Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Now that this "Trumped" up investigation is over, I'm hoping Barr will name a Special Prosecutor to investigate the real criminals in Russian Collusion: Clinton, Obama, Comey, Rice, McCabe, Strok, Page, Lynch, Clapper and a bunch of Career "Hacks" in the DOJ. I'm sure I forgot a few names, but these people at a minimum should all be investigated to the fullest extent of the law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Nixon had in fact been innocent -- he absolutely was a narcissistic crook -- then Americans would have been fine. But these days, "news" is much too fabricated from whole cloth to kill any witch hunt.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
One of the biggest differences I see between 1973 and now is the total abdication of the media from their position as the Fourth Estate and watchdogs for the public.

Obviously, they’ve never been perfect and many of them were biased to one side or the other over the years. They allowed politicians some peccadilloes - Kennedy's women for example - but mostly they did watch for and try to expose blatant criminal activity and were quick to call out lies.

Now they’re obviously and blatantly completely owned and controlled by the same people who own and control Congress and the Deep state. They don’t even try to be objective although they say they are. Whereas yellow journalism aka propaganda was always present in various papers at various times over the last couple of centuries they generally kept a wall between their reporting and their editorials. Nowadays they have become pure propaganda machines – ALL of them – without a shred of conscience or attempt to fulfill their role in keeping the public educated.

That is the best explanation of what I referenced, I only hope your average american has the intellect to see it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lightning
Now that this "Trumped" up investigation is over, I'm hoping Barr will name a Special Prosecutor to investigate the real criminals in Russian Collusion: Clinton, Obama, Comey, Rice, McCabe, Strok, Page, Lynch, Clapper and a bunch of Career "Hacks" in the DOJ. I'm sure I forgot a few names, but these people at a minimum should all be investigated to the fullest extent of the law.

please don't hold your breath

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Originally Posted by lightning

please don't hold your breath

I think Barr has the cahonies to do it! Trump couldn't have picked a better AG.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
I was young enough that the reason I didn't like Nixon was whatever he did caused news to preempt my Saturday morning cartoons on TV.

It was Kennedy's assassination for me. Friday afternoon through Sunday - news news news blah blah blah. No Roadrunner or Tom and Jerry, no John Wayne movies in the afternoon.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
He was not a good President, but Nixon was a better President than LBJ, or Carter, or Clinton, or Obama - and far less of a crook than Hillary.

Bingo!

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by persiandog
Nixon was on psychotherapy since 1950's and he was a crook ! https://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/03/us/arnold-hutschnecker-102-therapist-to-nixon.html

some of the medications he took are prescribed for severely mentally ill people ( nothing wrong). but he would not have been selected to be president today !

having said that , Nixon did a lot of right things too.

not a fair comparison !

I don't know about that. Nixon's psychosis can't hold a candle to Hillary's. And she damned near made the cut.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Nixon was either hated or liked......notice I said liked not loved. He was a paranoid SOB, and just as crooked as the man he replaced........LBJ. I've always thought Watergate was more of a smear campaign than it was anything else, even though it was a crime.

I have a hard time considering the Watergate break in a crime, if it helped keep McGovern out of the Whitehouse.

Even dumbass Carter was less dangerous to the Nation than McGovern would have been, and the nation's reaction to Carter was 12 years of Reagan/Bush.

It all balanced out well in the end.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
If Nixon had in fact been innocent -- he absolutely was a narcissistic crook -- then Americans would have been fine. But these days, "news" is much too fabricated from whole cloth to kill any witch hunt.

With Nixon all we had was the big three networks. No independent cable news to counter balance.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I have a hard time considering the Watergate break in a crime, if it helped keep McGovern out of the Whitehouse.

The Watergate breakin was stupid, Nixon was going to win no matter what.

What got Tricky Dicky was the cover up, erasing the tapes where he talked about it.

What was the old saying "Dick Nixon before he dicks you!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
One of the biggest differences I see between 1973 and now is the total abdication of the media from their position as the Fourth Estate and watchdogs for the public.

Obviously, they’ve never been perfect and many of them were biased to one side or the other over the years. They allowed politicians some peccadilloes - Kennedy's women for example - but mostly they did watch for and try to expose blatant criminal activity and were quick to call out lies.

Now they’re obviously and blatantly completely owned and controlled by the same people who own and control Congress and the Deep state. They don’t even try to be objective although they say they are. Whereas yellow journalism aka propaganda was always present in various papers at various times over the last couple of centuries they generally kept a wall between their reporting and their editorials. Nowadays they have become pure propaganda machines – ALL of them – without a shred of conscience or attempt to fulfill their role in keeping the public educated.

Agree completely. And that’s why you will hear no apologies or concessions from the media. It’s on to the “next thing” for the media-Democrat Party axis. Mueller even left the door open with his “can’t rule out some obstruction” comment. This “Russiagate” conclusion is just a disappointment. They will continue with their innuendo, slander, lies, and deceptive “reporting.

Last night Tucker summed it up quite well. Go to the “Tucker link” on the right-hand side of the page, third one down.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6017924569001/?playlist_id=5198073478001

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

To expand on this. If you harken back to the early seventies, there were three TV networks, most radio played music, and newspapers were mostly locally owned. In our current digital age, the news cycle is 24/7/365. There is vast amounts of competition, all clamoring for eyeballs. Now we have seemingly hundreds of networks, AM radio is mostly talk radio, there has been significant newspaper consolidation (and even that may not save newspapers) and now we have the internet and the social media that it fosters. And think about news - most of it is negative - crime, natural disasters, tragedy, etc. So with an exponential growth of negative "media" I am not surprised by people continuing to look for the negative. You combine this evolving media world with the always on the attack culture and the "I'm offended" culture and we have a toxic brew.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

With Nixon all we had was the big three networks. No independent cable news to counter balance.

Nixon never got a fair break on the nightly news. There was no Fox on TV and no Rush on the radio.

I even lost my Conservative newspaper when the Globe folded.

For us Goldwater Conservatives it was slim pickings.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There just isn't any rational way to compare Nixon, or the aftermath of his downfall, to Trump and these times. And the analogy just doesn't work.

But yeah, those dems is crazy.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Love him or hate him, Nixon was doing what he thought was right for the United States, not for Globalist fame and glory. That can't be said about the Obama operatives in the "Shadow Government" that tried a bloodless coup. They make Tricky Dicky look like a choir boy.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Damm that Forrest Gump guy for calling up the front desk and complaining about lights going on and off keeping him awake.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I was a little kid. Didn’t much follow such things.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by reivertom
Love him or hate him, Nixon was doing what he thought was right for the United States, not for Globalist fame and glory. That can't be said about the Obama operatives in the "Shadow Government" that tried a bloodless coup. They make Tricky Dicky look like a choir boy.

Yes indeed. He also ended a war started by dims.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by persiandog
Nixon was on psychotherapy since 1950's and he was a crook ! https://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/03/us/arnold-hutschnecker-102-therapist-to-nixon.html

some of the medications he took are prescribed for severely mentally ill people ( nothing wrong). but he would not have been selected to be president today !

having said that , Nixon did a lot of right things too.

not a fair comparison !

Nixon was a good President. There was Nixon Derangement Syndrome, much like with Trump. The burgeoning Ashkenazi Bolshevik commie activists were after him big time, and now the same element is after Trump. If you don't believe it you're a dumb Goyin.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 1minute, 16 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.