deer.

I have motion activated solar lights out there. Those hogs get lit up, and I lay the wood to 'em! Not sure how many I've killed at night shooting off the hood of my truck on hogs lit up feeding there. Probably 50 or more.... Unethical non hunting bastid that I am. wink

I’d do that too. All day long, but I wouldn’t say I was hunting.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’m not surprised. Then you’d post it on FB and act like you did something special, right?

I'd post it right here on the 'Fire just to annoy holier-than-thou hunting purists like you.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

1) To watch the deer.

That's not hunting to me. It's pest control. Same as when I shoot woodchucks outta my garden.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'd post it right here on the 'Fire just to annoy holier-than-thou hunting purists like you.

Thanks. I wouldn’t expect anything less.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

1) To watch the deer.

I’d do that too. All day long, but I wouldn’t say I was hunting.

Neither would I (nor most everyone else I know here in Texas), but don't care if others do.

There's a lot of things and behaviors I don't agree with in this world, but as long as it's legal and doesn't adversely affect me or mine... I don't give a sheit.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You are sure hung up on that word, "hunting"...

I think your definition and TPWD's definition may differ a bit.

Hunt: To capture, trap, take, or kill, and includes the act of attempting to capture, trap, take, or kill.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/general-regulations/definitions

A hunting license is required of any person (resident or nonresident), of any age, to hunt any animal, bird, frog or turtle in this state, except the following:

coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking, about to attack, or have recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowl.
depredating feral hogs, if a landowner (resident or non- resident) or landowner’s agent or lessee is taking feral hogs causing depredation on the landowner’s land.
fur-bearing animals, if the hunter possesses a commercial trapper’s license.
depredating fur-bearing animals, if a landowner (resident or non-resident) or landowner’s agent is taking fur-bearing animals causing depredation on the landowner’s land. No portion of the nuisance fur-bearer may be possessed, sold or retained for any purpose.

"But Mr. Warden, I wasn't hunting deer. I was killing over corn. I don't need no license for that, right?" laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lmao. You quoting wiki now? Whatever makes you feel better, buddy.

You can “hunt” however you feel like...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Umm. No.

TPWD. https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/licenses/hunting-licenses-and-permits

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Me, slumlord and sandbilly.
Gonna go do this !!!!
25 bucks a day boat rental on a private lake.
Buy your own shells and gas.
Steel shot of course, #6,s work best.
None of us wanna harm Donald and friends.
We are all captain planet nazi warriors.

Just checking in again and making sure sandbilly is making lasting internet friendships.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Umm. No.

TPWD. https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/licenses/hunting-licenses-and-permits

Texas hunting regs? Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Me, slumlord and sandbilly.
Gonna go do this !!!!
25 bucks a day boat rental on a private lake.
Buy your own shells and gas.
Steel shot of course, #6,s work best.
None of us wanna harm Donald and friends.
We are all captain planet nazi warriors.

Just checking in again and making sure sandbilly is making lasting internet friendships.

Oh, Ren, lots of friends here. You say when, we’ll [bleep] it up..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've heard tales of people out in the sandhills of W. Texas and New Mexico driving down dirt road until they cross deer tracks.

They study newer tracks and make an estimation of how good the buck may or may not be, then get out and track the buck until they get a shot.

An ethical hunter sure wouldn't be using a 4x4 pickup to do that with. Horse would do fine. Not Hunting!

Those scoped, high velocity, repeating rifles are unsportsmanlike as well. You need a flintlock. Not Hunting!

Be sure and don't carry shooting sticks. It gives you an unfair advantage! Not Hunting!

Now... On to "Fishing" Ol' TxJag and myself took a couple of burlap bags of soured grain out and tied them up to a tree stump in a lake a couple years ago.

I reckon we were "Not Fishing" around them... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Umm. No.

Texas hunting regs? Lmao

You can use whatever hunting regs you want. I think while in Rome, I'll use the Roman regs.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard tales of people out in the sandhills of W. Texas and New Mexico driving down dirt road until they cross deer tracks.

They study newer tracks and make an estimation of how good the buck may or may not be, then get out and track the buck until they get a shot.

An ethical hunter sure wouldn't be using a 4x4 pickup to do that with. Horse would do fine. Not Hunting!

Those scoped, high velocity, repeating rifles are unsportsmanlike as well. You need a flintlock. Not Hunting!

Be sure and don't carry shooting sticks. It gives you an unfair advantage! Not Hunting!

Now... On to "Fishing" Ol' TxJag and myself took a couple of burlap bags of soured grain out and tied them up to a tree stump in a lake a couple years ago.

I reckon we were "Not Fishing" around them... grin

You’re starting to sound desperate now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

No. Desperate is making enemies of your friends over something as stupid as this.

Just to make your point.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Wow, last time I heard someone whine and cry about what someone else was doing was at my daughter's 7th grade slumber party. I think one of the other girls didn't like my daughter's curling iron.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No. Desperate is making enemies of your friends over something as stupid as this.

Just to make your point.

What can I say? I feel strongly about my point, as you do. You’re the one that started the half ass call out thread.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Wow, last time I heard someone whine and cry about what someone else was doing was at my daughter's 7th grade slumber party. I think one of the other girls didn't like my daughter's curling iron.

Ok, hack..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 24 of 62 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,387
Posts18,527,678
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.