Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Texas really is a schit hole.

Even by Alabama standards.

Internet troll
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Do deer farts harm the planet 🌍 or is that just cow farts?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No, they work and pay taxes. They seem to do whatever it takes to make payments on new 4wd, 4 door, 3/4 ton grocery getters. Those must be popular over there?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by kellory
Kellory,

I bet you’d see more deer at the feeders if you put food in all of them rather than only two of the feeders. This is why you’re seeing more deer away from the feeders because all but two of your feeders are empty. Deer gotta eat too. Or did you make a typo ? Why have an empty feeder?

Edit: Ohio isn’t far if you need someone to show you.

No thanks, since I would have to charge the deer rent if I filled the other 3 feeders. They are empty and in storage. If the deer could get to them, I'd have scat throughout the cabin, and who needs that?
As for the lessons, I'd prefer to learn from someone who actually knew what he was talking about. Since you clearly do not, I'll stick with what works just fine.
About the only thing that will bring a mature buck out of the darkness, is sex, not food. Bucks feed at night.

Deer have sex? I’ve never learned so much about deer.

To interject a quick question here. Since when do big bucks only eat at night? News to me but I’ve only seen 30-35 bucks, 6-7 of those probably 150-160”ers at that, in the last 3 weeks. Best I can tell they were all eating or at least pretending to, all during the day BTW.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
We've been on the verge of legalizing corn for awhile now. I used to think I didn't care either way. Some want it, some don't, and some just don't gaf..

After following this thread I'm definitely against it. The last thing we need is a bunch of Alabama rednecks runnin' around tryin' to act all Texan and shidt.

Why, it would sure be a step up for sure. smirk

We are gentlemen deer killeers. wink

I think it's a little different here. We have a lot of deer and a liberal season. Corn may enhance one's experience, but not necessary by any means.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TheKid
Kellory,

I bet you’d see more deer at the feeders if you put food in all of them rather than only two of the feeders. This is why you’re seeing more deer away from the feeders because all but two of your feeders are empty. Deer gotta eat too. Or did you make a typo ? Why have an empty feeder?

No thanks, since I would have to charge the deer rent if I filled the other 3 feeders. They are empty and in storage. If the deer could get to them, I'd have scat throughout the cabin, and who needs that?
As for the lessons, I'd prefer to learn from someone who actually knew what he was talking about. Since you clearly do not, I'll stick with what works just fine.
About the only thing that will bring a mature buck out of the darkness, is sex, not food. Bucks feed at night.

To interject a quick question here. Since when do big bucks only eat at night? News to me but I’ve only seen 30-35 bucks, 6-7 of those probably 150-160”ers at that, in the last 3 weeks. Best I can tell they were all eating or at least pretending to, all during the day BTW.

Yeah, and you know them fools are gonna wanna eat after they have sex. Kellory just hunts in video games apparently.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by smokepole
GW, who's the guy with the sombrero, he's hard to get a good look at?

I can tell you he's not a great sheep hunter, nor great elk hunter, nor even a great mule deer hunter.......

He must be one handsome sumbitch, on account of he's always hidin' from the papparazzi. You reckon he's a Kardashian??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I think I’m going out to my workshop, build another feeder to take to the deer lease.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

I can tell you he's not a great sheep hunter, nor great elk hunter, nor even a great mule deer hunter.......

He must be one handsome sumbitch, on account of he's always hidin' from the papparazzi. You reckon he's a Kardashian??

As best as I can tell,............

Geedub tends to be passive aggressive. How often in the last 10 years he has been here has he had an open conflict with any member other than Steelhead.

So, here goes.

Quite often, on TV, and in magazines (which I quit watching/subscribing to years ago) you see guys that go on fabulous hunts and kill magnificent trophy critters. From my experience, many of these are not what I would consider a legit hunts.

I know many folk decry the way we hunt in Texas, but there are only two critters out of the 40 or so mounts that I have on my wall, or on the floor in the case of a bear rug, that I did not take DIY. I have the knowledge that I earned all of those critters solely by my own efforts.

I have no problem with how anyone hunts, high fence, in Africa over a water-hole where animals must come to drink the water of life, or elk/bear/moose/sheep/mule deer hunts where guides have scouted the areas for weeks and months, know where the critters are located and bring the client to that area for a shot. I am not jealous of a hunters ability, desire, or good fortune to be able to hunt said critters.

What bugs me as a person who takes thousands of images, is that invariably the trophy hunter will pose any distance behind the trophy-critter they have just "harvested" vs. killed, and due to the camera angle the antlers/horns or some other feature will appear to be grossly exaggerated.

So, perhaps this is too much inside baseball, but it is my own private beef. That is like misrepresentation. Setting up a photo to give a false perception. To me it's akin to lying.

So, years ago I started taking photos where I was either beside the critter I'd "killed" or in front of it. I'm a meat hunter, not a trophy hunter. Out of the hundreds of critters I've killed, I've never personally "scored" a single one. Hunting is literally called out of me, and I go afield as often as possible. You've heard the statement "pix or it did not happen". I found early on that pix were a way to establish my bona fides. They also are a lasting way to savor hunts from days gone by.

Hiding behind the Sunbody "Gus" was just an added way to passively aggressively protest misrespresented "hero shots".

Besides, if I was young and studly.............

who wants to see a short fat bald old fart.!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/14/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant

As best as I can tell,............

Geedub tends to be passive aggressive. How often in the last 10 years he has been here has he had an open conflict with any member other than Steelhead.

So, here goes.

Quite often, on TV, and in magazines (which I quit watching/subscribing to years ago) you see guys that go on fabulous hunts and kill magnificent trophy critters. From my experience, many of these are not what I would consider a legit hunts.

I know many folk decry the way we hunt in Texas, but there are only two critters out of the 40 or so mounts that I have on my wall, or on the floor in the case of a bear rug, that I did not take DIY. I have the knowledge that I earned all of those critters solely by my own efforts.

I have no problem with how anyone hunts, high fence, in Africa over a water-hole where animals must come to drink the water of life, or elk/bear/moose/sheep/mule deer hunts where guides have scouted the areas for weeks and months, know where the critters are located and bring the client to that area for a shot. I am not jealous of a hunters ability, desire, or good fortune to be able to hunt said critters.

What bugs me as a person who takes thousands of images, is that invariably the trophy hunter will pose any distance behind the trophy-critter they have just "harvested" vs. killed, and due to the camera angle the antlers/horns or some other feature will appear to be grossly exaggerated.

So, perhaps this is too much inside baseball, but it is my own private beef. That is like misrepresentation. Setting up a photo to give a false perception. To me it's akin to lying.

So, years ago I started taking photos where I was either beside the critter I'd "killed" or in front of it. I'm a meat hunter, not a trophy hunter. Out of the hundreds of critters I've killed, I've never personally "scored" a single one. Hunting is literally called out of me, and I go afield as often as possible. You've heard the statement "pix or it did not happen". I found early on that pix were a way to establish my bona fides. They also are a lasting way to savor hunts from days gone by.

Hiding behind the Sunbody "Gus" was just an added way to passively aggressively protest misrespresented "hero shots".

Besides, if I was young and studly.............

who wants to see a short fat bald old fart.!

ya!

GWB

Do you ever sleep?

Last edited by hanco; 03/14/19.
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by hanco

Do you ever sleep?

on occasion as the need arises!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Internet troll
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Texan:

A drooling, cross-eyed retard known to suffocate if forced to close its mouth.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
You guys have no response to justify it but your usual halfass pics. I’m impressed.

Nasty old boar taken with my airgun...

Unsportsmanlike I'm sure... laugh

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn, I need an airgun.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bad ass airgun

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Looks like you bought a Storm Trooper's storage unit!

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Bad ass airgun

It is! smile

Shoots a 145gr Nosler Ballistic Tip at 38spl.+P speeds.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheKid
Kellory,

Reading comprehension is low on this site. I did say "about". Deer do not read the rule book, and have individual ideas. They are somewhat predictable, but anyone who speaks in absolutes is likely wrong.
I see folks here deriding eachother's deer for being too small? That's funny. The deer that I will always remember, was just a 4 point, taken at 7 yards from a pit blind. A bent sapling, my boot lace, and hand made arrows. No camo. No feeder, no scents. The idea was to see how primitive I could be, and still get meat.
You think that's not hunting, you're mistaken.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by SandBilly
You guys have no response to justify it but your usual halfass pics. I’m impressed.

Nasty old boar taken with my airgun...

Unsportsmanlike I'm sure... laugh

[Linked Image]

Nice hog.

Take it you're the one with the hat. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I see folks here deriding eachother's deer for being too small? That's funny. The deer that I will always remember, was just a 4 point, taken at 7 yards from a pit blind. A bent sapling, my boot lace, and hand made arrows. No camo. No feeder, no scents. The idea was to see how primitive I could be, and still get meat.
You think that's not hunting, you're mistaken.

Just when you thought a thread couldn't get any better...

Page 44 of 62 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 25aught6, 222ND, 270wsmnutt, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,380
Posts18,527,525
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.