-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My EDC is a gen 4 G19, with nights, extended slide lock lever and extended mag release. It's loaded with 124gr XTP's for the scientific reason that I heard they're good. I carry it during the week in a kydex OWB with a spare magazine also in a kydex OWB. (On weekends, I carry it in a kydex IWB). My draw stroke is better with the OWB holster. I get a shooting grip more quickly and easily. Everything conceals well under my suit coat.

When I go through the parking lot of the courthouse (about a 70 yd walk) any attackers are likely going to be after me specifically, and I'll likely be on my own for up to several minutes until help arrives. I'm considering adding a second spare magazine. I've been confronted more than once about throwing somebody's wife or friend in jail, and they think intimidation will get them the result they desire. Naturally it doesn't. Fortunately, to date I've faced nothing more than angry words.

The Streamlight works on either a CR123a or AA battery (which is a nice option). It's rated at 350 lumens, but more important to me is that the throw is easily 100 yards.

This is a pocket dump after arriving at work this morning. If you're wondering about the texturing on my knife, I did it myself with a ball peen hammer and a punch. The metal body had gotten super slick just by being carried for years:
[Linked Image]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Wade
Is that a tension adjustment screw on the holster?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Carried a PM9 for 12 years or so, until I watched one too many carjacking reports on Ch 7 News Miami (where I often find myself) and decided I needed more capacity.

Carried a G19 for about a year until I thought a bigger hole was mo betta.

Switched to a G41 and have been carrying that for about a year now. But, it does get heavy-feeling now and then. That's when I'll switch back to the G19 or my S&W 66-1 for a while. However, the G41 always goes with me if I'm crossing the Miami-Dade county line or going into brown town.

As of about 6 months ago, there is always a G21 in the truck as backup. And 5 or 6 .45 mags in the console.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Beaver10: Glock Model 22 in 40 S&W with night sights and high cap magazines filled with top quality hollowpoints!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2.0 Compact with a Deltapoint. I'm carrying and teaching with a dot at work so I wanted to keep things consistent. It doesn't make the gun any harder to conceal and I really see no downside, other than the initial cost.

Still working on a holster that'll accommodate the TLR7 but with the dot and an EDC light it doesn't seem as crucial as when I was just running iron sights.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Maybe a backpack?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Blue, the M2.0 looks like a good compromise in a scaled down concealer with light and RF sight...A lot to like right there...

Did you work the stock trigger down? Or running it as is? I dropped an Apex trigger in the wife’s Shield. Major improvement in shootability 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I polished the plunger before I installed the MRDS but it really didn't need it. I wouldn't have bothered removing the front sight just to do that. The 2.0 triggers are very, very usable right out of the box.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did you have any difficulty transitioning from irons to the dot sight as far as speed of aquisition?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Wade
Is that a tension adjustment screw on the holster?

Yes.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I found the trigger on the wife’s Shield to be a poor offering. Gritty, didn’t provide a fast reset due to felt binding. Bought this pistol 3 years ago. Only M&P I own. Possibly improvements were made since. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
For pocket carry, a Beretta Nano with Lasermax laser, 6 round magazine in the gun a 2 spare 8 round magazines. For belt carry, inside or outside the waist band a Beretta 92F and 2 reloads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Did you have any difficulty transitioning from irons to the dot sight as far as speed of aquisition?

Yes. I didn't start carrying it for about 800 rounds, IIRC. That was a good bit more than I expected to need. But now I don't have any problems with it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Yes. I didn't start carrying it for about 800 rounds, IIRC. That was a good bit more than I expected to need. But now I don't have any problems with it.

Brother you're gonna start costing me money.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

And YOU me Big G, telling me about those Legions. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Love mine Jerry.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2.0 Compact with a Deltapoint. I'm carrying and teaching with a dot at work so I wanted to keep things consistent. It doesn't make the gun any harder to conceal and I really see no downside, other than the initial cost.

Still working on a holster that'll accommodate the TLR7 but with the dot and an EDC light it doesn't seem as crucial as when I was just running iron sights.

[Linked Image]

Blue, That’s the first duty weapon I’ve seen an LEO carry with a Deltapoint on it. Your Liberal Dept actually approved that ??? 😜 it’s good to see you posting again. I’ve missed your informative posts.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/11/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Love mine Jerry.

I hear you neighbor, already watched some u-tube videos on them, NICE!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gunner,
I played with one of those Sig Legion 226 models at my buddy’s gun store a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit I was quite impressed by it. And I’m not & never have been a a Sig fan until I bought my Sig P365 a few weeks back.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Gunner,
I played with one of those Sig Legion 226 models at my buddy’s gun store a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit I was quite impressed by it. And I’m not & never have been a a Sig fan until I bought my Sig P365 a few weeks back.

Good deal Neal, I'm getting a handle on that big Gen 4 model 21 I bought off you, plus, my dumbass has been shooting the chit out of my P226 again today, for fu-ks sake, i still cant figure out what in hell high bore axis is. crazy guess I just need to shoot some more. grin

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.