-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Second Amendment Foundation just gained another Life Member. That goes with my Life Memberships with Texas State Rifle Association, GOA, and yes, the NRA.

As a Life Member of the last organization I have every right---and in fact, a responsibility, to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Second Amendment Foundation just gained another Life Member. That goes with my Life Memberships with Texas State Rifle Association, GOA, and yes, the NRA.

As a Life Member of the last organization I have every right---and in fact, a responsibility, to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery.
Great post.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK
I don’t remember our forefathers being an entity onto themselves. Seems to me they got together and even got another foreign gov to help kick ass. Seems to me that one single bullet will get rid of someone by themselves. Opinions vary. Ed k
Also I’m not here enough of a badass to go it alone.
There is no doubt that a group will do more good than an individual. I think the point that K22 was making was that in lieu of any individual or group of whatever numbers assisting him, he was convinced of the righteousness of his cause and would go it alone rather than just bow to popular opinion. I know that's what I was saying.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That's right, we have a duty " to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery". The ammunition in this battle is money, and if it is not being stolen it is certainly being misappropriated. That is money that could be used to great effect in making government subdivisions pay for their unconstitutional legislation. Wayne LaPierre needs to go. It is a sad state of affairs when a sizable portion of the membership is disaffected and they are basically dismissed as wrong or worse yet, stupid.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
We all have things we'd like them to do that, for various reasons they are not doing, or they're doing something else. Ao pay yer dues and tell 'em what you want done!
I wrote the NRA a hand written letter around 1980 as a member imploring the leadership to take the issue to court and please to please quit this legislative BS because we already have a 2nd amendment. They haven't written back yet. I didn't renew my membership then and the only reason I'm a member now is because a relative gifted me a life membership. I am sure they'll get around to replying to my letter any day now.

Its perfectly normal to bitch if you pay your money and you don't get what you expect in return. At the same time, you have to realize that when you simply send someone money, others may decide how best to spend your money.

If you haven't been a member since the 1980's except for the gifted membership, what gives you any right to bitch about how an organization spends someone else's money for the past almost 40 years? That's like sitting on your hands while others clap, but you expect to be heard.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Great post.

Invalid observation...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by ERK
I don’t remember our forefathers being an entity onto themselves. Seems to me they got together and even got another foreign gov to help kick ass. Seems to me that one single bullet will get rid of someone by themselves. Opinions vary. Ed k
Also I’m not here enough of a badass to go it alone.
There is no doubt that a group will do more good than an individual. I think the point that K22 was making was that in lieu of any individual or group of whatever numbers assisting him, he was convinced of the righteousness of his cause and would go it alone rather than just bow to popular opinion. I know that's what I was saying.

Exactly!!!!!

Not much more I want to add to this, so I am done and will leave the rest of you to debate this. I will leave with this question. How many of you belong to an organization that tries to protect your 1st Amendment Rights? The Founders seemed to think that one was number one, instead of the 2nd Amendment.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
We all have things we'd like them to do that, for various reasons they are not doing, or they're doing something else. Ao pay yer dues and tell 'em what you want done!
I wrote the NRA a hand written letter around 1980 as a member imploring the leadership to take the issue to court and please to please quit this legislative BS because we already have a 2nd amendment. They haven't written back yet. I didn't renew my membership then and the only reason I'm a member now is because a relative gifted me a life membership. I am sure they'll get around to replying to my letter any day now.

Its perfectly normal to bitch if you pay your money and you don't get what you expect in return. At the same time, you have to realize that when you simply send someone money, others may decide how best to spend your money.

If you haven't been a member since the 1980's except for the gifted membership, what gives you any right to bitch about how an organization spends someone else's money for the past almost 40 years? That's like sitting on your hands while others clap, but you expect to be heard.

You have a valid point. But like I said in a later post, "it is a sad state of affairs when a sizable portion of the membership is disaffected and they are basically dismissed as wrong or worse yet, stupid." I would gladly financially support NRA if the money was used effectively and I'll bet there are millions more of the same opinion.
P.S. Are you Wayne LaPierre?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
P.S. No.

I'm just someone who send the NRA my money and then sits on my hands. Not....

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When this many conservative people, gun owners, members, and former members are unhappy with the NRA's direction I would think they would pay attention.
That is unless they really don't care what we think, which does seem apparent.

"Send us money and we're happy, it ain't broke so we aren't going to fix it."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
An audit and full disclosure would be interesting. For now I'll hang onto my money until things are cleaned up and headed in the right direction. I might need my funds to fight my own legal battle since you know who won't help. But those of us who live in states like Wyoming, Idaho, Montana,and the deep south will be the last affected. Our governor is a pro 2nd and pro life Democrat in a Republican dominated state so we are safe for now

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Time for me to re-up. Last time I just paid the guy at the first weekend of the month gun show. The LAST thing I want is NRA this and NRA that showing up in my mailbox every friggin’ week in my neighborhood. And I don’t trust ‘em not to.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a democrat anywhere in government of your state you are not safe. Look what happened in Colorado.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 03/18/19.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 700LH
The people with Jim Jones drank the Kool Aid too.

So, that raises an obvious question one that must be asked. Who's crazier, Jim Jones or Wayne La Pierre?

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by 700LH
The people with Jim Jones drank the Kool Aid too.
So, that raises an obvious question one that must be asked. Who's crazier, Jim Jones or Wayne La Pierre?
That's easy, Jim Jones is the crazy of those two. Wayne isn't crazy (or stupid). Check out what he has accomplished for himself. hasn't represented his followers too well, but at least he hasn't yet ordered mass suicide. Wayne is aware of these discussions and I wish he would join this discussion with so many actual and potential members.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's right, we have a duty " to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery". The ammunition in this battle is money, and if it is not being stolen it is certainly being misappropriated. That is money that could be used to great effect in making government subdivisions pay for their unconstitutional legislation. Wayne LaPierre needs to go. It is a sad state of affairs when a sizable portion of the membership is disaffected and they are basically dismissed as wrong or worse yet, stupid.

I typed this in another thread and it bears repeating:

"Gun owners wouldn't be spitting on the NRA if they fought half as hard for the Second Amendment as the abortionists fight for abortion with NO LIMITS. Those baby-killers GOT abortion right up to birth and are fighting for post-birth abortion in the delivery room and they are winning. The equivalent for our side would be my ability to purchase ANY machinegun I can afford with NO LIMITS and the BATFE being told to f.uck off forever. Hell, the NRA couldn't get national concealed carry last year. I don't recall them kicking Chuck Grassley all over the Crapitol Building for sitting on that bill. Got it, folks???????"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

I typed this in another thread and it bears repeating:

"Gun owners wouldn't be spitting on the NRA if they fought half as hard for the Second Amendment as the abortionists fight for abortion with NO LIMITS. Those baby-killers GOT abortion right up to birth and are fighting for post-birth abortion in the delivery room and they are winning. The equivalent for our side would be my ability to purchase ANY machinegun I can afford with NO LIMITS and the BATFE being told to f.uck off forever. Hell, the NRA couldn't get national concealed carry last year. I don't recall them kicking Chuck Grassley all over the Crapitol Building for sitting on that bill. Got it, folks???????"

Very good post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Time for me to re-up. Last time I just paid the guy at the first weekend of the month gun show. The LAST thing I want is NRA this and NRA that showing up in my mailbox every friggin’ week in my neighborhood. And I don’t trust ‘em not to.

Yep,
They spend my dues money on postage.

Begging for money.

They called a friend, begging.
Having had some medical problems that caused him to miss about half
of the last two years work, money was tight, as was humor.

He asked, "How much did Wayne give"?
The lady said excuse me.
"Wayne......LaPierre. You pay him millions, what did he donate? I can't work,
Am running up medical bills, you want $100 from me. What did Wayne give".

That was his last phone call.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My latest letter from the NRA says Cuomo is pressuring banks to quit doing business with the NRA. The letter claims that they will no longer be able to deposit our donations or make payments of any kind. Letter says the NRA will be shut down. Even the envelope states in big bold letters, "NOTICE OF SHUTDOWN".

Naturally, they need mucho donations right now to defend themselves from Cuomo and the evil bankers.

If this were to take place quickly, where would my donation go? How can Cuomo control every bank and credit union in the country? What about using banks in other countries?

If anti-gunners see this envelope screaming "NOTICE OF SHUTDOWN", won't that encourage them to action against us?

As Dillonbuck said, "They spend my dues money on postage." I am getting mail from them weekly, sometimes 2 or 3 a week plus phone calls!

I don't like to think about what our situation would currently be if there were no NRA, but I do believe the NRA needs a shake up in management and especially in the use of their resources.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly. That's why I withhold further financial support. That is the only means I have to apply pressure.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.