hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nice Blackbucks.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Once 35 years ago I discovered the westernmost recorded breeding location of Swainson’s warblers ever recorded (yes, I’m that guy cool ) TPWD was relatively excited.

A visiting Ornithology Professor had never seen one so out we went. The Southern population of Swainson’s warblers breeds in dense brush along intermittently flooded, muddy streams and drainages, walking around on the ground flipping over leaves and debris with its beak to find food. This was June; hot, humid, mosquitoes, chiggers and ticks.

We spent two hours belly crawling around after a singing male, friggin bird kept moving away just out of sight. Finally the Professor says “screw this”, pulls out a tape recorder (remember them?) and plays a Swainson’s warbler track.

No sooner did he turn it on than the bird zooms right at him, struck his hat at then sat on a twig two feet over his head, singing away while looking around for the intruder (turns out Swainson’s warblers don’t mess around. Who knew?).

Anyhoo, the question I have is, was that unethical?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Oh. Hell yes, totally unethical, what were you thinking???? That is the same as having a heated blind with glass windows( I have three) or having corn feeders( I have seven)!!!!!!

You should be ashamed!!!’

Last edited by hanco; 03/16/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Once 35 years ago I discovered the westernmost recorded breeding location of Swainson’s warblers ever recorded (yes, I’m that guy cool ) TPWD was relatively excited.

A visiting Ornithology Professor had never seen one so out we went. The Southern population of Swainson’s warblers breeds in dense brush along intermittently flooded, muddy streams and drainages, walking around on the ground flipping over leaves and debris with its beak to find food. This was June; hot, humid, mosquitoes, chiggers and ticks.

We spent two hours belly crawling around after a singing male, friggin bird kept moving away just out of sight. Finally the Professor says “screw this”, pulls out a tape recorder (remember them?) and plays a Swainson’s warbler track.

No sooner did he turn it on than the bird zooms right at him, struck his hat at then sat on a twig two feet over his head, singing away while looking around for the intruder (turns out Swainson’s warblers don’t mess around. Who knew?).

Anyhoo, the question I have is, was that unethical?

Yep!

Thinking back to the hundreds of coyotes I've killed with a FoxPro digital caller...

I almost feel guilty.

Almost. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People just don’t appreciate the challenges of staying awake in a heated blind. Did you bring the recliner too? It ain’t easy to muscle them things up that ladder.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You guys are just too upscale and stuff!

Blind Heaters! Pshshaw... Phooey!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ya but if you submerge your feet in the ice chest it makes it more challenging grin

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ya but if you submerge your feet in the ice chest it makes it more challenging grin

The blinds may need a window unit A/C down here...

Problem with those is the deer keep trying to force their way into the blind to cool off.

That causes a real moral dilemma. Do you shoot them outside the blind, or inside? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Depends,do you have corn in the blind with you?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Depends,do you have corn in the blind with you?

Those deer down here are so tame, I have to hide the corn in the blind in self defense... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Well,if it's self defense,then once they poke their nose in the blind. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've sent Sandbilly a text,

Asking, if I did go fishing on the Great Lakes this weekend with my boat,

Would starting my outboard be acceptable?

Like I'd really give a fook what he thinks..............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Geedubya, everybody knows Reagan Wells is the hub of the universe.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by poboy
Geedubya, everybody knows Reagan Wells is the hub of the universe.

Beer Lease Heaven!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Been trying to get away to the turkey woods since Thursday. May get off this morning. See y'all next week!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sandbilly ain't gonna fit in when he moves to Texas, if he indeed does move. Going to be interesting to see how and where he hunts. Maybe he doesn't even hunt. Anyone know his age? Be interesting to know, I'm thinking late 20's, early 30's.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
SandBilly sleepin' one off.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DouginLa
Sandbilly ain't gonna fit in when he moves to Texas, if he indeed does move. Going to be interesting to see how and where he hunts. Maybe he doesn't even hunt. Anyone know his age? Be interesting to know, I'm thinking late 20's, early 30's.
I personally can't believe anybody would want to move there. Hotter than hell, can't walk around and hunt, got to pay for a lease to hunt, very little public land, what little public land there is, is full of stupid fuggin Texans who will shoot at you, rattlesnakes and thorns fuggin EVERYWHERE. Sounds like a big fuggin shyt hole to me.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
You got to have a heated stand with windows if you are bringing wifey or girlfriend. They ain’t gonna take no clothes off in the cold!!!

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by DouginLa
I personally can't believe anybody would want to move there. Hotter than hell, can't walk around and hunt, got to pay for a lease to hunt, very little public land, what little public land there is, is full of stupid fuggin Texans who will shoot at you, rattlesnakes and thorns fuggin EVERYWHERE. Sounds like a big fuggin shyt hole to me.

The best thing about Texas is the pretty women. I’ve been all over the country, all over the world, no place compares to Texas when it comes to pretty women!!! No brag, just fact!!!

Last edited by hanco; 03/16/19.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
YUP!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 47 of 62 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 45 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,334
Posts18,526,750
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.