Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by fester
steelhead, regardless of how you feel about people on the west coast.

I hope you are ok and no families are harmed.

Looks wet and awful

Thanks,

We're fine, many are not. NE looks to be a mess and I'm afraid a few more places will suffer this spring as well.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Yeah, it's never flooded on the prairie before. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. But it's self-correcting. This guy says all the cows died, think of how much better life will be without the cow farts.

Hot damn The AOC of South Dakota with balls. Cow farts. 🤣
As far as the sky is falling, that only happens when Nebraska Football sucks, which has been true since Coach Osborne retired. Everything else is no fugging sweat. Daily routine.
Steelhead, I feel for what you got going on there, it’s never a good thing. Hope everything works out for you and stay safe.
I am leaving Friday for a week to 10 days with a volunteer crew up to the Niobrara area to help. Thats what we do here. Help, not make light of another’s loss.

Swifty
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It was late February, early March. Everything is normal now. We couldn't get out, nor had power for 10 days, but it didn't get into the house. 2nd Highest in 120+ years.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Steelhead
steelhead, regardless of how you feel about people on the west coast.

I hope you are ok and no families are harmed.

Looks wet and awful

Thanks,

We're fine, many are not. NE looks to be a mess and I'm afraid a few more places will suffer this spring as well.

I’m headed to Wisconsin in a week.
La Crosse.....

The Mississippi flows right though the town.
Do you think there is worry?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A re-occuring theme is the melting ice that has broken up is getting caught on bridges. Mostly on bridges that are older and tend to have pylons thst are set in the middle of the stream. Adding to the problems are falllen trees that block the ice causing the ice to pile ip. I see this as preventable but its rarely acted on.

As soon as breakup starts, someone needs to be proactive on getting the trees out of the streams and getting the ice moving. New bridges with clear spans would also help.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
We are going to be facing floods in a couple of weeks.

They “state of California” is not dumping water from oroville yet.
When they do, mark my words the levees are going to be stressed.

Northern Cali guys feel free to chime in

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KWG, Yes there is a reoccurring theme to this. Mother Earth is an unpredictable bitch. No matter what you think you know or try to prevent, she will find a way to cleanse herself. Man is nothing more than an itch that just hasn’t been scratched away yet. In the grand scheme of things we are just waiting our turn for extinction and there’s nothing we can do to stop it. Not scientific, just fact.
Oooops, forgot cow farts caused it.

Swifty
F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Swifty52
KWG, Yes there is a reoccurring theme to this. Mother Earth is an unpredictable bitch. No matter what you think you know or try to prevent, she will find a way to cleanse herself. Man is nothing more than an itch that just hasn’t been scratched away yet. In the grand scheme of things we are just waiting our turn for extinction and there’s nothing we can do to stop it. Not scientific, just fact.
Oooops, forgot cow farts caused it.

Lol smells like [bleep]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Swifty, You be careful up there, I don't think its over by a long shot.

I went up to our Hunt Club property this weekend. We have a 1/2 mile Niobrara River frontage that is covered in ice.
Some places 80 yards deep and over 8 feet high.

Here's a pic I took Saturday. That wall of ice in the background is 10 plus feet high.

[Linked Image]

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Wingmaster83
Swifty, You be careful up there, I don't think its over by a long shot.

I went up to our Hunt Club property this weekend. We have a 1/2 mile Niobrara River frontage that is covered in ice.
Some places 80 yards deep and over 8 feet high.

Here's a pic I took Saturday. That wall of ice in the background is 10 plus feet high.

[Linked Image]

Oh crap. Be safe men

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are going to be facing floods in a couple of weeks.

They “state of California” is not dumping water from oroville yet.
When they do, mark my words the levees are going to be stressed.

Northern Cali guys feel free to chime in

Hello Neighbor. I ask my wife, is our flood Insurance up to date? She said it was.

The Sacramento River has been flowing good with the overflow going into the bypass.

It could get rather nasty around here, with the snow level above 150% Pray we don't get any warm rains.
Floods are no fun.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Was it Nebraska? or South Dakota that had a big kill off of cattle from a late season snow storm 3-4 years ago??

West Texas lost 10,000.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Raining now 1-3”. Weather for the area. Highs Upper 50’s to mid 70’s, lows in upper 30’s - upper 40’s till Friday then a refreeze and 3-6” snow. Going to get interesting.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Yeah, it's never flooded on the prairie before. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. But it's self-correcting. This guy says all the cows died, think of how much better life will be without the cow farts.

Hot damn The AOC of South Dakota with balls. Cow farts. 🤣
As far as the sky is falling, that only happens when Nebraska Football sucks, which has been true since Coach Osborne retired. Everything else is no fugging sweat. Daily routine.
Steelhead, I feel for what you got going on there, it’s never a good thing. Hope everything works out for you and stay safe.
I am leaving Friday for a week to 10 days with a volunteer crew up to the Niobrara area to help. Thats what we do here. Help, not make light of another’s loss.

It's the hyperbole that gets me pissed, it's flat here, does any river run slower than the Platte with the possible exception of the Jim in SD? Last fall it was reported we had an El Ă‘ino setting up. That always means a late, wet spring. Some parts of SD flood regularly and are still there. Like between Sioux Falls and the Dunes. Not the end of the world with rampant starvation like the guy in the video says.

On the up side lakes in the northeast were way low and the prairie pothole duck factory needed a good recharge. Croplands were below normal in subsurface moisture.

Flash flood pending, snow in the hills and if we get a good, warm rain. Has happened before but there's nothing to be done except bet on if it'll happen or not. Rather than bitch and moan with the water we'll have when a little more snow melts I'll be setting up decoys behind the house to amuse the neighbors. Alys get some looky-loos to stop. smile

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,861
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.