Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
We just got a delivery of the MeoPro 3.5-10x44 - Reticle 4 reduced to only $399.99

Has Meopta published reticle dimensions anywhere?

Okie John

You can do a google search for Meopta reticles and it'll show their reticles and dimensions. I still like to see a real picture of the one on the 3.5-10.
Meopta website leaves a lot to be desired when looking at their reticles.

Last edited by Remington280; 03/17/19.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Today I sighted in 2 rifle scopes and did a comparison between my Swarovski STR80 and the Meopta 82MM. I couldn't believe that my Swarovski isn't as good as the Meopta. During early light it had slightly more brightness, better clarify and contrast. My buddy is a professional photography and he agreed. We took some photos with his Nikon and I'm curious if the difference will show in the photos. In the next few weeks I will post some reviews of the spotter and riflescopes.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oremi
3 or 4 years ago I considered buying a meopta scope because they were 2 times cheaper than the big three, and I asked many gunsmiths that mounted and sighted them, and they all said that they had problems with some of them holding zero, so of course I stayed away from them. After that Meopta released a new model and they are not so cheap any more - maybe they are better quality now but if I'm going to spend 1000$ on the scope, I'll spend additional 100$ and get Swaro,Zeiss, Kahles...-not Meopta. If I want something cheaper I'll go with cheaper Leupolds-it may not be the same optic quality but it will hold zero- and that is what is important to me.

Just my 0,02$

My 3-9x42 never lost zero. And was around $499 when i purchased it. Big difference price wise between the 1" meopro and the 30mm Meostar.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bhoges
Today I sighted in 2 rifle scopes and did a comparison between my Swarovski STR80 and the Meopta 82MM. I couldn't believe that my Swarovski isn't as good as the Meopta. During early light it had slightly more brightness, better clarify and contrast. My buddy is a professional photography and he agreed. We took some photos with his Nikon and I'm curious if the difference will show in the photos. In the next few weeks I will post some reviews of the spotter and riflescopes.

I can believe it. When I first got my S2, I owned the Kowa 884, ,my buddy had a Zeiss 85t FL, and my other buddy had a Swaro 80HD while we were glassing for mule deer. The S2 was neck and neck with the Kowa except at mags 45x+, where it began to "outshine" the Kowa. It was noticeably better than the other two at every magnification. Meopta makes world class glass, bar none.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I can believe it. When I first got my S2, I owned the Kowa 884, ,my buddy had a Zeiss 85t FL, and my other buddy had a Swaro 80HD while we were glassing for mule deer. The S2 was neck and neck with the Kowa except at mags 45x+, where it began to "outshine" the Kowa. It was noticeably better than the other two at every magnification. Meopta makes world class glass, bar none.

yep, finally after wanting one for about 4 years I scored a slightly used one off ebay last fall. I had bid on at least 3 over the years, got outbid mainly because everytime one would come up I just didn't have the extra money at that time to really play ball at the price I needed to bid. YES they are right that the top. although I don't wear glasses anymore, I find the S2 has a touch more eye relief than the big 3 spotters to, mainly swaro. even if you don't wear glasses that extra eye relief is nice. The S2 has one problem, its not that it isn't as good or better than the swaro, it just doesn't have the swaro name on it, so you don't maintain the brand pricing on the used market like swaro does. that is both good and bad, good that you can find one if you are patient for a pretty darn good price. the bad is you better not pay too much for one. No way I am paying $2200 for a new one, even though the quality is worth it. BTW nightforce private labels these, meopta makes both versions for nightforce. Of course nightforce always tacs on a couple hundred extra for the same thing you get if it was just meopta. Mine is actually a cabelas euro.

JG is yours angled or straight?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Agree with everything you said cummins. Mine is straight version. I find it easier to make a quick acquisition personally. The only thing better that I've personally seen is the newer Swaro modular spotters, whatever they're called. I'm not going to shell out $3K+ for one though.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Own two Zeiss MeOpta Conquest and one 6x42 Me Opta....Totally happy with all

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
No issues with any of the Zeiss Conquest MC, Cabelas Instinct, Meopta Meopros I have owned holding zero. Best value if the hunting scope marked in my opinion.

^^^^^
This.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
No issues with any of the Zeiss Conquest MC, Cabelas Instinct, Meopta Meopros I have owned holding zero. Best value if the hunting scope marked in my opinion.

^^^^^
This.

I probably have a dozen Meoptas in one style or another. Had no problems with any of them. Best optics for the money IME.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

We just got a couple of the Meopta Meostar S2 spotters (both straight and Angled) with 20-70x zoom eyepieces in from a recent trade show where they were on display, but not even tripod mounted. First callers, 516-217-1000, can have them for only $1,999.99, marked down from $2699.94

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.