Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel

You can keep on whining, criticising and pontificating, the truth is you just don't get it. You people bitch about LaPierre making a bunch of money, and like a bunch of Democrats that don't like people making money, you continue to bitch.

Take a look at this picture, what don't you see?

You don't see K22 in that picture. He says he stands alone and fights for his beliefs. You can see how much help he is.

You don't see any GOA members with trump. They may have merit, I don't argue that, but they aren't in the picture.

You don't see Ethan Edwards with all of his answers in the picture, no one cares what he thinks.

You don't see a single Campfire whiner in that picture, because they don't contribute, they just nip at the heels of the NRA and NRA members while they bask in the warmth of the benefits the NRA produces.

The NRA is the recognized mouthpiece for gun owners rights in this country and that is why trump recognizes them and that is why the legislation brought up in Congress pays attention. Not whiners and other fringe groups, The NRA.

Get off your soap boxes and put your money where your mouth/keyboard is...

[Linked Image]
But where is Shrapnel in the pic? Oops! I don't see him in the pic either. Probably was busy attending the Mitt Romney rally.
laugh

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I am the NRA, what can you say about yourself?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The difference between you and I is that I don't say much about myself...Chuck.
smirk

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You don't have time, you're to busy criticising others...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
or the NRA

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You don't have time, you're to busy criticising others...
Certainly there are a lot of critiques worthy of making, but time isn't a factor. The difference is upbringing. You're a smart guy...or so you say. You figure it out...you know, for real and not just for an inaccurate deflection. Or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I figure the NRA is like every other political lobbying organization in Washington, DC. Except they lobby for guns. To what degree do they play back door politics? Who really knows...They play games to generate cash flow/income for their bank account, sure they do.

It’s the NRA recognition that carries the weight of political influences, whatever that actually means, is up for debate. But it’s what you hear the Left screaming about on TV.

I just give the NRA money, same as I do for GOA, JPFO, and Oregon’s OFF group...It’s something and it’s a lot better than not doing anything. 😎

Not bashing you but what has the money sent done for gun rights the last five years or so Oregon?
it isn't working.
I agree with everything you've said. When it all comes down, the NRA really isn't to blame, it's the gun owners themselves. This should be one of the most hardcore pro-gun sites on the earth, but we can't even get everybody here to come out against Red Flag Laws, Universal Background Checks, Assault Rifle Bans, Bump Stock Bans, etc. If you could get most of these idiots on board, the NRA could be changed to the point that it was more effective and wasn't in agreement with a lot of these laws.

Excellent Post EE...To answer 700LH:
It’s beyond frustrating to watch state gun rights being taking away at unprecedented speed. Money giving can salve the consciousness of some, maybe many...And, that’s a good thing giving financial assistance to organization that are in the fight for 2A-both on state and federal levels....

I’m not sure this is a good example (analogy) of what I’m trying to say... I believe we need individuals with a strong voice of common sense and stead fast resolve that 2A and our ability as law abiding citizens that our choices to own a firearm no matter the color, attachment added, name of what it’s called, or what is used to fill it with cartridges, or where we can keep it or carry it, can’t be infringed upon by any state legislation or law.

Some people need a leader to follow- Someone or some organization that brings everyone together under one common banner to make it easier to stand as one against anti-gun laws....Thinking along the lines of the Civil Rights movement. MLK and his minions worked both politically and socially to gather very large groups of people to show Americans they wanted more....And it worked.

We need grass-roots leaders across the US to get people out of their chairs to stand with other like minded in view of the nation with the media taking in the numbers of law abiding Americans saying No! You will not take away, or legislate away our rights to own and carry a firearm. Full Stop!

We need to amass people across the nation in every city and state to show that we as gun owners will no longer be apathetic to anti-gun laws....I’m attending my first state rally this Saturday. I’m not going to get into a ruckus against the anti-gun protesters that will be present...I’m going to add myself as “1” more law abiding, gun owner who’s standing up to say no more.

We needs leaders! 😎

[Linked Image]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you. I was a voting member of the NRA for a long time but never became a Life member, even though it would have saved me money. I could have even put donations towards that instead and have been a Life member a long time ago. The thing was/is I figured that if I paid for a Life Membership, I had absolutely no hold on the NRA since the purse strings seem always to be the only way to get anybody to listen.

I remember voting for board members and there were a few times that I even knew the guys. Many of them were wishy-washy types that made Mitt Romney or Jeb Bush look like fire-eating heroes of the Right. I know one guy personally who didn't make it onto the Board...and he is pretty well-known. He actually has a job with the NRA. IIRC it was back before the AWB sunseted and he was against "assault weapons". Unreal. IIRC so was Joaquin Jackson, semi-famous modern Texas Ranger who WAS on the NRA Board.

Unfortunately, it appears that insanity and mental handicaps are rampant amongst not only the general voters, but the subset of gun owners also. We are very handicapped by constantly having to fight our own fellows over stuff that should be pre-ordained. Nobody seems to understand that the enemy is laughing at us as they practice "divide and conquer" while we squabble amongst ourselves. To be Gus-like, amongst the humans currently eating the urth, normally the group is much more powerful than the individual, but sometimes the group is wrong and the individual is right and that individual just has to soldier on, being true to his principles, even in a losing battle.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Second Amendment Foundation just gained another Life Member. That goes with my Life Memberships with Texas State Rifle Association, GOA, and yes, the NRA.
As a Life Member of the last organization I have every right---and in fact, a responsibility, to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery.
That's right, we have a duty " to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery". The ammunition in this battle is money, and if it is not being stolen it is certainly being misappropriated. That is money that could be used to great effect in making government subdivisions pay for their unconstitutional legislation. Wayne LaPierre needs to go. It is a sad state of affairs when a sizable portion of the membership is disaffected and they are basically dismissed as wrong or worse yet, stupid.

I typed this in another thread and it bears repeating:

"Gun owners wouldn't be spitting on the NRA if they fought half as hard for the Second Amendment as the abortionists fight for abortion with NO LIMITS. Those baby-killers GOT abortion right up to birth and are fighting for post-birth abortion in the delivery room and they are winning. The equivalent for our side would be my ability to purchase ANY machinegun I can afford with NO LIMITS and the BATFE being told to f.uck off forever. Hell, the NRA couldn't get national concealed carry last year. I don't recall them kicking Chuck Grassley all over the Crapitol Building for sitting on that bill. Got it, folks???????"

Very good post.

Yep, great post. If you enjoy fiction written by losers.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If your not a member you are part of the problem. Politicians only see numbers of voters. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is only one avenue to protecting our 2nd A rights. The federal courts, and getting it carved in stone that weapons ownership and possession is an individual civil right. If we pour money into fighting any other place, it is wasted. You can't fight all the blue cities, counties, and states any other way than U.S. supreme court decisions, and until that becomes the focus I'm sitting out.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is only one avenue to protecting our 2nd A rights. The federal courts, and getting it carved in stone that weapons ownership and possession is an individual civil right. If we pour money into fighting any other place, it is wasted. You can't fight all the blue cities, counties, and states any other way than U.S. supreme court decisions, and until that becomes the focus I'm sitting out.
We better pray that the guys Trump put on there are as good as some here think. We'll see.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Second Amendment Foundation just gained another Life Member. That goes with my Life Memberships with Texas State Rifle Association, GOA, and yes, the NRA.
As a Life Member of the last organization I have every right---and in fact, a responsibility, to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery.
That's right, we have a duty " to raise hell about poor leadership and tomfoolery". The ammunition in this battle is money, and if it is not being stolen it is certainly being misappropriated. That is money that could be used to great effect in making government subdivisions pay for their unconstitutional legislation. Wayne LaPierre needs to go. It is a sad state of affairs when a sizable portion of the membership is disaffected and they are basically dismissed as wrong or worse yet, stupid.

I typed this in another thread and it bears repeating:

"Gun owners wouldn't be spitting on the NRA if they fought half as hard for the Second Amendment as the abortionists fight for abortion with NO LIMITS. Those baby-killers GOT abortion right up to birth and are fighting for post-birth abortion in the delivery room and they are winning. The equivalent for our side would be my ability to purchase ANY machinegun I can afford with NO LIMITS and the BATFE being told to f.uck off forever. Hell, the NRA couldn't get national concealed carry last year. I don't recall them kicking Chuck Grassley all over the Crapitol Building for sitting on that bill. Got it, folks???????"

Very good post.

Yep, great post. If you enjoy fiction written by losers.
I'm sure he appreciates your endorsement, comrade.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then you’re sitting out until 2A has been legislated away in every state...You don’t see lawsuits going to the SCOTUS until a “Right” has been taken away unlawfully.

Then you’re betting that SCOTUS will affirm the US Constitution as it was written. Gonna be a lot of unarmed law abiding citizens waiting for these suits to make there way before the Supreme Court.

Don’t you think the SCOTUS values the currents of the people? Don’t you think if they see masses of Americans across the country standing together for the protection of 2A on State soil won’t be compelling while writing their concurring paper or a 2A dissent if we lose?

Sitting out makes you appear as one who doesn’t care enough to do any of the heavy lifting...Is that you? 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by K22

If the NRA or the citizens hadn't caved on the NFA act in 1934 would we be in fear of our gun "rights" now?

Sigh. Another one.

Look, dimbulb, the NRA today wasn't the NRA of 1934. Do you understrand arithmetic? That was 85 years ago.

In 1934 the NRA didn't even think it's purpose was other than to improve marksmanship. It had no real legislative ideas and the ILA (NRA Institute for Legislative Action) and the PVF (NRA Political Victory fund) didn't even exist.

The NRA only started to get involved in legislative issues after WWII, when liberal politicians started pushing registration.

THANK GOD THE NRA DID!!

For me, the formation of the ILA in 1975 was the beginning of the end, when the rabid right drove the NRA off the rails. It was over for me. Neal Knox and his ilk co opted what was originally an organization dedicated to improving marksmanship, education regarding gun safety, and promoting the shooting sports into a lobbying organization that richly rewards its leaders and is toxic to our political discussions. I am not alone, as its favorability rating is underwater today. NRA endorsement now actually hurts a candidate's chances of being elected, mostly because it's seen as a radical fringe group more and more.

The NRA has some problems in addition to its declining reputation with voters. Specifically, it's ties to Russia and the 2016 campaign. Talk about stupidity, "patriots" being hoodwinked by Russian spies. From the Wiki:

Investigations by the FBI and Special Counsel Robert Mueller resulted in indictments of Russian agents on charges of developing and exploiting ties with the NRA to influence US politics. The deputy governor of the Central Bank of Russia, Aleksandr Torshin, is suspected of illegally funneling money through the NRA to benefit Trump's 2016 campaign. In May 2018, Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee released a report stating it had obtained "a number of documents that suggest the Kremlin used the National Rifle Association as a means of accessing and assisting Mr. Trump and his campaign" through Torshin and his assistant Maria Butina, and that "The Kremlin may also have used the NRA to secretly fund Mr. Trump's campaign."[82][83][84] Torshin, a lifetime NRA member who is close to Russian President Vladimir Putin, has been implicated in money laundering by Spanish authorities who have characterized him as a "godfather" in Taganskaya, a major Russian criminal organization.[85][86]

Butina was arrested on July 15, 2018 and charged with conspiring to act as an unregistered agent of the Russian Federation and using Republican operative Paul Erickson for cover and connections as she developed an influence operation designed to "advance the interests of the Russian Federation." The FBI acquired an email Erickson had sent to an acquaintance in 2016 stating, "Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns, I've been involved in securing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key [GOP] leaders through, of all conduits, the [NRA]."[87][88] According to the affidavit, from 2015 through at least February 2017, Butina worked at the direction of Russian who was a high level government official and official at the Russian Central Bank.[89][90][91] In December, Butina agreed in a plea deal to cooperate with federal prosecutors.[92][93]

In a 2018, in a letter sent to Sen. Ron Wyden and addressed to Congress, the NRA acknowledged it had accepted approximately $2500 in contributions from 23 Russian nationals or people associated with Russian addresses since 2015. In an earlier news interview the NRA's lawyers stated that the NRA had received less than $1000 from only one Russian donor. According to a Wyden aide, the NRA letter would be referred to the Federal Elections Commission.

Last edited by Paddler; 03/19/19.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven

I don't like to think about what our situation would currently be if there were no NRA, but I do believe the NRA needs a shake up in management and especially in the use of their resources.

You gun rights are secure without the NRA. It's a bullsh*t organization raising money by fear mongering and spending it on salaries and fund raising. It needs to die.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The 2AF and Alan Gura have shown a good bit of clout. This is undeniable. There have been moments of unity with them and the NRA and this must continue....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm going to think about what you're saying, your position is not without merit and I think in the end we want the same result. My deal is that we are fighting on too many fronts and not trying as hard as we can to take the most defensible hill on the battleground (SCOTUS). I am afraid we're going to end up like Custer at the Little Bighorn and get too spread out and then end up destroyed. My focus would be the presidency and the Supreme court. Remember my Custer analogy, he was spread out and wiped out, while the other 7 battalions took a hill and all the spare ammo and in a military sense won their battle. They survived and the enemy evacuated and retreated. If abortion rights and gay rights and housing rights can be inferred into the constitution the right to keep and bear arms is plainly written into it. If we can't win it there, we're out of business. I don't say your position is stupid, it is just not the way I would direct my efforts if I had the say so, and the only say so I have is my money and speaking my opinion. Respectfully yours

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 21, 60 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.